PDA

View Full Version : Best hair length??

FarmGirl
November 20th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Heyya everyone,

I'm new to LHC. I'm naturally a curious person and therefore thought I'd ask a question for ya'll :p

So, here it is. What is (in yer opinion, of course) the best hair length on women? Or I guess on men, too :D

Obviously, everyone will reach a terminal length sooner or later, but like I said, I'm curious :)

Laila23
November 20th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Between waist and classic.

May
November 20th, 2010, 01:21 PM
BSL to waist. Not much longer for me personally.

Mairéad
November 20th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I think anywhere between BSL and waist in universally flattering and anything above of below that length is about preference. I think anyone can look good with long hair but it depends on how willing the person is to take care of it.

autumnchild
November 20th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Howdy :waving::waving:

I am pretty short right now (to me atleast) right past shoulder length. I really love it when i see people with the length between bsl and waist. That is my favorite :joy::cloud9:.
woo hoo !!!

CrisDee
November 20th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I think everybody will have vastly differing ideas. You can get a good idea of what most people think is the "best" length simply by looking at their avatar info by any post - I'm sure most people's goal length is what they think of as the "best" length. Although many people will alter their goals and opinions as they reach certain lengths. I was reading a thread the other day where someone asked about certain hair lengths making you look heavier depending on your body type. I realized that my goal of waist may not be the most flattering length on me, as I have large saddlebags on my hips which waist length hair would accentuate. People who don't have that problem would look fine in waist length hair (as could I if I lost weight!). So answers to your question will be very varied, as it's a very subjective issue. :)

slz
November 20th, 2010, 01:34 PM
For me, ankle - the longest possible but still wearable loose without stepping on it at every step :D .

ddiana1979
November 20th, 2010, 01:45 PM
For me, I think I'm looking towards a goal of waist or classic. My hair's been at waist before, so I know that looks fine on me. I'm interested to see how classic would look. Dare to dream. :)

Magicknthenight
November 20th, 2010, 01:47 PM
For me, ankle - the longest possible but still wearable loose without stepping on it at every step :D .
Ditto. I've become very greedy when it comes to length:D. I like it as long as it can possibly get. Other lengths are very pretty as well and i think some people look better with short hair and visa versa. I personally am aiming for classic here pretty soon. Then maybe knee after that. I guess we'll see. Its so much easier to have smaller goals along the way to make you happy instead of 1 big goal that takes forever. However like CrisDee said...everyone's opinion will be different.
Sometimes someones hair is really beautiful at BSL. The next person might look better with it at hip. Depends on the person really.

Nae
November 20th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I best length is the length the wearer likes best. My best length is WAY different than some of my friends, who love super short, and look good with super short. Right now I am shooting for tailbone or classic. When I joined these boards I was only interested in waist. It is an evolving thing. Who knows, I may be on board with slz and want ankle length before it is all said and done!

princessp
November 20th, 2010, 01:52 PM
I think everyone has a different length that looks good on them so it varies person to person.

Octave
November 20th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Well I think that the length of hair that looks best on people varies. There's loads of people who can make classic and longer hair look wonderful and quite fairytale like.
Personally I don't think I could manage to have hair that long(but as they say: never say never). My current goal is to have waist length hair as I've never ever had that long hair before and I think it looks very flattering. Who knows, once I reach my goal I might stay there or even try to reach hip just for fun. :)
As for men, the same thing applies. There's so many men who look really handsome in BSL+ hair *swoon* ...too bad it's such a rare sight where I live. :eyebrows:

may1em
November 20th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I'm at hip right now. I think I'd like to grow to tailbone to see if I like it. However, it's harder to brush or comb out now than it was at waist, so I might cut back someday. It might turn out that just below waist is my personal best length.

Or, I might cut to waist, grow to tailbone, repeat!

FrannyG
November 20th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I think the best length is the length that makes a person feel the most beautiful, whatever length that may be.

My goal is tailbone, because that's about the longest that I realistically think I can achieve, but I won't know until I get there as to what length I will feel the best with.

