PDA

View Full Version : Newbies or not-How 'old' do you have to be to be considered a true LHC-er?

mali
November 18th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Newbies or not-How 'old' do you have to be to be considered a true LHC-er?

2 months,3,6,2 years...What do you think?

Maddy25
November 18th, 2010, 10:46 AM
As long as you're passionate about hair and treat the community with respect I'd say as soon as you join! We are a very welcoming community :)

BrightEyes7
November 18th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Well I think it is more about posts not a certain time limit. Like 100 posts.

But then again I still kinda feel like a newbie!

But I agree with Maddy... as long as your kind and respectful and give your insight about hair!

aenflex
November 18th, 2010, 10:54 AM
I look at posts rather than length of membership, althout I'm sure it doesn't really matter how long or short or how many posts. It's the quality of the experience.

slz
November 18th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Well I think it is more about posts not a certain time limit. Like 100 posts.
I would not agree about the number of posts thing - you have some noobs who litterally flood the forum with more or less pertinent and intelligent posts for a few months, then seem to lose interest and never be seen again ever after. On the other end of the spectrum, some members for years have quite a low postcount and I'm sure must feel like a part of the community, at least I feel they are anyway.
It's more about quality posting, not about being an attention wh*re who goes on "me ! ME!" relentlessly until they find a shinier toy.

feralnature
November 18th, 2010, 11:56 AM
It's more about quality posting, not about being an attention wh*re who goes on "me ! ME!" relentlessly until they find a shinier toy.

I could not agree more. Also, you can't join a forum such as LHC and just *take*. You have to be willing to *give back* as well. Education and support and friendship are all two way streets. :)

Calaelen
November 18th, 2010, 12:00 PM
well, you have to have 25 posts to achieve member status>Then, you're an LHCer.
Once a person has that Member title under their name they're a member to me.

I am relatively new, but I am logged into this site, and actually sitting in front of the screen for about 5 hours a day, if that doesn't make me a true member, I don't know what does.

I don't see myself, or OP, or people who have been a member since 2005 but only have 56 posts, as being any less important than say, the posters who have 19000 posts. Look at Aenflex for example, she's been here 5 months less than I have, and she has more than double the posts I do. Is she a more true LHCer than I?

I think it really is about passion, and quality, rather than time here, or number of posts. However, I am sure you'd find some members with 20 000 posts who think we're all noobs...lol.

ETA: When I say quality, I don't mean grammar, and impressing everyone with knowledge, and or/big words, I just mean that the posts follow KNIT, and the overall feeling of the community. We have over 30 000 members, and we all manage to get along somehow that's pretty impressive.

Bianca
November 18th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I dont have that many posts, but been a member here for 2 years and I check in everyday - several times. If this was a danish site, i'm sure I would have a lot more posts though. It's just a little easier too express yourself in your own language.
So for me number of posts dont matter.

Dont know when you are considered a true LCH-er. What does that imply exactly ?! :D

You could be a member here for years and only lurk, or you can write 100 posts a day and know as much about hair as the lurker. So I dont know :rolleyes:

But I guess the active one is the "true" LCH-er, because if everyone only lurked, this forum would be pretty lame :D

Eireann
November 18th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I'm kind of surprised at the tone of some of these replies. It reminds me of being shut out of the cool kids in middle school. I come here when I want info on hair care, or just to be in the virtual company of people who value long hair. I post when a topic interests me. I give advice when I feel I have helpful information. I might go months when I don't check in and then periods (like now) when I check in more frequently. It never occured to me to wonder whether I'm a "real" LHCer. I certainly hope I'm not an attention wh*re who goes on me! me! until I find a shinier toy. :shrug:

Juneii
November 18th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I think it's more of being recognized and accepted as a long term member of the forum, not just the post count. Since this is the Long Hair Community it's the friendships and connection you make with others on here (either it's complimenting their hair or having meaningful discussions) that makes you an LHC'er. :)

Igor
November 18th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I don’t think that can be measured in time. Or in inches for that matter. Or in post counts.

What matters is what you have to say: Well thought through input, new ideas, a cool story or styling ideas, you name it.

