PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever spilt hair oil/products everywhere?

Dreamkitty
November 23rd, 2010, 05:00 AM
I am just so clumsy and spilt Amla oil over the white drawer, lucky I had some newspaper to soak in the oil. :o

But It was very annoying as the room was filled with strong Amla oil smell so I used some of the oil dropped on the wardrobe on my hair. The wardrobe was clean so I thought its going to go to waste. Felt bad because these oils are quite expensive and it just ends up in a sticky mess.

Anyone else went through a similar fate to me? whats the best way to clean oil up?

Astarte_1980
November 23rd, 2010, 05:03 AM
Yes I have spoiled oil on the floor.
I love your signature picture.

Dragon
November 23rd, 2010, 05:14 AM
Yes, Have spilt it on the floor and bathroom bench. I just clean it up with a cloth and water.

Avital88
November 23rd, 2010, 05:26 AM
I remember 2 years ago i just bought a new Argan oil bottle and it fell al over the bathroom floor and the funny thing is: it happend to me twice:s
Im a donkey... haha

Marjolein
November 23rd, 2010, 05:45 AM
You'll need something that's the opposite of oil to remove it. So, a degreaser of some kind. Also sprinkling flour or talcum powder on top of it will absorb a lot of the oil.
Well that's the answer part, now for my own story:

I once dropped a brand new glass bottle of after shave whilst cleaning the bathroom. That bathroom still smelled like old spice when we moved out three (!!) years later.

Tiina
November 23rd, 2010, 05:52 AM
I dropped an almost full jar of coconut oil (which I use both on face and hair) in the bathroom sink. There was very little spillage as the oil was solid from being in the fridge but I spent an hour separating the oil from the broken glass. The jar had broken so the top and bottom had fallen off and the chunk of oil was stuck in a ring of glass. When I finally got it free by heating the remains with hot water and poking the oil with a knife I realised I have probably lodged some miniature shards into the oil. So I felt and peeled and carved almost the whole surface off. I think I got it all out but I'm still afraid I might rub some tiny pieces of glass in my eye as I OCM. :shudder:

ETA : I did have to clean up some from the floor and towels but heating the floor and wiping it off with paper seemed to do the trick. Towels just went through the wash and were fine.

halo_tightens
November 23rd, 2010, 06:42 AM
Just grab a handful of your hair and use it (instead of a rag) to clean the spill! I'll admit I've done it, and I know for a fact that other LHCers have done it too, if the spilled substance in question is something yummy for hair. :D

pepperminttea
November 23rd, 2010, 06:52 AM
I always forget coconut oil is liquid in the summer time, so my desk has (more than once) gotten a splatter of it when I open the jar expecting a solid. :o I just soaked it up with tissues; the wood didn't seem to complain.

HoneyJubilee
November 23rd, 2010, 10:59 AM
I've knocked over my sweet almond oil a couple of times. Luckily it's just been the small dropper bottle and not the larger bottle I use for refilling the dropper bottle, and none of it has ended up on the floor. I've just wiped it up with a rag or paper towel or whatever's around and then a bit of bathroom cleaner if there's still an oily residue.

lundmir
November 23rd, 2010, 11:14 AM
I stupidly spilled henna powder last night all over my bed. Good reminder not to mix henna anywhere else than the bathroom!

MoonlightShadow
November 23rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
i spilt olive oil all over the floor :(:(:( thats was a mess and was hard to get up