PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a naturally receding hairline?

yotaka
November 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM
My boyfriend has had a naturally receding hairline since his early teens (he's only 25) and though I love him as he is, I know he would feel more self confident if he was able to fill in the missing hair a little bit and he would appreciate advice.

Any tips on what can thicken thinning hair as well as help stimulate hair growth in areas that stopped growing?

CurlyTresses
November 19th, 2010, 08:37 PM
I'm not an expert on this and these are just tidbits I've read, so please research first to see which one or which way might work best for him. Have read castor oil is supposed to help with hair growth and thickening hair. Scalp massages mixing castor oil, a carrier oil with Jojoba, Rosemary or Peppermint oil. Also the Indian hair herbs like Shikakai, Amla, etc. are known to be good for our scalp. Have read it makes the scalp roots of hair stronger.

They also have vitamins for hair; biotin is supposed to be good. Vitamin B5 also is said to help thicken the hair shaft. MSM is good for retaining the hair's life cycle (hope I worded that correctly). GNC has a hair vitamin, Ultranourishair that I've read good reviews about. And nutrition intake is also important. Eating lots of green veggies, fruits and eating lots of protein also helps.

Along with as little stress as possible. Hope this helps. :)

aenflex
November 20th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Heck were I that concerned about losing my hair, ( and I probably would/will be), I would go for the hard stuff like Propecia or Rogaine or something. Not that the other stuff wouldn't work just as well, frankly I don't know, but I do know that the 'drugs' have been 'proven' to work, so I would try those first were it me. I hate to say that because with everything else in my life I stay far, far away from drugs and despise Big Pharma. But when it comes to my hairline almost anything would go...