PDA

View Full Version : Which hair intervals seemed to take forever? Which ones went fastest?

jenjen10
November 21st, 2010, 09:45 AM
It seemed to take forever for me to get from shoulder length to APL... yet APL to BSL (upper bra strap anyway) seemed to go VERY fast for me. Just wondering if certain intervals seem to take longer than others... seems to me that once I got past shoulder length things have happened more quickly. Or maybe I just became more patient! hehe

HairFaerie
November 21st, 2010, 09:49 AM
Pixie to shoulder is the absolute WORST, SLOWEST interval for me.
The rest is smooth sailing it seems like! I think it's because once I reach BSL, my hair actually feels longish so I don't obsess over the length as much. But above shoulders seems soooooo short and seems to take forever to get to shoulder.

DARKMARTIAN
November 21st, 2010, 09:50 AM
I dont think this is actually an interval.....but if I remember correctly, it seems like it took forever until I could finally pull all of my hair back into a ponytail and it would stay.....

(I did kinda have a mullet type thing going on at one point :o:o:o)

aenflex
November 21st, 2010, 09:53 AM
From pixie to where I am at now flew by. Then I joined this lovely place and now, well, time is passing a little slower as my attention is so keenly focused on the hair. BSL seems eons away but I. WILL. GET. THERE.

:)

spidermom
November 21st, 2010, 09:56 AM
BSL to waist took about two eternities.
Waist to hip was fast.

pixistixx
November 21st, 2010, 09:58 AM
I hate chin to shoulder..... i can so identify with the mullet feeling, especially since the back of my hair grows faster than the front

2peasinapod
November 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM
Pixie to shoulder was also the worst for me. Shoulder to APL flew by so fast, I didn;t even notice!

triumphator!
November 21st, 2010, 10:41 AM
Chin to shoulder flew by for me-- one morning I woke up with hair tickling my shoulders and I was so surprised. Now it feels like shoulder to APL is a slow, trudging march....

Anje
November 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM
My hair got stuck at around BSL. BSL-to-waist isn't that big a distance on me, but hair loves to stall there for some people.

jenjen10
November 21st, 2010, 10:44 AM
My hair got stuck at around BSL. BSL-to-waist isn't that big a distance on me, but hair loves to stall there for some people.

Oh no! That is not what I wanted to hear.... ((crosses fingers that my hair does not stall))

jaine
November 21st, 2010, 10:51 AM
Pixie to updo length (slightly above shoulder) took forevvvvveeerrr...but now it's going much faster now that I wear my hair up on a regular basis! About once a month I look at the length and it feels longer than I expect.

missmorbus
November 21st, 2010, 10:51 AM
The shorter intervals felt like they took forever. I completely agree, once I got past shoulder, things seemed to speed up. I'm feeling impatient for waist, so I have a sneaking suspicion that BSL to waist is going to feel like it takes forever.

ericthegreat
November 21st, 2010, 10:57 AM
For me, the shorter milestones flew by so fast I couldn't imagine how different I looked within the span of just months. I steadily grew my hair out for a very short crew cut eons ago back when I was around 13 to 14. I went from a crew cut to a shaggy, surfer length style in just 3 months!!! And then I easily reached shoulder length in under a year, and APL came about maybe a year and a half. For me, it was definitely the longer milestones like BSL and waist length that took AGES. For years and years my hair just seemed to be "stuck" at mid-back length, which isn't surprising since I have a very long torso/chest region.

indigonight
November 21st, 2010, 11:02 AM
ditto Eric! Waist to tailbone is taking forever!!!!!!!!

little_cherry
November 21st, 2010, 11:10 AM
Shoulder to APL for me! my growth slows down in the fall.

phistash
November 21st, 2010, 11:11 AM

This seems to be happening to me. I know, objectively, that it isn't the case, but I feel like my hair will never get to waist, especially as my ends are so stringy from not trimming.

