PDA

View Full Version : APHOGEE 2 step or keratin 2 minute... ??

Tia2010
November 19th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I am thinking about doing a protein treatment on my hair . I'm not sure how much (if any) protein my hair needs . I tried the strand test but it seemed both stretchy and then would break ...so I'm not really sure. I do get my hair colored darker , but I have never had a real protein treatment , although my shampoo /conditioner ( Giovanni) do contain protein .. So I thought I may give it a try and see how my hair reacts.

But I had a few questions...... I went out and bought Aphogee two step protein treatment and Aphogee keratin 2 minute reconstructor.The girl in the store said they were both good but didn't offer up any details.

I did a search here and was reading that Aphogee two step protein treatment is a serious protein treatment and I'm wondering if that may be to strong for my hair ? Should I start with the 2 minute reconstructer ( which I'm assuming is a protein treatment , right?) instead?

My hair seems healthy for the most part but I do get breakage every so often and the ends look dryer than the rest sometimes. So in your opinion would the lighter protein be better to start? I don't want to overload or damage my hair.

I just have never done a treatment so I'm at a loss as to what I should do to not damage my hair. I also plan on following whatever treatment I do with an SMT.

any advice ?

aenflex
November 19th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I've used it on my blonde streak without detriment - it also left my hair very soft. You should be good to go :) My hair hates protein and it still reacted pretty well.

Tia2010
November 19th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Well I decided to go with the 2 minute reconstructor instead of the 2 step treatment since it was my first time around . I wasn't sure how much ( if any ?) protein my hair needed , so I figured I would start slow :)

I washed my hair ,did the protein treatment, and followed that with an SMT ( with conditioner , molasses , aloe) for almost two hours. I just rinsed it out and am anxiously waiting for it to dry so I can see if it helped , hurt , or did nothing at all :D

This also my first time using aloe on my hair ....so *fingers crossed for good results ! * :pray:

curlymarcia
November 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
I tried the keratin 2 min reconstructor, and I liked it! It works well on my fine curly hair. Never tried the other one.

Tia2010
November 22nd, 2010, 02:11 PM
I did the treatment a few days ago and my hair did feel thicker and looked a little better after I was done the protein and SMT, but after it dried it did feel a little dry ...

I think the protein helped because my hair felt good after I washed and did the protein treatment before I even did the SMT. It felt thicker ( like after I get it colored) and fuller somehow. but after the SMT using aloe ( and air drying) it felt a bit dry....My hair may just not like aloe. I'm not sure yet.

From now on I will just try one new thing at a time so I can see what each product does to my hair. ...BUt I feel the protein was good...the verdict is still out on aloe which I will try at a later time.

All in all the 2 minute reconstructer did seem to make my hair feel nice.