PDA

View Full Version : Cutting...now or next month?

Lemur_Catta
November 21st, 2010, 02:10 PM
I have to trim at least 4 inches. I know I have to, even though I was just reaching hip, but those 4 inches are damaged beyond repair, due to some bad choices in the last months\years.
I am sad, but it's necessary, even though my braids will be shorter.
I was planning on cutting on December 31st, and then do the 1 year without trims challenge in 2011.
But those ends are really bothering me, there are A LOT of split ends and they just feel rough compared to the rest of my hair.
Should I cut now, or delay till New Year's Eve?
Besides, my hair has been barely growing in the last months, and even if I can't see it, I suspect it is because of breakage, and because I have to do a lot of S&D.
Is it worth to wait? Should I trim now?
I don't know what to do :(

redneckprincess
November 21st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Cut 2" now and 2" in a month!!

Carolyn
November 21st, 2010, 02:56 PM
Good idea rnp. The December 31 date seems to be symbolic of a new start for you. I don't think it will hurt your hair to wait.

jojo
November 21st, 2010, 02:57 PM
I agree with this totally!

GrowingGlory
November 21st, 2010, 03:00 PM
If you can make it through the holiday season feeling good about your hair, then it would be a nice symbolic gesture to cut it for the new year. Or, you could get it out of the way now and enjoy new ends, a fresh looking hem, and easier upkeep and styling during a busy season.

Lemur_Catta
November 21st, 2010, 03:45 PM

That's what I did :D I just cut 6cm, which is a little bit more than 2 inches, and my hair feels so much better! I can feel I lost length, but no one else will probably notice. I went from almost hip to solid waist, but it was worth it. I spent last year trimming all my growth, so I will start 2011 with the same length than 2010, but with healthier hair, so it's better.
Maybe I will be able to cut less than 2 more inches on New Year's Eve!

GrowingGlory
November 21st, 2010, 03:51 PM
Congratulations! Problem half solved!

redneckprincess
November 21st, 2010, 04:23 PM
That's what I did :D I just cut 6cm, which is a little bit more than 2 inches, and my hair feels so much better! I can feel I lost length, but no one else will probably notice. I went from almost hip to solid waist, but it was worth it. I spent last year trimming all my growth, so I will start 2011 with the same length than 2010, but with healthier hair, so it's better.
Maybe I will be able to cut less than 2 more inches on New Year's Eve!
yey!!! glad your happy with it and hopefully you dont have to cut off another 2" come new years, but if you do it will most deffinetly make for healthy blunter ends :)

curlymarcia
November 22nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
Why don't you cut only 1 or 2 inches and then make a major S&D?? maybe the S&D post-cut can save you the other 2" ;)

Lemur_Catta
November 22nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Why don't you cut only 1 or 2 inches and then make a major S&D?? maybe the S&D post-cut can save you the other 2" ;)

I did cut 2 inches :D S&D is not an option because that's one of the reasons I cut my hair. Since some sections are more damaged than others (ex-highlights) S&D made my ends very uneven, full in some sections and almost see through in others.
Now I'm babying my ends, and I hope I don't have to trim anymore until 2012 xD