PDA

View Full Version : how to make curly hair appear longer : )

mellycurls
November 21st, 2010, 06:18 PM
hi everyone! i just wanted to share with you guys a trick that i have recently discovered. i have fairly short and curly hair, and i am so desperatly trying to grow it out! it's difficult for me to stay away from my flat iron because i hate how short my hair looks in it's natural state (curly!). one of my biggest pet peeves is that the ends of my hair curl up and essentially make it look a few inches shorter! a few years ago, i used to straighten these ends (even when i would wear my hair naturally curly). now that i am trying to grow my hair out, i am trying to not use heat and so i am trying to find ways to deal with the curly ends! if you have the same problem, i have found a solution!! when your hair is drying, braid the bottom 3 inches of your hair (any further up, your hair will end up looking too curly on the top, and kinky on the bottom), and use a small scrunchie to secure the braid. then, take a second scrunchie and wrap it around the small piece of hair sticking out of the first scrunchie. basically, you want the bottom inch or so of hair to be completly covered. keep this in until your hair is dry the ends may take longer to dry but be patient!). i usually sleep with this in my hair. when i wake up, i have beautiful curly hair, with fairly staight ends (making it look much longer). i hope this helps some of you!

even if you do not have a problem with the ends of your hair curling up, try this trick and see if you like the look of straighter ends! i sure do!

let me know if you have any questions : )

melanie

redneckprincess
November 21st, 2010, 07:12 PM
Do you have pictures of this process and results? Please!!

spidermom
November 21st, 2010, 07:25 PM
The picture in my head looks odd. When I braid my hair but leave a tail and then take it out and have wavy-wavy-wavy hair with straight ends, it looks odd.

starlights
November 22nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
oh wow, i must try this!!!

aenflex
November 22nd, 2010, 08:46 AM
Similar concept as wrapping the hair, which I used to do but is much more time consuming than your method. I actually sorta do the same thing right now. I put one of those soft cotton head bands, which I use for a scrunchie, at the very ends of my hair and leave it like that until my hair is dry. Helps a lot with the 'flip' the last few inches of my hair likes to do :)

May
November 22nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
I think wavy hair with straighter ends looks more modern so I can see how this would look good. Can you take a picture so we can see exactly what you mean though? Thanks :)

curlymarcia
November 22nd, 2010, 11:36 AM
I would definitively try this trick!

allik
November 22nd, 2010, 07:15 PM
I would love to try this. I would love to see pictures :D