sherigayle
November 21st, 2010, 11:23 AM
APL to BSL took FOREVER! I never thought I would get there. BSL to waist was the next longest. The fastest was waist to hip. I cut from hip back to waist a couple of months ago and I'm almost back to hip again.

chelseamichelle
November 21st, 2010, 11:24 AM
BSL to waist is the worst so far. I'm sort of at waist but not 100 % and it's been this way for a while, i've also hit a growth stall:mad:

MsBubbles
November 21st, 2010, 11:32 AM
BSL to Waist was the longest section (so far, anyway). The reason being that was when all my damage showed up on my ends from past blow-frying & highlighting. I had to dust religiously just to keep the ends tidy.

lapushka
November 21st, 2010, 12:14 PM
I started at chin length. Chin to SL was the most awkward growing out stage and because of that it seemed to take forever. Once past shoulder, things started to improve a bit and were far less awkward, but overall chin to APL is not pleasant. APL to BSL was quite enjoyable actually, went by just like that. BSL to WL is nice too. I don't mind the time it takes to grow hair. I did mind from chin to APL, because there's just no dealing with that hair at that stage!

DreadfulWoman
November 21st, 2010, 12:36 PM
I really don't like the "in-between" lengths on myself - I like my hair either very short or very long, so everything from shoulder length to waist seems to take an excruciatingly long time (and in the past that's always where I would give up on it and cut it back). But once I was at waist length I was satisfied with it, and then it seemed like it just jumped to tailbone length in one day. It really surprised me.

Funny how everyone's experiences with this seem so different.

BunnyBee
November 21st, 2010, 12:58 PM
This one. The is-is-or-isn't-it-waist? length. I might cut it anyway just to tidy. Haven't trimmed since spring so it's time really...

MinderMutsig
November 21st, 2010, 01:07 PM
From short to pixie went by pretty fast, pixie to shoulder took forever and shoulder to APL seems to be going pretty fast again.

lhangel9
November 21st, 2010, 01:41 PM
APL to BSL. Seems to be moving "just slightly" faster toward MBL.

ravenreed
November 21st, 2010, 01:42 PM
It is not quite the same thing but it seems to take forever to get to a landmark length, but once I reach it, if I trim back a bit, it takes no time at all to hit it again. I thought I would NEVER hit tailbone but since then, every time I take off a couple of inches it seems like I am back at tailbone in a few weeks.

Forever_Sophie
November 21st, 2010, 02:20 PM
AP length to bra strap length for me! I seemed to be stuck there forever! Now, it's around waist - even so, BS to waist and even waist to hip doesn't seem to take that long.

Stephichan
November 21st, 2010, 02:32 PM
APL to BSL seemed to take forever. It actually did not take very long, but it seemed to. Pixie to shoulder took a while, but it doesn't seem like it did. I guess I've just been a good combination of busy and patient. Mostly, waiting for most-all of my hair to go into a ponytail is what is taking forever.

tinti
November 21st, 2010, 02:36 PM
Bsl to waist flew by in just 3-4 months but APL to BSL tok foreverrrr.

Angeletti
November 21st, 2010, 02:37 PM
Probably waist to TB... although right now it seems like TB to classic since I'm waiting to hit goal and it seems to be taking forever!

Atalaya
November 21st, 2010, 02:57 PM
The rest is smooth sailing it seems like! I think it's because once I reach BSL, my hair actually feels longish so I don't obsess over the length as much. But above shoulders seems soooooo short and seems to take forever to get to shoulder.

I agree with you! My hair grows slowly anyway, and it feels like it has taken forever for it to get as close to shoulder as it is now. I'm liking it more and more every day though :)

princessp
November 21st, 2010, 03:02 PM
I'm going to say BSL to Waist was fast, but waist to tailbone seems to be taking forever! But it is probably just because that is where I am now trying to get to and I've been at waist hundreds of times in my life.

jojo
November 21st, 2010, 03:02 PM
the quickest journey for me was shoulder to apl, but apl to bsl omg forever and a day, i even thought id stalled, but BSL to waist a lot quicker now it feels waist to hip which is only 4" on me is dragging. Funny though I still visulise my hair at apl!