In my book it makes you a “true” LHC’er (Even though I don’t really like that definition) when you have something to say, a purpose with your posts and you being on the board instead of just post count-bumping or restarting the same tired old topic that has been discussed over and over.

pepperminttea
November 18th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I don't think there's a single way to be a "true LHC-er." If I saw someone out and about with a ficcare holding a big, beautiful cinnabun, I would admittedly think "LHC alert, LHC alert!" (because, well, I'm a nerd :p ), but you could learn about styles and hairtoys and things without ever posting once if you wanted to. I'm all for some enthusiastic lurking. :)

sophiamarie
November 18th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I too have wondered when one becomes a true LHC-er. I was hesitant in the beginning to even post, and I have started very few new threads. But I truly admire all the members on this forum and would like to "belong". I wondered if it was wrong that I have not "friended" (is that the correct term) members here. But I am coming out of a very serious stalker problem, and have learned the hard way to guard my identity to protect myself and my husband. I hope this has not offended anyone as I hope to become a true long hair like many of you.

slz
November 18th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I certainly hope I'm not an attention wh*re who goes on me! me! until I find a shinier toy. :shrug:
Really I don't see why you'd wonder - those types usually move on pretty quick towards new adventures and hopefully a better audience. There are some on every forum, I am an admin of a small forum and even we get some regularly, it's posting diarrhea (the "thread started by" tool is quite telling) as soon as they arrive which fades pretty quickly to nothing.

May
November 18th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I think it's when you think you are. I mean everyone is going to have their own 'rules'. I don't think being a "true LHC'r" should be based on...

posts? what if you just don't have tons to say? I see repetitive, redundant posts all the time so what if you don't want to sound repetitive on here? Many threads are repetitive or reworded as well.

quality of posts? What if I just don't have the ability to articulate that well? Some people have a hard time saying what they're thinking and I don't think they're any less a "true member".

time here? That would meant the earlier one joins the more of a member you are and there's no hope for newcomers lol

I think it's your own perspective. If you believe yourself to be a true member then you are. If you are only once in a while...maybe you only check in every few months...well you're still a member! Just one who isn't on the forums all that much :) I think it's really that simple. And if you're here everyday, have tons of posts but don't consider yourself a true member, then, I suppose, you're not. :cheese:

CrystalStar
November 18th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Hahah I think it's the moment you realise you safeguard your hair like it's a precious treasure!

Ona serious note I think there are different kind of members, those who are happy to read the tips and join in occasionally and those who have a big presence on the forum :)

autumnchild
November 18th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks to all that say " it is not how long or how many posts you have" I am very new here and i feel like this is a support/ knowledge/ "helpful hints"/ trade secrets system. I feel kinda weird after that was said because we all have to start somewhere/sometime I may not have all the knowledge that the more "expierenced" LHC' ers have but I am willing to contribute what I can, and hopefully be a POSITIVE voice in the meantime. Thanks to all of the supportive and welcoming fellow LHC'ers us "newbies" appriciate it. :agree::run:

Avvoltoio
November 18th, 2010, 01:49 PM
i think it is not about registration time. I registered 4 years before, but i have no 100 post here, cause i just started to use forum in this month. And i agree Calaelen, not about the quantity of posts.

I think true LHC member is the person who grow her/his hair, or keep and mantaining it long, and always share the experience with other members

Marjolein
November 18th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I too have wondered when one becomes a true LHC-er. I was hesitant in the beginning to even post, and I have started very few new threads. But I truly admire all the members on this forum and would like to "belong". I wondered if it was wrong that I have not "friended" (is that the correct term) members here. But I am coming out of a very serious stalker problem, and have learned the hard way to guard my identity to protect myself and my husband. I hope this has not offended anyone as I hope to become a true long hair like many of you.

Please don't feel you should or shouldn't do anything to belong here. The friend system can be interesting because it (for example) allows you to read and reply to blogs of your friends. Also, sometimes people have private photoalbums that can only be seen by their friends. There really isn't much more to it. If you aren't comfortable "befriending" anyone through this system, then don't. It's only a bonus/optional feature, not the core of LHC, IMHO.

Feng-Shui
November 18th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I thinks if you long hair loves is you a LHC-er.:)

And if you are firmly decided you well for your hair to care.

