PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Stings More

Dragon
November 23rd, 2010, 08:32 PM
Does any one else find shampoo stings there eye worse then conditioner? I have tried many different shampoos and conditioners and it’s always the shampoo that stings the most.

little_cherry
November 23rd, 2010, 11:18 PM
Have you tried a pH balanced shampoo? Most shampoos have a high pH which stings the eye.

Cholera
November 23rd, 2010, 11:37 PM
Are you testing shampoos in your eyes? o.O

DARKMARTIAN
November 23rd, 2010, 11:41 PM
This thread kind of jogged a memory in me. Something that I havent remembered or thought about in quite some time. I remember when I was very young how I always seemed to dislike having my hair washed because it always......um ......stang..http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/Smilies/smile-9.gif

Dragon
November 24th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Have you tried a pH balanced shampoo? Most shampoos have a high pH which stings the eye.

I have tried pH balance shampoos but they do still sting. Not as bad tho.

Dragon
November 24th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Are you testing shampoos in your eyes? o.O

I don't test it in my eyes but I always seem to get some in some how.

SimplyViki
November 24th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Just try not to get it in your eyes. :shrug: I haven't found any shampoo that won't sting if you get it in your eyes. Baby shampoos sometimes don't, because they put some sort of numbing agent in those, but they're harsher on the hair.

enfys
November 24th, 2010, 10:23 AM
I can't remember the last time I got shampoo in my eyes but I know when I was a kid I didn't enjoy it.

Maybe try changing your method to avoid it going in them. Try washing upside down or over the sink or something.

spidermom
November 24th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I haven't gotten shampoo into my eyes in so long that I can't tell you whether or not it stings.

BrightEyes7
November 24th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Shampoo hurts.

I've never gotten conditioner in my eyes though.

Might I suggest closing your eyes.... :laugh:

DuckyDot
November 24th, 2010, 11:12 AM
All Shampoo Stings - everything stings when you get it in your eye! And I've never had conditioner in my eye. Try a different method as recommended above. ^

little_cherry
November 24th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I've always kept my eyes shut while shampooing and rinsing- doing a final face rinse before opening the eyes is a good idea, too. Now, I've never got conditioner in my eye, but I suspect it would sting because it's acidic as opposed to shampoo which is basic. Baby shampoo is pH balanced to minimise the stinging. There is no antiseptic listed in the ingredients- also, antiseptics sting!!