PDA

View Full Version : In the kitchen? Why? What are you putting on your hair?

Aliped
November 21st, 2010, 06:44 PM
I was in my mums kitchen, making cheese on toast. I don't know where she keeps everything, so I asked her if she had any paprika. She immediately became suspicious and asked what I wanted it for. When I told her it was for my cheese on toast, she was visibly relieved and directed me to where she kept it. I asked her what she thought I was going to do with it. She replied that she thought I was going to use it all up to put on my hair .....:eek:

Anybody else get this?

rusika1
November 21st, 2010, 06:49 PM
That is really funny! My husband just doesn't even ask anymore.

Debra83
November 21st, 2010, 06:53 PM
lol that's hilarious!

DorothyAtForty
November 21st, 2010, 06:58 PM
:laugh: That's great. I haven't ever bought or used coconut oil, but I'd like to start. Other than that, I don't know of anything in the kitchen I've put in my hair. I think I keep vinegar in both the kitchen and restroom, just because it's so darn good at cleaning but I haven't used it as a rinse.

redneckprincess
November 21st, 2010, 07:03 PM
Really funny, that happened to me today, but it WAS something I plan to use on my hair, lol

I asked DH if we had and molassas and my 13 year old son said what do you need that for. My husband said sarcasticly " for her hair of course" and I said actually yeah, for my hair, why not? And to that, I got no responce....lol ;)

Aliped
November 21st, 2010, 07:14 PM
So far I've used coconut, hemp and olive oils, molasses, honey, baking soda and Vinegar. In the future I intend to use egg whites and avocados, but I'm going to try to be more discrete (sneaky) about it :)

Anywhere
November 21st, 2010, 07:18 PM
My mom calls the things I put on my hair "potions" and asks if I've used X item for a hair potion when she misplaces or uses it and forgets. :rolleyes:

I've used mayonnaise (pre LHC), egg, banana (bad idea), EVOO, baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice (pre LHC), I believe it was Thyme?(used in tea to try and calm my scalp), and honey.

luxepiggy
November 21st, 2010, 07:22 PM
This was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread title:

"If you use my apple cider vinegar for cooking, and not put it back where it belongs, IN THE BATHROOM, I will cut you! You hear me? I will cut you!!!"

Yeah, I've been there

LOL! (^(oo)^)

Originally from this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56114&highlight=vinegar+belongs+bathroom)

Sundial
November 21st, 2010, 07:50 PM
My case is slightly different :D DH always embarasses me when we are out grocery shopping - he'll read through the list and ask loudly "baby food in banana flavor? We don't even have a baby! Is it for your hair?" :o I could dig a hole and bury myself in it!

DARKMARTIAN
November 21st, 2010, 08:17 PM
I like to flambé my hair........a touch a lemon and garlic and voila.

kschr2004
November 21st, 2010, 08:18 PM

DARKMARTIAN, your posts have been making me laugh all day today! :D

DARKMARTIAN
November 21st, 2010, 08:23 PM
DARKMARTIAN, your posts have been making me laugh all day today! :D

Im happy that they can do that for you...:)
But I admit....I dont know a lot about hair care. So all I really have to interject is my sense of humor a lot of times. But I AM learning as I read the posts here......so thanks to everyone .:o

AnnaJamila
November 21st, 2010, 08:26 PM
My mom calls the things I put on my hair "potions" and asks if I've used X item for a hair potion when she misplaces or uses it and forgets. :rolleyes:

I've used mayonnaise (pre LHC), egg, banana (bad idea), EVOO, baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice (pre LHC), I believe it was Thyme?(used in tea to try and calm my scalp), and honey.

Wait, is mayo bad for hair?! I use it all the time!!!

little_cherry
November 21st, 2010, 09:11 PM
LOL! That's funny! I get asked "what are you doing with that" quite often.

Even while I was making this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=80590)... :eyebrows:

:laugh: High five. ;)

Elenna
November 22nd, 2010, 02:49 AM
....I've used mayonnaise (pre LHC), egg, banana (bad idea), EVOO, baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice (pre LHC), I believe it was Thyme?(used in tea to try and calm my scalp), and honey.

That's all??? There is still a whole grocery store to try out. Heck we even put coffee & tea on our hair, but not all at once.

Eireann
November 22nd, 2010, 06:43 AM
I've tried coconut oil, eggs, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and honey. Olive oil was too heavy for my fine hair and made it feel greasy. Eggs didn't do much one way or the other, nor did honey. Coconut oil and ACV are staples now (though the ACV rinses will have to be limited to when DH is out of town because he HATES the smell. :rolleyes: )

Monsterkitti
November 22nd, 2010, 06:59 AM
Hehe DBF doesnt even think of the honey in our house as food, its a hair item :D
The only time he questions me is with ACV and when all the eggs have dissapeared :)

luxepiggy
November 22nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
I'm glad I live by myself . . . although I had a friend stay at my place unexpectedly once. After taking a shower the next morning, she asked me why there was an empty beer bottle in there! I'm not sure she bought my explanation that I was doing a beer rinse! (^(oo)^)

Thinthondiel
November 22nd, 2010, 08:01 AM
I've tried eggs, olive oil, coconut oil, coconut milk, honey, tea, white vinegar, ACV, baking soda, club soda and lemon juice...

My roomies have stopped being surprised at all the weird stuff I put in my hair. :p

aenflex
November 22nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
I used my BF's kitchen tools for all my henna applications. He calls it 'swamp water', and promptly went out and bought things to replace what I used for my henna.

Luna Lavender
November 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
When I got something new to try (or ask my mom to bring me something when she goes to the store), she always goes "What are you going to do with THAT?" *eyes me suspiciously* :D My dad always laughs at me, so I just try to make sure he doesn't notice. :P
Oh, and my mom keeps telling me to be careful, she's afraid I'll burn off my hair or something. :D