PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love those legwarmers - sock bun style

artiste
November 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Hi all!
I've always loved the look of a fully rolled sock bun. So elegant and practical and holds like a rock in my fine, straight, just past bsl, hair.
The only problem I had with it was, as with many hairstyles on me, I just didn't think that it was big enough. lol. ( I think I just like the look of big updos because its so different from my everyday hair, ya know?)
So I was playing around the other night, and came up with an idea. I did a sock bun..... but I used... a leg warmer! Thats right, a leg warmer. I didn't really think that it would work. But it definitely did! (had to be fully rolled though, as this was the only way my hair would cover the whole thing)
So in the end, I got the big, beautiful, practical bun of my dreams. haha:cheese:

Dreams_in_Pink
November 20th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hmm. If that's the case, you can stitch two legwarmers together to make an even bigger sock bun!!

Svenja
November 20th, 2010, 11:36 AM
That's how I have done mine all the way. It's great! :cheese:

jaine
November 20th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Pictures please!! :)
I wonder how long my hair would need to be to get a good-sized sock bun...I tried with a few scrunchies as the sock, and mine was about half the size of my fist.

PineappleJello
November 20th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Hmm. If that's the case, you can stitch two legwarmers together to make an even bigger sock bun!!

Instead of stitching them together would you be able to put one inside the other to achieve the same effect?

luxepiggy
November 20th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I use the sleeve cut off an old sweater to make mine (^(oo)^)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6020&pictureid=84473