PDA

View Full Version : does your comb make a difference

share801
November 19th, 2010, 01:59 AM
I am just wondering if my comb could be causing my current hair dissatisfaction. Its smooth and I'm not worried about breakage, but does type of comb really matter to the finished look of your hair?

It has sort of a double row of offset teeth - probably meant to detangle or volumize or something of that nature. Couldn't find an example online to show you all.

What is your favorite (under $10) comb? Would brushing make a difference? I might want to go shopping tomorrow if I have some recommendations. . .

Dreams_in_Pink
November 19th, 2010, 02:36 AM
For fine hair, it should make a huge difference, especially in static. Plastic combs create static as you comb your hair, making fine hair poofy. They also have seams around the bristles which, in long term, can damage the outside layer of strands.

One widely used wooden comb is the body shop one, which was quite cheap :)
http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/hair-brush/prod6270013

Amoretti
November 19th, 2010, 02:45 AM
I think that as long as it's wide toothed it works for me.

It doesn't matter if it's plastic or not. I grew my hair to mid-thigh combing it with a wide toothed Afro-type plastic comb I got as a freebie in a magazine over 20 years ago. LOL. My hair was in great condition and light oiling got rid of any static.