PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to grow out layers?

Dreamkitty
November 22nd, 2010, 05:44 AM
I have my hair in layers, its long in the middle, shorter on the sides. I want to grow out my layers. How long does it usually take to get hair the layers the same length as the longer hairs?:o

pepperminttea
November 22nd, 2010, 06:37 AM
It depends how long your layers are compared to the rest of your hair - if they're six inches shorter than the rest of your hemline, and you're maintaining that hemline, it'll take about a year (assuming your growth rate is average). You could cut them off immediately, taking your hemline up to the level of your shortest layer, but that could be potentially traumatic. It depends how desperate you are to be rid of them, really.

Dreamkitty
November 22nd, 2010, 07:47 AM
^^ Thanks for the reply. Well I would say my layers is 3 inches shorter then my longest hairs.:) Guest it won't take that long if 6 inches takes one year approx. Im impatient though and I wish all my hairs could be the same length but I have to wait couple of months. Ive also got short hairs growing by the side but they are not part of my layer, its just some new hairs which makes my hair look messy since they are too short to be included in a pony tail lol.

SpinDance
November 22nd, 2010, 07:50 AM
Do you know what your average monthly growth rate is? That will tell you how long it will take. The average is about 1/2 inch a month. Some people find their hair grows faster/slower some seasons, as well.