AlleyKitten
November 21st, 2010, 05:57 PM
Waist to tailbone was super slow, and then tailbone to classic seemed to go by leaps and bounds. I had an honest to goodness stall at elbow-length, after which I started treating it better, but I don't think that's what was happening before hitting tailbone.

pepperminttea
November 21st, 2010, 06:06 PM
APL to BSL was quite quick for me. BSL to waist took seemingly forever, but I trimmed four inches off in that period which didn't help matters. Though I am now at waist and nearly clear of layers! :)

Jules diamond
November 21st, 2010, 07:31 PM
APL to BSL took forever.

BSL to waist is only taking a few months.

HintOfMint
November 21st, 2010, 07:57 PM
BSL to waist was pretty hellish, but that's probably because I was paying so much attention to it. Joining LHC and watched kettles and whatnot.

I have never had hair this long before, but, I have a feeling waist to hip is going to feel pretty swift, not only because I finally got over the great "waist-land" but hip is close to waist and my waves are getting more stretched out due to the weight, so less shrinkage. Knock on wood.

liagibba
November 21st, 2010, 08:07 PM
BSL to waist seems to be taking eons for me. My perspective is skewed though: I've only been on LHC and paying attention to growing since August.

editr: July, rather.

freckles
November 22nd, 2010, 05:13 AM
My hair grew from neck to nearly-BSL before I joined LHC, and I didn't even notice it happening because I wasn't really doing it 'on purpose'. Every milestone I've hit since joining LHC seems to take forever because I'm thinking about my hair so much! Starting length to BSL was quick and nice but it was only about 2". BSL to Waist seemed to drag on forever and a day even though it was less than a year. Now I'm sitting at waist, and I'm frustrated that I'm 'accidently maintaining' (trimming off split ends, but sitting at the same length I was in July) so at this rate I will actually never get to tailbone!

So, fastest, all milestones pre-LHC. Slowest, all milestones at LHC. :lol:

chrissy-b
November 22nd, 2010, 08:08 AM
BSL to waist took about two eternities.

Exactly this. From jaw to BSL my hair seemed to grow really fast. I'm not to waist yet (about an inch away) but yes, it feels like I've been hovering waist forever.

starlights
November 22nd, 2010, 08:15 AM
Apl to Bsl was really fast for me, bsl to waist took forever and ever. I am not past waist, but progressing to hip, so shall let you know in a few months if thats taking an eternity too!!

joiekimochi
November 23rd, 2010, 07:50 PM
Pixie to shoulder was really faster, shoulder to APL (the dreaded in-between state where your hair is irritating your neck, yet cannot be put up in a decent ponytail without millions of bobby pins) was forever, APL to BSL was so-so, BSL to waist was ridiculously fast (although it could be because it happened in a time when I was extremely busy and stressed to care about the length of my hair so I didn't obsess over it as much) and now I'm on my way to TBL, which seems to be taking a while.

Alix
November 23rd, 2010, 07:59 PM
Shoulder to APL flew by. I didn't even realize how short it was to start till I looked back at pictures. Putting my hair up in a pony tail without pins was a big deal though, I haven't been able to do that since I was 10. APL to BSL is taking forever. And once I get there I'm getting my hair re-layered to lay nicer, so I'll probably loose several inches.

BSL. ONE DAY.