Eireann
November 20th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Of course, you'll get as many different opinions as there are different people. My personal opinion is somewhere around hip to tailbone with a thick even hemline is nice. I'm right around hip now, but nowhere near the thick even hemline.

maus
November 20th, 2010, 02:43 PM
In general, of course every person is different, and different length suit different people. I prefer BSL to waist on most people (and on me, hopefully within the next 6 months :knit:).

pepperminttea
November 20th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Super-short pixie for practicality, tailbone for love of length and practicality, and fingertip for the sheer, jaw-dropping awe of it.

prettyhairisred
November 20th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Personaly, my best length is bsl. I color treat my hair, and any longer would look dry. Its how healthy your hair is. Some people look gorgeous with classic hair, other horrible.

daaisychains
November 20th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Personal opinion somewhere just after waist but before hip.

It's my dream hair since before LHC i hovered around BSL since forever.. finally creeping towards waist. Woo hoo. :cheese:

enfys
November 20th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the forum!

My favourite length on me is past tailbone. Anything above that feels too short.
My favourite length on my man is between 1/4-3/4". Anything longer than that takes more styling than he cares to do :p

The best length on anyone is the one that suits their style, personality and lifestyle and I hope everyone can have that length :flower:

Nobody
November 20th, 2010, 03:53 PM

My thoughts exactly! And for times when it would be put up, imagine all the cool styling one could do that no one else could!

jane53
November 20th, 2010, 04:04 PM
(Hmmmm. Wonders if she should get her hip-length, U-shaped hemline cut to a straight-across hemline....???)

chelseamichelle
November 20th, 2010, 04:16 PM
It really depends on the person, I personally wouldn't look good with hair past tailbone, but I have a friend who's classic length hair looks amazing on her.

I can't say there is one length thats best for everyone, it doesn't exist.

As far as my favourite length, well anything past waist will do.

Akiko
November 20th, 2010, 04:27 PM
If she wants to wear it down, somewhere between BSL and waist. Wearing waist length or longer hair down is really problematic. Causes lots of tangles. So for practical reasons also, I think it's best to keep not too long. I personally don't like overwhelming hair cascading down too much.

But if she is going to wear up most of the time, the length really does not matter. Just a bun gets larger, which I love.

Eire
November 20th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I think hip is a really nice length. Or rather, U-shaped with the longest tip area brushing hip. Think Eoywn-length.

redneckprincess
November 20th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I have had pixie-APL my whole life so I have to say...I notice people more between BSL and Classic, don't notice much past that around here. I'm personally shooting for somewhere inbetween

Tia2010
November 20th, 2010, 08:32 PM
For me it would be hip to tailbone . I think I will finally feel like I have long hair then :D I love the look of classic ( or longer) on others but realistically I couldn't see myself with it.

<3OnHerSleeve
November 20th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I love anywhere between waist and classic. this should be a poll!!!

Laylah
November 20th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I think that BSL and tailbone are "one-size fit all", in that everyone looks good in them. Personally I think that tailbone and thigh look best on me.

Loreley
November 21st, 2010, 12:20 AM
For me it's thigh length. :)

JulietCapulet
November 21st, 2010, 12:49 AM
Anywhere near waist!

BeachBabe91
November 21st, 2010, 05:49 AM
To clear this up, Classic Length is the bottom of your butt, right??
I think waist is the best length.

Fethenwen
November 21st, 2010, 06:18 AM
I'm not so sure anymore about this after last time I got a haircut, I do seem to look better with not too long and straight hair. But I'm not really aiming for a chick classy look anyway, I like to do things my own way, so I'm aiming for at least waist. Maybe I'm able to keep my hair layered a bit so I can keep it down even if it's that long.

I like seeing extremely long hair on other people :D I love the way it goes against mainstream fashion and really makes a statement. And really long healthy hair is just plain lovely!

Igor
November 21st, 2010, 07:00 AM
I loved fingertip length. It made it possible for someone with my thick hair to do all the cool updos I wanted to and it was easy to maintain. Below fingertip length is a (surprisingly) lot more work
:shrug:

Xan
November 21st, 2010, 08:46 AM
My thoughts exactly! And for times when it would be put up, imagine all the cool styling one could do that no one else could!

Same here I would love it,

Avital88
November 21st, 2010, 08:51 AM
Between waist and hip,

Feng-Shui
November 21st, 2010, 09:11 AM
I loved fingertip length. It made it possible for someone with my thick hair to do all the cool updos I wanted to and it was easy to maintain. Below fingertip length is a (surprisingly) lot more work
:shrug:

I agrees with you Igor.:flower:

My experiences the same.

