PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of this?

Igor
November 23rd, 2010, 02:35 AM
At the stylist yesterday I thumbed through some sort of Stylists Monthly-magazine. I saw what looked like a flat iron, but it had a weird effect between the plates, so I read the description: It wasn’t a flat iron, but an infrared light and ultrasound emitter in the shape of a normal flat iron. I think my reaction can be summed up as “Huh?” :ponder:
The description praised its ability to make treatments penetrate better. I have a vague idea that it might actually be able to do some good, but it still seems really weird. I have read about using ultrasound to “push” medicine and vaccinations into the skin and I’m pretty sure infrared light can be used on damaged muscles too, but that doesn’t mean it would work on hair?
I’m pretty sure the majority of its “effect” is like a normal flat iron in clamping the hair strands compact and smooth and that way make the hair appear shinier and healthier
Anyone ever heard of something like that before?

trillcat
November 23rd, 2010, 03:12 AM
Hmm ultrasound, does it count when you scream at your hair in a voice only dogs can hear and cats get annoyed?

Jessica Trapp
November 23rd, 2010, 03:17 AM
Hmm ultrasound, does it count when you scream at your hair in a voice only dogs can hear and cats get annoyed?

LOL! :laugh:

luxepiggy
November 23rd, 2010, 03:22 AM
Whoa. I just read their website and it sounds SCARY:

"Our new Japanese patented ultrasonic plate (bottom) produces high frequency vibration of 36,000 times per second converting the liquid water under normal temperature in (sic) steam (gaseous) water. Therefore, our ultrasonic plate's unique technology does not produce heat. Not (sic) more heat damage."

. . . they also say the hair has to stay wet at all times during use, and then they advise as a last step: "dry the hair with a flat iron" :run:

Igor
November 23rd, 2010, 03:40 AM
Whoa. I just read their website and it sounds SCARY:

"Our new Japanese patented ultrasonic plate (bottom) produces high frequency vibration of 36,000 times per second converting the liquid water under normal temperature in (sic) steam (gaseous) water. Therefore, our ultrasonic plate's unique technology does not produce heat. Not (sic) more heat damage."
*Twitches*
Yea, steam, the expansion of water by breaking down H2O molecules, is something I would love to have happening inside my hair strands… :eek:

. . . they also say the hair has to stay wet at all times during use, and then they advise as a last step: "dry the hair with a flat iron" :run:
Dry the hair using a flat iron?? Wow, I never thought I would write this, but what’s wrong with blow driers now? :ponder:

Elenna
November 23rd, 2010, 03:58 AM
Oh my, blow dryers, flat irons and now ultrasonic water streamers for hair. At this rate, no customers will have any hair left. Sorry infrared light and ultrasound, but this is techie stuff!

trillcat
November 23rd, 2010, 04:08 AM
Oh my, blow dryers, flat irons and now ultrasonic water streamers for hair. At this rate, no customers will have any hair left. Sorry infrared light and ultrasound, but this is techie stuff!
Tech stuff is a good market ploy.
Dazzle with babble

lapushka
November 23rd, 2010, 07:32 AM
Tech stuff is a good market ploy.
Dazzle with babble

:lol:

That device sounds scary and a little surreal. Wondering if it might actually make customers run.

aenflex
November 23rd, 2010, 07:37 AM
I like the sound of infared heat, that's actually getting pretty popular. If I could afford it I would love to have an infared sauna at the house :)
But this just looks to me like hype wrapped in technology, trying to impress people. Kinda scary that these things are marketed in stylist magazines.

curlylocks85
November 23rd, 2010, 07:48 AM

Hillarious LOL!

LOL! :laugh:

Ditto!

UltraBella
November 23rd, 2010, 08:34 AM
Any stylist with a brain will NEVER dry your hair with a flat iron.
I cringed so hard when I read that, I think I pulled a muscle.
*limps away grumbling*

Clarisse
November 26th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Water has to reach a certain temperature, before the majority of the energy added to the water will be used to make the water go from liquid state to gas state. And the water will expand too. Bad idea... I think all the weird infrared-stuff is just a way to make their product sound more scientific than what it actually is. Like when the shampoobottles says something like ”New patented ultra-gloss-technology with japanese bamboo-molecules” = this product contains ’cones, and at the very end of the ingredients list, it says something about bamboo.

Igor
November 26th, 2010, 01:01 PM
*Chuckles* Don’t forget that the new patented ultra-glossing Japanese bamboo-molecules comes with the very cool technology of little cross-hairs as shown in the ad! It just zooms right in on all the damaged parts! It’s new! It’s exotic! It’s almost magic, except that its technology! :razz:

I think all the weird infrared-stuff is just a way to make their product sound more scientific than what it actually is. Like when the shampoobottles says something like ”New patented ultra-gloss-technology with japanese bamboo-molecules” = this product contains ’cones, and at the very end of the ingredients list, it says something about bamboo.

little_cherry
November 26th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I am actually concerned as to how many decibels this thing produces..over 120dB can lead to hearing loss...and I'm guessing some people will be using this frequently. Yeah...that sounds totally safe. :rolleyes:

>>>
Wow....yes. The last time I used a straightener on wet hair (obviously pre LHC), I was wondering why my hair was getting dull and breaking....my hair smelled like it was freshly baked..not the freshly baked cookie smell, either.

I think my hair is very afraid now....Time for SMT!!