AnnaJamila
November 23rd, 2010, 08:04 PM
Shoulders to bra strap (could someone please think of a nicer name for that?! Like upperish-middleish back?! Just so long as it doesn't mention unmentionables?!?!) was lightening quick (less than a year) but on my way to waist... Eh. But, as has been previously mentioned, this lovely website has made me a wee bit obsessive. *twitch* But I'll get there, and habibi has already begun commenting on the turn for the better my hair has made!!! Thank you soooooo much LHC and mah peeps reading who've shared their tips and tricks which suck up time and help to assuage the pain off non thigh brushing hair! ;)

lostchyld
November 23rd, 2010, 08:13 PM
It seemed to take forever for me to get from shoulder length to APL... yet APL to BSL (upper bra strap anyway) seemed to go VERY fast for me. Just wondering if certain intervals seem to take longer than others... seems to me that once I got past shoulder length things have happened more quickly. Or maybe I just became more patient! hehe

I've noticed through several cutting and growing out that the more I can put my hair up, the faster it seems to grow. In that vein, after shoulder length, provided I haven't put in too many layers, it goes really quickly. Between very short and shoulder length takes forever because it's awkward looking and there's very little you can do with it. Although, when you're trying to maintain a short hairstyle, everything is quick.

Ash
November 23rd, 2010, 08:21 PM
From bald to shoulder took forever and right now from tailbone to classic is neverending. I think I have a long butt or something. :(

christine1989
November 23rd, 2010, 08:25 PM
Shoulder to APL went SO slowly for me (I must have a long neck or something). APL to BSL took only a few months though. I'm short and my hair grows faster than average so length milestones tend to take less time. I'm hoping that going from BSL to waist won't take long. They are only about 3-4 inches apart so it shouldn't be too long :).

Akiko
November 23rd, 2010, 09:00 PM
Most painful time was between pixie and shoulder (or length I can make a ponytail) for me. That was long time ago. But I remember it was very difficult to manage and felt it was taking forever to grow.

OperaTeacherMom
November 23rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
Well mine is complicated. I don't know whether I count my hair as the length it is curly or straight! So it took FOREVER to get from chin to shoulder (pulled straight), then a bit longer to get to shoulder curly, and now that I've been shoulder curly for a bit, I realized I'm almost APL pulled straight. I think it just all takes forever when you have curls!

tinywife
November 23rd, 2010, 09:56 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one whose very short hair is taking FOREVER to reach my chin! Also, I'm growing out side bangs, so I have the much-dreaded "horns."

Finoriel
November 24th, 2010, 12:25 AM
It took a really really long time with reduced sight from pixie to being able to pull all hair back into a pony-stub.
And the second long interval was from midback to waist. Caused by being totally clueless on how to take care for long hair :p big time breakage.

rapunzhell13
November 24th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Pixie to ponytail for me, but that might just be because I've endured it so many times. :o Shoulder to APL wasn't too bad.

hanne jensen
November 24th, 2010, 03:28 AM
From neck to shoulder didn't take very long-about 4 months. I have a very short neck. From shoulder to APL didn't take very long either. But, it's taking eternity to reach BSL as I have a very long upper back and am low busted. BSL and mid-back are the same on me. After that it's downhill. There's only 10 centimeters from mid-back to waist. I have a very short waist, so waist to tailbone is only 8 centimeters. Am I wierd shaped or what?

Desideira
November 24th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Its meen to take me forever form AL to BSL. When i reach BSL my hair start to get slit ensd and I struggle with that all the time.:(

Now my hair si almost BSL. I hope that with my new hair regimen i will finally reach wais and then tailbone:cheese:

Deimos
November 24th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Bsl to waist...waiting for 1.5 year now (with a few trims in between)

Felix_D
November 24th, 2010, 04:45 AM

I dont think this is actually an interval.....but if I remember correctly, it seems like it took forever until I could finally pull all of my hair back into a ponytail and it would stay.....

(I did kinda have a mullet type thing going on at one point :o:o:o)

Pixie to shoulder was also the worst for me. Shoulder to APL flew by so fast, I didn;t even notice!

Oh good. I'm growing pixie -> shoulder, and feel like I've been stuck at "chin" forever. I'm glad to hear other people thought it was the worst too!