I leaves my hair too knee length now grows and then I decides whether I remains there or back cuts to fingertip length.:shrug:

BellCat
November 24th, 2010, 09:58 AM
waist to hips!!!

jenjen10
November 24th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Personally, my goal is waist to hip length because it is considered "long" and not commonly seen but is still functional.

I think I am also a little biased as I grew up in a very religious background (which I no longer am a part of) and you weren't supposed to cut your hair at all so I tend to associate REALLY long hair (tailbone and beyond) with that... my own personal issue I suppose as I have seen really beautiful, awe inspiring hair that length (and longer) on here.

principessa1984
February 13th, 2011, 01:35 AM
I'd say between mid back and waist. Kind of the Victoria's-Secret-model hair length LOL. I think that's universally flattering

Mesmerise
February 13th, 2011, 01:57 AM
I like waist to hip ;)

However, I have seen gorgeous hair that's much longer, and I've also seen gorgeous hair that's much shorter!

Fufu
February 13th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Solid BSL to Tailbone :)

I will love to see my hair hit BSL solid and Mid Back soon.

BeachBabe91
February 13th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Waist for me.

Anywhere
February 13th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Real TBL would look awesome on me, I hope.

As for other people I dont know. it varies. I've seen people who look great with short hair and awful with long hair, and vice versa.

Kherome
February 13th, 2011, 08:29 AM
My answer is "it depends." It depends on the hair's health. I confess to being a tad:o judgemental towards people with long yucky hair. We have all seen it, the lady at the store with the WL to CL hair that looks like she uses it to mop the kitchen floor...To me, that's awful, unattractive, and needs to be cut off to a healthier spot and regrown with more care. (Note I said ME, bold/underlined. Just IMO) ETA: I am very much a health over length person. While I want length badly, I only want it if it's healthy. My hair would probably be at my knees right now if I didn't trim so much.

So that said, my preferrence is anywhere between waist and knee, IF it's healthy. I'd say my favorite length, for ease of care and looks is probably classic/midthigh.

CarpeDM
February 14th, 2011, 06:56 PM
BSL to waist...

MrsGuther
February 14th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Personally, on myself my favorite length so far has been slightly past waist length. I think TBL and Classic length are amazing on all women too!!!

utdesertrunner
February 14th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I'm sure we're all different, but I think my most flattering length will probably be around waist to tailbone. But I am curious to see how long I can grow my hair.

Malibu Barbie
February 15th, 2011, 02:06 AM
My favorite is tailbone to classic. Whatever a person is most comfortable with, is the best.

Othala
February 15th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Personally, ankle length hair is the perfect length. Anything extra is a bonus, anything less is not enough.

Ashenputtel
February 15th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Like it has been said before the lenght doesn't really matter, as long as it's healthy. I'm really not a big fan of fairy tale ends. I'd rather keep my hair healthy at APL than having unhealthy WL.

That being said, my ultimate Goal would me close to WL with multiple trims to get there and keep my hair healthy.

LocustSpawning
February 15th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Tailbone, for me.

NouvelleNymphe2
February 15th, 2011, 09:20 AM
As long as the hair and hemline are healthy, even, and shiny I think all the way to knee is absolutely gorgeous. Personally, I'm still a shortie so that makes BSL sound wonderful, although I would be so frickin happy with my fine hair at waist!!:cheese:

Cupofmilk
February 15th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I think hair can look amazing at any length. I love all types of ends - fairytale to blunt. When the person is confident with their hair it makes it look even greater.

Nago
February 15th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I like waist, and for men, short.

Orange Queen
February 15th, 2011, 10:08 AM
On other people as long as the hair is healthy and well taken care of any length goes.
For me the best length would be BSL, anything longer than that and my hair looks scraggly. Aaaah, the joy of having baby fine hair.
On men I prefer hairstyles on the shorter side.

Pyvsi
February 15th, 2011, 12:12 PM
In my opinion, WL hair is the perfect complement to a woman with a significant, well defined waist-to-hip ratio. That's part of the reason I want to eventually maintain waist length - one of these decades!