PDA

View Full Version : Curly Growth Tips or Advice.

KellyGormley
November 18th, 2010, 05:41 PM
My hair seems to hate me, It was getting so much better then I ran out of my good conditioner and nothing else seems to work, however that conditioner I got on sale and its far to expensive for me at the moment. Anyway my hair is not really growing much at all, Its been about the same exact length since June/July, i have seen no change in pictures or anything so I was wondering if anyone had any tips for curly hair growth.:)
Also I've noticed someday's my hair will dry very curly, some days it dry's curly/wavy, someday's its just got a few waves. Temper-mental hair much ?

akuamoonmaui
November 18th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Ugh, I hear you! Did you save the bottle? Maybe you can find a generic version with the same ingredients.

My hair varies on curl and dryness, too. I just keep feeding it coconut oil - kinda like "Audrey" in Little Shop of Horrors......

KellyGormley
November 18th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Ok i'm not allowed to edit my posts yet, which is kind of a bit annoying because I'm a big go back and fix it person all well so I figured out how to upload a picture so here it is.
Sorry about the bad quality, and my hairs a disaster it had been up for two days right before that picture.

KellyGormley
November 18th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Ok It didn't work.
Sorry about that im a bit challenged =]
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/xxNarutoxninjaxx/Snapshot_20101118_10.jpg

akuamoonmaui
November 18th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Are you sure its the same length as in summer? Maybe tug on it, sometimes the curls like to fool ya. Any trims??

Your hair looks very pretty, though! The ends look good, and there seems to be some nice shine....

I'd find that conditioner ASAP though! I have my fav, too. Nothing else seems to really keep it happy. :doh:

KellyGormley
November 18th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah it really seems to be about the same length. Who knows my hair has a mind of its own, when I was little it was blonde and curly, then when i got to elementary school my hair was pin straight and dark brown. Then it got wavy and blonde again. This was all before id ever touched a straightener or hair dye. Now its curly again, but the colors been dyed, however my roots are coming in a weird ash brown color now. Who knows im going back to red, best color for my hair. Like i said my hair has a mind of its own, and im in desperate need of a haircut (however whenever i cut it my hair falls straight for at least a week after )

KellyGormley
November 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM
It used to grow like a weed, my hair in 6th grade was maybe just about to my shoulders and about 5 months later it was about mid back length.

darkwaves
November 18th, 2010, 08:27 PM
There is a curly-wurly thread on this forum with lots of ideas and discussion about growing curly hair long.

Good luck finding what works for you.

GRU
November 18th, 2010, 09:24 PM
My hair only grows a couple inches a year (thank you, metabolic hormone disorder :rolleyes:).

The best things I can recommend for growing lengthy curls (at least, this is what works for me):

Do not brush -- detangle only in the shower when coated with conditioner
CO-wash
Leave in regular conditioner for extra moisture, protection, and detangling
SMT, oiling, deep treatments, etc.
Don't trim/cut -- just S&D the ickies off the ends only as needed
Put hair up (or braid) at night to reduce morning tangles
Try to develop the patience of Job -- you'll need it!

Nicolesid1
November 18th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I have been using the One'n'only Keratin treatment from Sally's it is like $8 and makes me curls look amazing. I use Dove severe damage shampoo and daily treatment (not the "matching" conditioner). It seems to be helping a lot. Also I have been using Shea butter and Blue magic "coconut oil." The blue magic is mostly petrolium but it seems to help. I use all of this once a week and the Keratin once a month or so.

As for the not growing I thought the same thing. I still feel my hair is as short as a year ago but my boyfriend told me no I am nuts. You might want to ask someone else what they think that saw your hair over the summer. Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!