PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY got my hair trim - here are the results!!:)

Lisa R
November 18th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Hi All,

Well about a week ago I posted a thread called "Arrrg - I'm resiting cutting my hair" or something like that!! I got some great feedback from everyone who posted in regards to helping me making a decision about whether or not to trim my hair. In the end I decided a small trim would really be beneficial for my hair and my sanity!

My husband and I live in a small town which doesn't have a hair dresser so I had to wait for a week before we could go to a bigger place and get my hair trim done. I had memorised exactly what I wanted to tell the hairdresser. I also had a photo of my hair to take along and point out what I wanted done to it.

Basically my hair is fine and on the thinish side. I have been growing out layers. I had a pixie type hair cut at the beginning of last year. You can actually see my hair journey in photos in my public album if you like. I only started actively growing my hair from the beginning of this year.

I really am glad I got a hair trim. It evened up my hair and makes it feel and look so much better. Well, to my eyes anyway! I had a great hairdresser... I knew she might take off more than what I asked for so I asked for 1/2 inch off instead of saying 1 inch. She took about 1 inch off and I'm really really happy with the results. I have heaps of regrowth happening under my top layer of hair. I had a precious baby boy this year and did some major shedding after having him. I have lots of hair around 2-3inches in length. Thank goodness most of those hairs you can't see cause they are hidden. They will take a while to catch up with the rest!

Well enough words! Here are the results:)

This pic was taken last week after I blow dried it straight. Yep, I know! I blow dry occasionally to see its real length. I have a kink in my hair that can make it look about an inch shorter!
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/dandlroberts/Nov20107-1.jpg

This next pic is after my trim! It has a pony tail kink in it:)
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/dandlroberts/TriminNov20101.jpg

Thanks for all the great advice and encouragement!

aenflex
November 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Oooh - it's looking good! Getting closer to all one length too, and not too far from BSL. Good for you.

akuamoonmaui
November 18th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Very nice! No need to have worried!!

whiteisle
November 18th, 2010, 06:47 PM
I think you made a good decision. Your results are lovely. :)

Valdeon
November 18th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Wow, that looks really, really good! :cheese: Such a difference! You must be over the moon! I know I would :D

terrylillyd
November 18th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Very nice! Your hair is looking beautiful!

spidermom
November 18th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Darn those ponytail kinks anyway! But you got a good result, and the difference in length is barely noticeable because the bottom inch was so uneven. I'll bet inch-long hairs came off in some places and 1/4-inch hairs in others.

Tatybird
November 18th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Right decision! It looks nice and shiny now:)

Garnet66
November 18th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I think your hair is really prettty, it's so shiny. I'm glad that you feel better about your hair. It's pretty amazing what a little trim can do.

Lisa R
November 18th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Awww, thank you for the lovely comments!

I do love my hair trim and how it has made my hair feel and look and I am really enjoying my hair now. I don't think I will be waiting nearly a year before the next trim! I have decided I would like to get my hair trimmed (like just 1/2 to 1 inch) every 5-6months.

I'm just pleased cause for the first time ever, I think, that I wasn't disappointed with how much that was taken off. It was just perfect! I know in the past when I was growing my hair and I would go for a trim and too much would be taken off and I would leave the salon feeling a bit sad cause of that.

Well, definitely not this time thankgoodness!!:)

Loreley
November 18th, 2010, 11:40 PM
It looks pretty! Your hemline is much more even! :)

Dragon
November 19th, 2010, 12:20 AM
It looks good. I am glad your are happy with the results.

FrannyG
November 19th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Oh Linda, your hemline looks gorgeous! You made a really good decision and I'm sure that it will make the growth journey so much more pleasant.

I'm so happy that you found a hairstylist who gave you what you wanted. Even with the pony kink, your hair doesn't appear much shorter at all, but the difference is HUGE! Lovely. :blossom:

Lisa R
November 19th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Oh Linda, your hemline looks gorgeous! You made a really good decision and I'm sure that it will make the growth journey so much more pleasant.

I'm so happy that you found a hairstylist who gave you what you wanted. Even with the pony kink, your hair doesn't appear much shorter at all, but the difference is HUGE! Lovely. :blossom:

Thank you FrannyG!! I'm so glad I did get it done. It makes a world of difference!!:)

LocustSpawning
November 19th, 2010, 02:46 AM
You definitely made the right decision :) it looks lovely.

Avital88
November 19th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Great job!! your ends look healthy! now im considering one too haha

Dreamkitty
November 19th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Your hair looks fantastic, shiny & healthy with the trim, the hemline is also very even.:) Good decision.

CrisDee
November 19th, 2010, 06:04 AM
I am a fan of even hemlines, so I really like your results! :crush: Plus you can still put your hair up, even after the trim - so I'm envious as well! :)

CarpeDM
November 20th, 2010, 09:55 AM
WOW that is great, I'm so gald you went for the trim and you didn't lose any length either!!

FarmGirl
November 20th, 2010, 01:29 PM
It looks nice... darn those ponytail kinks though :p

may1em
November 20th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Nice! Small trims really can make a big difference.

Alvrodul
November 20th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Excellent results! Your hair looks lovely. :)

maus
November 20th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Wow, looks great, and not even that much shorter! Great decision, good for you!

chelseamichelle
November 20th, 2010, 03:06 PM
That really does look great! Good choice

Lisa R
November 20th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Thank you once again for the lovely comments.

It is really nice to just enjoy my hair now. I was disliking it so much and even having it up and out of the way wasn't taking my mind off how I didn't like how it was feeling or looking. I'm really enjoying the feel and look of my hair. I'm still surprised how just a good trim can make my hair feel.

I love having a straight hem line as well. I didn't think I would be able to achieve that but it is exciting that I have one. The rest of the layers don't look so short now. I'm just one happy camper!!!