Qadupae
November 24th, 2010, 04:56 AM
So far, getting out of pixie was actually easy for me since I didn't have to deal with a mullet at all, but shoulder to APL is murder since I can't do any buns and I am extremely anxious to make buns ^_^

brunette
November 24th, 2010, 05:04 AM
My milestones seem to be 6" between each, they mostly took 15 months including home trimming between each milestone length, however the worst was Tailbone to Classic which took 27 months! Actually the very hardest is Classic to Fingertip, I have had some racers reach fingertip but I have also had the need to trim 3" twice because they were too unnoticeable and made the ends look thin. Trimming back to classic actually made my hair look longer but I would like to either reach fingertip or get thicker looking ends at classic :love:

looniac
November 24th, 2010, 05:13 AM
My first reaction to this was, "Whatever interval I'm in NOW!"

jenjen10
November 24th, 2010, 08:22 AM
My first reaction to this was, "Whatever interval I'm in NOW!"

LOL! That is probably the best (and most accurate!) answer... I have a feeling BSL (where I am at now) to waist is going to take an eternity for me as I am very long waisted. Oh, how I envy those with long legs and short torsos!

Rivanariko
November 24th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Waist to hip flew by for me, but that might have also been because that's where I found LHC and stopped abusing my hair, lol. Hip to TB was an eternity, and only happened when I stopped measuring and pay attention to it and followed the "put it up and ignore it" philosophy. I have a sneaking suspicion that TB to classic is going to be another of those "forever and a half" type of deals.

breezefaerie
November 24th, 2010, 09:11 AM
For me, it's been shoulder to BSL. I think I have been here for eons.

BellCat
November 24th, 2010, 09:16 AM
i think growing out bangs is the worst ever!!!! if that makes any sense lol???

xoxophelia
November 24th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Without stalls, it will be whichever is longest on you. For me it is waist to TB. If I was growing to knee I am sure it would be thigh.

Igor
November 25th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Brushing shoulders to BSL seemed to go so fast my brain couldn’t keep up! :lol: Every time I took my hair down I went “Holy ****, my hair is this long?! I thought it was only brushing my shoulders??” It was really strange!

Classic to knee has been a huge, frustrating wasteland. First of all, the length span in itself is around 1 ½ year of continuous growth. Second, there are no “landmarks”, no bones, no protrusions, nothing you and are left with approximations like “Halfway, maybe?” or “Two thirds I think“. Third, you have a really crappy view over your own progress and need mirrors or pictures to even spot it.
Thigh length = ArrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhasdfasdfasdfWTFarrrrrrrgh

:p

Ludde
November 25th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Shoulder to BSL took ages.

Druid of Alba
November 26th, 2010, 10:05 PM
For me, once it hits my shoulders, it goes fast, as I'm not paying so much attention to it, as it feels long.
Right now, it's at about my chin at the front, and near the bottom of my neck at the back. In May, I'm getting an all once lenghth cut. I'm sure that, after that, things will seem faster.

kwaniesiam
November 26th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Getting a pixie in to a pony-stub. It'll be a while for me :rolleyes:

boomtownrat
November 26th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Pixie to chin is by far the worst in my experience, having grown my hair out from a pixie at least four times as an adult (probably more). Once it's at my chin, at least I can deal with a bob. But the shag length is just awful, especially the pieces that were shaped around the ears. I have to stick the "sideburns" and those above the ear bits behind my ears because it just looks stupid if I don't. It may not actually take longer, but it feels like it because it's so agonizing.

JulietCapulet
November 27th, 2010, 12:15 AM
BSL to waist is very slow!

Bast
November 27th, 2010, 08:17 AM
APL to BSL seems to take far too long...hair just likes to hover around APL and a couple inches below.

DuckyDot
November 27th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I'm at Shoulder Length PLUS right now. I started at High Chin (Nearly Ear). Shoulder Length to APL is taking ages! But Chin - to SL was super fast - only about 3 months ?