PDA

View Full Version : Psyllium Husk for hair

kathyblack1
November 20th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Has anyone used psyllium husk for their hair? It is said to be cleasning, but I extracted the mucilage from a tsp of the powder and it reminds me of a thick flaxseed gel, very nice feeling on my fingers(heavy snot feel,lol). I want to use it in my bentonite wash and also as a detangler. Does anyone have any experience with this herb on hair?

heynormy
November 21st, 2010, 01:40 AM
Hello there!!
Off the top of my head, I know that psyllium husk is a mild laxative agent which helps move waste through the colon. This scrubs the walls of your colon making your digestive system clean, thus leading to you being healthier overall. Of course this can help lead to hair growth after the detox period, however I have never heard of psyllium husk used directly on the hair or scalp! If you don't mind me asking, was there any particular reason why you were planning on using this product for you hair? I would assume that it might be quite messy (but then again I've used henna, so I don't think you can get messier than that!:D) I don't think that was any help, but I will definately keep an eye on this thread to see if any new info pops up!:)

kathyblack1
November 21st, 2010, 09:54 AM
Thanx heynormy,
I want to use the psyllium husk because it seems to have slip. I wanted to try mixing it into my bentonite hair wash for added detangling benefits. I have a lot of herbs that I am trying to use up because I find it wasteful, them just sitting here, lol. Senna/cassia is used as a laxative as well so I was hoping psyllium husk powder would have beneficial hair use like senna/cassia.

kathyblack1
November 21st, 2010, 07:34 PM
UPDATE:
I used my psyllium husk. I put in my bentonite clay wash mixture and also in my homemade natural detangler. I loved it, it added that much more slip and as a detangler it work just as well as conditioner.

heynormy
November 24th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Good to hear!!! Now I know another use for psyllium husk!! :)