PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't my hair move?

jujube
November 22nd, 2010, 03:53 PM
You know how your hair blows in the wind? Well mine doesn't do that, when I move my head my hair stays pretty much in the same place.

I'm growing out a pixie, I have quite thick hair (especially for its length) and the ends are dry due to past heat styling. I usually alternate between CO and S-C, and I do use cones but clarify once in a while with baking soda.

Has anyone had this problem? Is this normal (hair too thick for my length) or am I doing something wrong?

DARKMARTIAN
November 22nd, 2010, 04:12 PM
I live in a little state called Oklahoma.......

I bet we have some winds here that will blow it around :p

(the highest wind speeds ever recorded on earth happened here)

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/Smilies/wind_2.gif

Never had that problem though except for back in the 80's....:o

Avvoltoio
November 22nd, 2010, 04:14 PM
I started to feel it really moving when my hair reached chin length, i think it is normal for a person who have thick hair :), don't be afraid, when you will reach longer length your hair will go everywhere on the wind :D

spidermom
November 22nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Hmmmmm, maybe the wind just blows over it instead of through it. More length and it will blow all around more than likely.

Product use might have something to do with it. My hair used to stay in place pretty well when it was short and I used gel.

halo_tightens
November 22nd, 2010, 04:22 PM
It could be the thickness-- or, I also see that your hairtype is M/C, like mine. Coarser hair doesn't seem to move as much as finer strands. I can make a ponytail and practically stand it on end, simply because the hair is coarse and doesn't bend as easily as fine hair.

luxepiggy
November 22nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
Worry not. It will, when it gets longer, and then it will annoy you by getting all over the place, sticking in your lip balm, tickling your face, etc. (^(oo)~)

LawyerGirl
November 22nd, 2010, 08:12 PM
My hair has only just started blowing around at shoulder length.

Bonkers57
November 22nd, 2010, 08:35 PM
What I wouldn't give for my hair to stay in place - even in the wind! :magic:

AnnaJamila
November 22nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
Just keep growing and you'll get there! You'll be sick of it by then!!!

HintOfMint
November 22nd, 2010, 09:41 PM
Count your blessings, dear, count your blessings. ;)

Vermelha
November 23rd, 2010, 09:59 AM
My hair doesn't move that much, usually because it's loaded down with oil, but I think that's a good thing ^^

MoonlightShadow
November 23rd, 2010, 10:09 AM
maybe the hair is weighed down with products?(happens to me:o) or maybe ur hair is just that thick :)

lapushka
November 23rd, 2010, 10:39 AM
It's short and thick. That's it. Mine wouldn't budge when it was as short as yours, but now... I look like a scarecrow when it's windy out. So yeah, just be glad for now. :p

jojo
November 23rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
What I wouldn't give for my hair to stay in place - even in the wind! :magic:

my thoughts too, I end up with a human hair scarf in my face...enjoy that it doesnt, it is seriously annoying, i tend to put it up most days now!

GoddesJourney
November 23rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
I assume that part of this is thickness vs length, and part of this is that old damage you mentioned. My hair gets "velcroey" when it gets damaged and a little trim usually fixes that right up. That's how I know when to trim. At my length it causes tangles, which my hair is too thick for unless it's damaged. Don't worry about it. Let it grow and grow and as it gets longer it will begin to move more. Also, as you trim to keep the ends fresh or even out the length or whatever else, that old damage will start to disappear and your hair will just flow beautifully in the wind... at which point I suspect you will find it super annoying.