PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of long layered hair?

girlinabox
November 24th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Hello everyone. I am new here. In my introduction post I mentioned that I am having my hair cut for the first time in 13 years. My hair isn't far off waist length but I'm having a couple of layers put in the back to hopefully give it a bit more volume as it's quite flat and limp usually. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of some photos of long hair with some long layers in it so that I can show the person who is cutting my hair what I'm aiming for? Thanks, hope you can help! :cool:

misstwist
November 24th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Here ya go!

http://www.sininthesecondcity.com/about.html

LaurelSpring
November 24th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Layers can be awesome. I had them for many years, but you might want to check out the threads like I hate my layers or venting about growing out layers before you cut. My layers have been giving me grief for years now.

lapushka
November 24th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Welcome to the boards. What's your hair like. Any pictures?

I wouldn't get layers put into i hair, it might become hard to cope with. Maybe there are some i members on here who love their layers, IDK.

girlinabox
November 24th, 2010, 09:11 AM
My hair is not far off my waist but it's really flat/limp/lifeless. I literally just want 2 layers or so, but not short ones, in the back to give it a bit of a volume boost.
I can't upload attachments, is that because I'm new?

girlinabox
November 24th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I have tried to upload a pic as my profile picture but not sure if it worked?

lapushka
November 24th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I have tried to upload a pic as my profile picture but not sure if it worked?

O yep, I see the pic. Much too nice to get layers cut into, I think. :flower:

You could go for just a few layers here and there, or for face framing layers. I wouldn't get it all cut up into layers, though, because it's going to take forever to grow back out.

aisling
November 24th, 2010, 09:31 AM
I have layers at the moment, very long layers as pictured in my signature and profile picture. I like them, as they're so long they just add some movement and interest to the ends. I've had pretty much one length, straight across cut hair for a few years and this is a nice change to that.

girlinabox
November 24th, 2010, 09:40 AM
O yep, I see the pic. Much too nice to get layers cut into, I think. :flower:

You could go for just a few layers here and there, or for face framing layers. I wouldn't get it all cut up into layers, though, because it's going to take forever to grow back out.

Heheh thanks but it really isn't, it has no life or volume :o

I won't be getting all of cut in layers, just 1 or 2 thin layers at the back of my head which will hopefully make it 'hang' a bit nicer and give it some movement :D

I have layers at the moment, very long layers as pictured in my signature and profile picture. I like them, as they're so long they just add some movement and interest to the ends. I've had pretty much one length, straight across cut hair for a few years and this is a nice change to that.

Ah yes, that is exactly what I mean! Thank you! Your hair is beautiful :D

Rabya-Khadija
November 24th, 2010, 01:38 PM
http://www.hairstyleswatch.com/UserFiles/Image/FEBRUARY%202009/Bianca%20Gascoigne.jpg

Love these layers and think they would look amazing in even longer hair.

Anje
November 24th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Hi and welcome.

I don't have any pics of my own, and I'm sure Google will find the same stuff for you as me....

I just wanted to comment that your hair looks pretty in your profile. And that I think it's past what we tend to call "waist" around here. (We use the dressmaker's sense of the word, where it's the narrowest part of your torso.) I'd say you're close to hip.

share801
November 24th, 2010, 10:09 PM
I don't mean to discourage you but at a i thickness not sure layers are a good idea? I struggle with thin ends though, even with no layers, so your experience may be different.

Coan-Teen
November 25th, 2010, 12:01 AM
This woman has long layers but her hair is thicker than a i. Still, it might be a helpful example for length comparison. HTH.

http://studiomdowntown.com/hairVeryLongRed.jpg

UltraBella
November 25th, 2010, 12:54 AM
I have layers, lots of them, and I ****LOVE**** them. I would hate my hair all one length, it would be completely without body or movement.
The layers give my hair bounce and - dare I say - sexiness that I really like.
I have what a stylist would call "long, blended layers" and they are awesome :) I do have to add though, my hair is seriously thick. Super super thick. So layers are almost essential to me having hair happiness.
Are you sure you are just an i ? I looked at your photo but it is hard to tell.

Aveyronnaise
November 25th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I am just a big ditto to the above post.I have failed before growing out my hair because i got bored without the movement of layers and the heavy thick, triangle shape syndrome.
I am using this pic as a loose guide to grow mine out , also because i can do some edwardian flavored styles as well. Her hair looks a lot like mine
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m27/rubytakeyrlove/schoolofsevenbells.jpg