PDA

View Full Version : Tangled--Opening Day

Jessica Trapp
November 24th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I'm just back from seeing "Tangled." Cute movie. Anyone else see it today or planning to see it over the holiday weekend?

:) jes

Magicknthenight
November 24th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I'm just back from seeing "Tangled." Cute movie. Anyone else see it today or planning to see it over the holiday weekend?

:) jes
I kind of want to see it just for the hair.:D
However I'm running low on money at the moment so I'm not gonna go see it. Especially with these next few days being so busy.
However i have 6 younger siblings. The last 2 are young enough that my mom will probably just buy the movie for them when it comes out. I'll probably see it then. Wohooo! Wonder if non-Lhcers are as excited about the hair part as i am :p

pixistixx
November 24th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I'll probably wait until it comes out in redbox or one of those dollar movie dispenser machines lol. still have to see the princess and frog movie first though :)

Jessica Trapp
November 24th, 2010, 04:05 PM
weeeeeeeeeelllllllll... with a barefoot princess, long magic hair and a medieval dress I couldn't resist. I thought it was very fun.

LoversLullaby
November 24th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I saw this movie today too, thought it was super adorable! :)

Nae
November 24th, 2010, 07:08 PM
We just got back and I just loved it!! I did find myself getting a bit distracted looking at her hair, which of course hung like she didn't have 60 plus feet hanging behind her. It was really fun!

I know that the ending has taken some flak around here but I thought it was really sweet and appropiate for the story line. I can't say enough about it. Maybe I will go back!

Florida Mom
November 24th, 2010, 08:05 PM
We saw it today too - kids loved it; DH even cried. I loved it and have to agree that even the ending was beautiful and appropriate. It's my new fave Disney movie and princess! Oh and the hair was magnificent, and oh so special.

emeraldfaery
November 24th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I took my little sister to see it in 3D. It was adorable. I love her huge braid with flowers in it.

Quixii
November 24th, 2010, 11:43 PM
DBF and I are probably going to see it this weekend. He said that the girl reminded him of me and the guy reminded him of himself, so we had to see it. :D Fine by me; it looks really cute.

Torrin Paige
November 27th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I went to see it Friday. Of course, I wore my hair down because I just HAD to, you know? I was running late, so didn't make it into the theatre until the previews were already starting. Afterward, as I was shimmying my way through the aisle, I heard one of the dad's say, "Look, girls! That lady has hair just like Rapunzel!" I was then bum rushed by a group of squealing little girls wanting to pat my hair. I crouched down to give them a better vantage point and proceeded to feel kind of like a pony. :) It was an interesting experience. I felt like a celebrity for 5 minutes.

As far as the movie? I quite liked it. It was very funny, I rather liked the "prince", and I'm very glad they got Mandy Moore to do Rapunzel's voice. I rather like Mandy Moore. So far as the ending goes, I knew it was coming from the original fairy tale, so it wasn't quite so shocking when it happened. Granted, this movie has almost nothing to do with the original story, but I figured it would still end up the same way. Overall quite good and I feel like I got my money's worth in the hair animation alone. It was truly glorious in 3D.

lyria
November 27th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I saw this on Friday and loved it! The animation is beautiful and looks great in 3D. As others have said, I had a few "OMG don't do that to your hair!!!" moments, but I reminded myself it was magic hair and felt better. :)

Lianna
November 27th, 2010, 08:29 PM
It's only available in my country in january. :(

remidosi
November 27th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Afterward, as I was shimmying my way through the aisle, I heard one of the dad's say, "Look, girls! That lady has hair just like Rapunzel!" I was then bum rushed by a group of squealing little girls wanting to pat my hair. I crouched down to give them a better vantage point and proceeded to feel kind of like a pony. :)

That's adorable!! I'm sure you made their night and they went home talking about the "real Rapunzel!" :)

Lunnafindel
November 27th, 2010, 09:12 PM
AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! SOOO AWESOME! I'm still giddy from watching it.
I was so worried that it would be bad because the previews all focused on the guy and barely brought Rapunzel into it, but it was GREAT! She's so cute and bubbly! He's so funny and ... cute too (in a different way)! And the Horse!!! :joy: I just loved it.
Worst moment: when she left her hair dangling out of the tower in the wind....can you imagine untangling that afterwards????? :scared:
And now I'm totally jealous of that braid. It's so pretty, with all the flowers and the little accent braids....Why isn't MY hair 70 feet long and glowing???? I feel like such a hair failure....
I'm totally going to see it again next week.

freckles
November 28th, 2010, 06:37 AM
I'm not sure when it comes out over here but I plan to see it when it does. :) it looks like great fun!

windinherhair
November 28th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I would like to see it but I would like to go with someone and don't know who that would be! A LHC meet for this would be fun. :)

SheaLynne
November 28th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Dh and I went to see it on a "date" Friday night (kids went with their cousins after the holiday). We saw it in 3D and it was AMAZING!!!! I loved it! I also thought the storyline was cute (although as a mom, I struggled through the part of her rebellion against her "mom" haha).

I also love-love-loved the huge braid with flowers...sigh, and I'm going to figure out how to hang some kind of glow-in-the-dark "lanterns" from dd's ceiling. She has castle walls and Cinderella painted as a mural in her bedroom, and now I want to add Rapunzel and her tower with her hair hanging down.

I'm okay with Disney changing storylines. I make sure my kids know the classic stories, and we enjoy the Disney ones for what they are. Fun!

Loreley
November 28th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Its opening day is on 2nd December here. I can't wait to watch it. My best friend said she'd come with me. :D

EdG
November 28th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I went to see it Friday. Of course, I wore my hair down because I just HAD to, you know? I was running late, so didn't make it into the theatre until the previews were already starting. Afterward, as I was shimmying my way through the aisle, I heard one of the dad's say, "Look, girls! That lady has hair just like Rapunzel!" I was then bum rushed by a group of squealing little girls wanting to pat my hair. I crouched down to give them a better vantage point and proceeded to feel kind of like a pony. :) It was an interesting experience. I felt like a celebrity for 5 minutes.I was expecting that to happen.

LHC'ers with long, loose hair are going to receive much more than the usual amount of attention at theaters showing Tangled.

I'm thinking that I should avoid theaters at the moment. :couch:

On the other hand, it might be interesting to find out moviegoer's reactions to a male Rapunzel. :D
Ed

Speedbump
November 28th, 2010, 03:02 PM
On the other hand, it might be interesting to find out moviegoer's reactions to a male Rapunzel. :D
Rapunzelo! Rapunzelo! Let your hair down, dude! :lol:

EdG
November 28th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Rapunzelo! Rapunzelo! Let your hair down, dude! :lol:That's hilarious. :rollin:
Ed

Beatnik Guy
November 28th, 2010, 03:59 PM
It's not open here yet, but I understand that the Countess and Bill went with Nicolezoie. :D

ETA: 28 January in the UK! :rolleyes: