PDA

View Full Version : interesting video

leslissocool
November 21st, 2010, 01:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu7u37BlTdU

I found this video on youtube, and I think it might be interesting for people like us who do decided to grow their hair at one point.

What do you think?

beez1717
November 21st, 2010, 05:40 AM
this is a cool video. Makes me want a bristle brush instead of the ones with the balls and the end. Yup. I think i'm getting one tomorrow.

enfys
November 21st, 2010, 06:16 AM
Remember her advice is what is good for her hair. A lot of members comb wet and don't trim for extended times. Members here blow dry, myself included.

I didn't agree with everything she said but I'm glad she found a routine that works for her.

jaine
November 21st, 2010, 09:11 AM
Her makeup is frightening!

redkdawg
November 21st, 2010, 09:17 AM
I agreed with most of what she said. However, I do comb my hair when it's damp (not wet). The biggest point is that she found a routine that works for her AND she stresses that this is what works for her.

Cheeks1206
November 21st, 2010, 09:34 AM
Remember her advice is what is good for her hair. A lot of members comb wet and don't trim for extended times. Members here blow dry, myself included.

I didn't agree with everything she said but I'm glad she found a routine that works for her.

This. I'm also glad she has a routine that works for her, but her same routine wouldn't work for many of the curlier members here (myself included). I don't own a brush and brushing my dry hair is nothing but disaster.

:run:Yeah, I found her makeup exceedingly distracting. In her video information she states it's from a tutorial request she finished recording just before this video.

pepperminttea
November 21st, 2010, 09:45 AM
I didn't watch all of it, the fairytale ends hate was a bit strong for me, though each to their own and I'm glad she's got her routine down. :)

aenflex
November 21st, 2010, 10:27 AM
You know, this girl is right on the money with a lot of her opnions. Specially about how sensitive folks can get, and their aversion to cutting :)
I'm glad you shared this. The only thing I didn't think was right was for her to call a V hemline nasty. A person's hemline is their own business :)

ooo
November 21st, 2010, 10:31 AM

there is an explanation in the video, why she wore that makeup.

I think her ideas are pretty good, but they don't apply to everyone.

kschr2004
November 21st, 2010, 11:38 AM
The only thing I didn't think was right was for her to call a V hemline nasty. A person's hemline is their own business :)

Further down in the comments she mentioned that she wasn't talking specifically about a V hemline, but more about someone with a V hemline who had inches of split ends. That said, I can see how people might get offended watching this video, for that comment and for others that she made.

lapushka
November 21st, 2010, 12:06 PM
It's about her care regimen, her routine, and about what she thinks, her personal opinion. It's not a video on how to take care of hair in general, so it doesn't bother me. Actually, she has some amazing hair!

tinti
November 21st, 2010, 12:40 PM
I remember some months back someone posted this vid on here, there was lots of discussions about her attitude. It's great that she shared what worked for her but I get a bit ... shocked when it comes to her fairytale attitude.
ETA: And I was staring at her lip liner the whole time :D

BunnyBee
November 21st, 2010, 12:55 PM
Good for her that she can wash daily and brush like that without ****ing up her hair. My hair is not so strong.

lhangel9
November 21st, 2010, 01:45 PM
I didn't watch all of it, the fairytale ends hate was a bit strong for me, though each to their own and I'm glad she's got her routine down. :)

I agree with you!

Madora
November 21st, 2010, 01:48 PM
What made me cringe was how she brushes. She just starts to brush. Maybe in her world, but to be on the safe side (and kind to my hair), I use a wide tooth comb, and detangle my hair, starting at the ends and working up to the scalp.

You save on wear and tear to your hair..and no "ripping" (shudder!) as she calls it!

MinderMutsig
November 21st, 2010, 02:10 PM
Well, she has amazing hair so her routine obviously works for her.

I must say I prefer a blunt hemline too but to each their own. I can totally understand trying to reach goal length before trimming it too.

Carolyn
November 21st, 2010, 02:18 PM
She said she primarily does make up instruction videos and she was asked about her hair. She is showing how she cares for her hair. She is not giving blanket advice on all long hair care. She is entitled to her opinion on fairytale ends too. As far as I know she is not a member here and therefore probably not schooled in KNIT. Even if she is a member here, she posted the video elsewhere and should not be held to LHC standards of niceness. We have learned to hold our tongues here at LHC and not post our real opinions on a lot of things. I'm willing to bet that there are some here who hold the same opinions as she does but do not express them on this site.

The problem I see with advice videos such as this one is that the people who are viewing it probably do not have the same hair type as she does. Heck they many not even know about hair types. What she does works for her and that's all she is saying.

Valdeon
November 21st, 2010, 03:41 PM
First of all, this lady got fantastic hair.

I don't see anything offensive in what she says whatsoever because she covered all the controversial issues in the description box:
- her make up
- her attitude towards split ends, V-shaped hemline and fairy tale ends

I also do think that her advice is extremely helpful and she is dead on with some points like people not wanting to cut their hair.

Overall, she's got the same hair type as me so I can relate to her routine a lot except for the fact that I wash my hair once every 3 days and use the hair products of my preference.

Shellby
November 21st, 2010, 04:14 PM
She is beautiful. Her hair is gorgeous. Her hair routine is just -- HERS. I enjoyed the video. Her make up is Ummm interesting. I checked out her FB page. She is very artistic. I like her. Not that I would wear my make up that way. I let the Showgirls here do that. LOL.

BlackfootHair
November 21st, 2010, 04:24 PM
I seen that video quite a while ago. I thought her hair was gorgeous!

cubedcoley
November 21st, 2010, 06:32 PM
Just my opinion, but I can't help myself.

Hair = BEAUTIFUL and GORGEOUS and I cannot come up with enough adjectives to describe it.

BUT.....

demeanor and attitude= not so beautiful or even gorgeous. :shrug:

spidermom
November 21st, 2010, 07:22 PM
Did anybody go on to view her photo-shoot? Wow -- mega-photogenic.

I didn't find any of it offensive. I didn't hear her say one thing about fairy tale ends that were healthy. She very specifically talked about nasty, dried-out, and split ends that need to be cut. I think we've all seen it and even felt it; ends needed to be cut, couldn't part with them.

She's entitled to express her opinion in her own video anyway, P.C. or not, I think. Nobody is forcing anybody to view it or take it to heart.

Dragon
November 21st, 2010, 07:55 PM
I like her hair but don't like the makeup. Her routine sure works well for her.

ddiana1979
November 21st, 2010, 09:50 PM
The content of the video was interesting. I just found her attitude & tone to be a bit condescending/harsh.

I much prefer Torrin's videos. She always makes me smile. She seems very down-to-earth & happy.

I also like Loepsie's videos. Her accent is charming & she seems very sweet.

But each to his or her own. :)

ericthegreat
November 21st, 2010, 11:43 PM
She has gorgeous hair!!! I watched her video and I didn't find anything hurtful or deliberately offensive at all. Yes, she did express her hate of dead, unhealthy split ends, but to be honest many other people, even members here on LHC also share this same opinion that she does. I don't even think she has heard of the term fairytale ends...............notice how she always describes dead split ends as ratty and pointy and nasty looking. She clearly simply holds the same mainstream opinion as many other mainstream people have about hair........that healthy, beautiful hair should have thick, blunt ends. As for her alternative looking makeup, its already been explained that she was doing another video tutorial just before doing this video.

And as for her haircare advice, we have to understand that she will clearly be sharing tips that personally work for her. She naturally has thick, straight hair so her advice would only work best for someone with a similar hairtype. I found her tips to be very hair friendly, she advocates avoiding heat styling, she actually uses a cheap conditioner, and she only detangles her hair after it has mostly air-dried..........these are all tips that many of us here also follow.

leslissocool
November 22nd, 2010, 12:44 AM
What really shocked me personally was the fact that she swears that she can spot someone who just point blank decided to grow their hair. That's :bull: in my personal opinion. From being here in the LCH I've had the pleasure to see many members who trim as regularly as she does, and started to grow it (and have it at that length too) and it's the first time on classic (example).

Other than that, she has some amazing hair genes which I deeply envy :rant: (made me want to abandon my love for layers and have a blunt cut, although I really can't rock a round face with triangle hair :( ), and I agree with the people that say she is just stunning:agape:! I saw her photo shoot pictures too.. Just unbelievable!

That routine works for her, and most of what she said is LCH friendly.

Ps. I really loved her eye makeup, but I couldn't keep my eyes off the lip liner either!

Debra83
November 22nd, 2010, 01:42 AM
Cool video!!! Wish I had her hair!!!

Octave
November 22nd, 2010, 04:43 AM
I always find hair videos interesting to watch and to see what works for others. She had some good tips, some better than others.
Oh and I love her photoshoot video. One day when my hair gets longer I want to do something similar. ♥

mrs_coffee
November 22nd, 2010, 04:58 AM
ETA: And I was staring at her lip liner the whole time :D

Me too! It's very distracting.

Chrissy
November 22nd, 2010, 06:17 AM

I watched the whole thing and I totally agree with what you said. She really went off on the fairytail end thing. Made it sound like your a total looser if you have them. I also think she is a bit full of herself.

She has beautiful hair but I hate the attitude.

Charlotte:)
November 23rd, 2010, 11:52 PM
this is a cool video. Makes me want a bristle brush instead of the ones with the balls and the end. Yup. I think i'm getting one tomorrow.

You may want to try one out (maybe borrow one from a friend?) before investing in one. I used that kind of brush my whole life until someone told me how damaging they can be. I recently bought one of those plastic brushes with the balls at the end of the bristles and my hair is already in better shape than it has been since as long as I can remember. Probably because it doesn't get caught in my hair or pull as much from my scalp :)