PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever used...?

IStand4u
November 19th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hey everyone! I just got 2 jars of hair stuff from my mom. She went to the city yesterday and found 2 new hair products for me to try that I haven't even heard of from Wal-Mart!

The first one is by AFRICAN GOLD called "Super rich formula coconut oil hair conditioner". You are supposed to massage a small amount of this into your hair and scalp and repeat everyday for great results.
Ingredients: Petrolatum, coconut oil, fragrance of coconut. It's in a 12oz jar (340g).

The next thing she picked up for me was Hollywood Beauty Super Gro in maximum strength. You use daily on your hair and scalp and the visible herbs melt into your hair to soften and repair split ends. Ingredients: Petrolatum, soybean oil, castor oil, sweet almond oil, sunflower oil, olive oil, lanolin, hollywood herbal complex (alfalfa, black walnut, burdock root, chamomile, cherry bark, comfrey, henna, golden seal, henna, hyssop, sage, sheep sorrel, slippery elm, wheat germ, yarrow), retinyl acetate (vitmanin a acetate), ergocalciferol (vitamin D2), Tocopherol (vitamin E). This is an 11oz jar (312g).

Has anyone ever used them or will I be one of the first?

Oh, and what have they done for you?!

aenflex
November 19th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Pertolatum is essentially vaseline, and I cannot imagine how that would be good for anything other than protecting the scalp/skin from irritation, burns and dye stains.
Sorry :(

IStand4u
November 19th, 2010, 05:22 PM
That's what I was thinking it was but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

GRU
November 20th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I can't even begin to count the number of products I got excited about, only to read the ingredients and find petrolatum and/or mineral oil in them. :angry:

CaityBear
November 20th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I can't even begin to count the number of products I got excited about, only to read the ingredients and find petrolatum and/or mineral oil in them.

YUP! It sucks. I've found so many that they sound so interesting and I really want to try them...but the ingredient list just ruins it. lol