I was already a LHC-er long time before I this forum found.

My heart loved always long hair and as I this forum found it felt immediately like the correct place for me. :love:

I felt me from the first day to probably here at this place and like at home.:flower:

My English is not very good, but the members here have me to understand.

I thinks that many things of similar vibrations goes in the heart and not only of the same language.

The more similar interests humans with one another divide all the more similarly are the vibrations which it connect.:)

LeaM07
November 18th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Oh no, don't think you can claim innocence with a recent join date or a low post count. :nono: It's already too late. You're one of us now. :twisted:

DecafJane
November 18th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I agree that it is all about contribution rather than length of time. Forums run on the contributions and enthusiasm of their members, just like non-internet communities. :)

nemileo
November 18th, 2010, 03:04 PM
I love hair, and I love you all! I think I am a true LHC-er:D:D:D

PineappleJello
November 18th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I think when I started to think about my hair several times throughout the day, check LHC several times as well as when I started applying what I had learned about hair care was when I felt like I'd become a true LHCer. However for people on the outside I might not be considered a true LHCer (for example they may have only seen my name once or twice where people I've seen countless times (Heidi W., Igor, Spidey, ect) are the ones that seem like 'true, hard core' LHCer's to me. However that's not saying I don't notice what 'newbies' have to say, it just means it will take a while longer before the name/signature sticks with me :)

Tia2010
November 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I think if you have a true desire to share ideas, contribute knowledge , and learn from others then your a true LHC'er at heart. :)

Irnann
November 18th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Well i am a member since 2005 and i have 44 posts;)
I didn't wrote long time, because i was embarrassed about what i did to my hair. But i have been lurking every single day here during the last five years;)

And my english is not so good, so its always a bit difficult to me to express myself as i would like to.

And i still don't know where i can find the smilies here:-(

Nae
November 18th, 2010, 05:15 PM
As long as you love hair and respect the folks on the boards I think you are a true LHCer.

beez1717
November 18th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I would say you are an LHCer just for signing up and comitting to becoming a longhair :) That's all it takes ;)

But what if your account has messed up privileges (like mine)? Then what?

princessp
November 18th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I agree with Feng-Shui. I feel like I was an LHCer before I was a member here too. Of course I didn't know it until I officially became a member. Being an LHCer is a state of mind and I don't think it really has anything to do with post counts, time here, or whatever.

FrannyG
I don't think it's about length of time or even the number of posts one has. I think a true LHCer is someone who wants to learn more and who wants to share what he or she knows about hair care.

Having said that, even after over 7500 posts and almost 4 1/2 years, I still often feel like a newbie. :p

CaityBear
I think being a true LHC'er is all about loving long/healthy hair. Everyone is here because a common goal/interest/etc, right? Whether you heard about it from somebody else while talking about hair (I've spread the word a couple times when talking about healthy hair lol) or googling tips on growing healthy long hair, etc. Either way, it was the interest of long hair or growing long hair or just having healthy hair that brought us all here.

It's the hair that makes you a true LHC'er. Whether it be short or long.

Now, I'd say you're a true LHC-aholic if you constantly check up on LHC :P.... Every time I'm on a computer, I check LHC and usually end up spending lots of time on here. HeHe. :)

ETA - haha I just hit my 1,000th post with this comment!

chrissy-b
November 18th, 2010, 05:58 PM
I'm all for some enthusiastic lurking. :)

This is me these days. I lurk most days, and rarely post anymore. Not sure why. Probably because I'm so busy! :D

I've never considered myself a true LHCer, and I'm not even sure I know what that means, but I sure do love this forum. :flowers:

little_cherry
November 18th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Well...some of us (well, o.k...me...) don't know how to shut their mouth...err...fingers.... :D
*hides post count and self*

Elenna
November 18th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Some members here do have an amazing number of worthy posts.

But it's more about growing longer hair. And yes it can become an obsession.

To rephrase a saying: come grow hair with me, the best is yet to be!

spidermom
November 18th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I'm sure that you're recognized as a member right away by others who are new. I tended to notice people who had a join date around the same time as I did. Unfortunately, in my 5+ years here, I've seen so many people come and go that now I'm slow to recognize and integrate new people.

Delila
November 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I've seen a lot of people come and go too. At first, I felt most comfy getting to know people with my own hair type and who joined about the time I did, but I branched out.

I'd say, based on my own experiences, that you're an LHC'er whenever you feel right at home here. If that's from your first visit, first haircare experiment, first hair toy, first swap, first post, first month or year. First or five-thousandth, it doesn't really matter. If you enjoy it here, you just know it. :)

In my rather limited experience with such things, a lot of people aren't going to have a long term interest in whatever-the-subject-of-the-special-interest-forum, whether or not they're drama queens. They learn enough to suit them and either stick around for other reasons, or they just move on, with or without drama.

As others have said, you're one of us if you want to be, and you will be for as long as you want the relationship to continue, and it really is just that simple. Respect the community, share your knowledge and experiences, and have a good time. (and have some cheese. :cheese: )

kschr2004
November 18th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Some members here do have an amazing number of worthy posts.

I agree with this. As someone who has been on here for a couple of years and just recently hit 200 posts, it amazes me when I see the post counts that some members accumulate in just a few months.

I also have to say, as a member who has lurked, disappeared, and reappeared on the forums a time or two, everyone that I have interacted with at LHC so far has made me feel very welcome!

Marjolein
November 19th, 2010, 03:21 AM
And i still don't know where i can find the smilies here:-(

<Teeny tiny hijack> When you reply to the thread don't use the 'quick reply' option, but rather click on the 'reply' button in the left corner underneath the last post. If you click on that button you'll see an entry field for your text and to the right of that a field with the most used smilies. If you want to see more smilies, just click on the button called 'more'. Tadaa, you've found them! <end hijack>

QueenMadge
November 19th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I personally don't see what the importance of "newbe" vs "oldbe" is anyway.:confused: I agree that quality of participation rather than post count or length of time is more important. I don't think much of what I contribute is really that important and I have been here a while. Once every so often I have something to share that might resonate with someone else and if so then that is great as far as I am concerned.:D

restourceful
November 19th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I love hair, and I love you all! I think I am a true LHC-er:D:D:D

Bravo, nemileo, :applause this exactly!

Well...some of us (well, o.k...me...) don't know how to shut their mouth...err...fingers.... :D

*raises hand bashfully* Another blabberfingers here.

I haven't been here quite a year, but I have a fairly high post count. I sometimes still feel like a noob, but for the most part, since I'm an LHC-aholic, I think I count.

yotaka
November 19th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Hahah I think it's the moment you realise you safeguard your hair like it's a precious treasure!
This. I'm choosing to view this question outside of the confines of this website. Ultimately the LHC website's highest purposes are as a tool and a symbol. A tool for sharing information on hair among various other issues, and a symbol for community between long haircare enthusiasts who believe their hair is more than "just hair". Therefore I agree with CrystalStar, a true LHC-er isn't someone who posts a lot or a little. It's someone who cares about hair like it's a precious treasure. :)

dropinthebucket
November 19th, 2010, 11:43 AM
It's an interesting question - e-community doesn't necessarily run on the same principles that govern groups IRL ("in groups", for e.g.). The question underlines our ideas about what LHC actually is by, in a way, just asking us.

To me, the responses list all the primary roles for LHC as a social resource - LHC as a community of contributing members; LHC as a (more public) educational resource; LHC as a home (page) for people who love long hair; LHC as a support network and advice/solution station. I love that LHC is all these things, and for so many people.

I think the only "members" some of us might not consider "true LHC-ers" are the phishers -- pumping products, or hair-sex sites, or trying to manipulate others (kids, spouses, SOs). These posters tend to drop their hooks, and we never hear from them again - thank goodness - if they aren't banned outright on the first thread.

sibiryachka
November 19th, 2010, 11:46 AM
The first time I felt like I really belonged was when someone else posed a question, I thought "Hey, haven't I seen that mentioned before?", searched it, and was able to reply with "Your answer is here!".
Well, that and when I called DBF to bring something to me in the shower, and he showed up with the camera in his hand, assuming I needed him to photograph my wet hair :p

Irnann
November 19th, 2010, 11:57 AM
<Teeny tiny hijack> When you reply to the thread don't use the 'quick reply' option, but rather click on the 'reply' button in the left corner underneath the last post. If you click on that button you'll see an entry field for your text and to the right of that a field with the most used smilies. If you want to see more smilies, just click on the button called 'more'. Tadaa, you've found them! <end hijack>

:hmm: :wethree::wethree::wethree:
Thank YOU so much!!!!:flowers:

:waving:

mali
November 19th, 2010, 12:09 PM
AGREED! What do you have to say?Yes,you! I know you are reading this! If you don't reply I'm going to go to your school/work,pretend to be your mother and than dance naked! Do you want that! NO! SO DO IT! REPLY!

:laugh:

halo_tightens
November 19th, 2010, 12:35 PM
*intentionally not replying*
*wants fun entertainment at work*

xoxophelia
November 19th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Thou must have 200 LHC friends ;)

(just kidding of course)

mali
November 19th, 2010, 12:48 PM
*intentionally not replying*
*wants fun entertainment at work*
:flasher::flasher::flasher::flasher:

halo_tightens
November 19th, 2010, 12:50 PM
LOL, mali!! That's just what I needed this afternoon. :laugh:

mali
November 19th, 2010, 12:54 PM
LOL, mali!! That's just what I needed this afternoon. :laugh:

Very glad to help,halo_tightens! :flowers:

Unofficial_Rose
November 19th, 2010, 01:12 PM

(just kidding of course)

*weeps uncontrollably* :wail: we can't all be popular, you know.

mali
November 19th, 2010, 02:08 PM

LOL! :laugh:

xoxophelia
November 19th, 2010, 03:04 PM

Haha.. I only have 60 friends myself :)

(such a n00b *sigh*)

triumphator!
November 19th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I'll feel like a true LHC-er when I have.... long hair....

And experience with it....

nellreno
November 19th, 2010, 04:15 PM
There's no set defining point. I joined earlier this year, and my posting has been random, but I read this forum almost every day and have taken a lot from it. I just don't post a lot.

Honestly, the 'true LHC-er' bit makes me think of a highschool clique ("Oh, you're not cool because you don't do XX"), and that is not the kind of site I think this place was meant to be.

enfys
November 19th, 2010, 05:09 PM
To me, you become a true LHC-er when you care. Not about your hair, but about the other members. That's what makes this a community for me.

Being a long hair is nothing to do with it since so many members have grown and cut or settled on shorter legnths to maintain but loving hair is the fundamental thing that brings up here every...day/few hours (cough).

kabelaced
November 19th, 2010, 05:38 PM
To me, you become a true LHC-er when you care. Not about your hair, but about the other members. That's what makes this a community for me.

Yes, yes! :p

You can be here a long time, and I've got respect for that. You've seen a lot of things I haven't. You can also be chattier than me, and that's okay, too, because some people are just like that. :)

At the end of the day, it's community filled with men and women, young and older, with some experience to very little, but we come together because we love long hair and we love our similarities while working to accept or tolerate the differences.

There's no "real" anything, because we're all real! (Unless there are some robot members on here that I don't know about...:D)

McFearless
November 19th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Joining this forum makes you a true LHC-er. The end.

Lady Mary
November 19th, 2010, 09:24 PM
There's no "real" anything, because we're all real! (Unless there are some robot members on here that I don't know about...:D)

Darn it, you found me http://chilled-out-gamers.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_robot.gif

mali
November 20th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Darn it, you found me http://chilled-out-gamers.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_robot.gif

*says ''hello'' in robot language*

Newniepg
November 20th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Nteresting question, I'm not really sure! I suppose it would have to do with length of time and number of posts. I still consider myself a bit of a newbie sometimes but I am slowly settling in.

I suppose a requirement might be a non creepy love of long hair and the inability to sit down at a computer and not check the site.

Also, a completely unsurprised attitute when someone posts a thread about putting something very unusual on their hair...just out of curiousity.

leslissocool
November 20th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Seriously that's me sometimes! and it doesn't help that I don't speak very good English :( ....oh well, we haven't been kicked out yet so we are doing something right, right?:eyebrows:

I'll feel like a true LHC-er when I have.... long hair....
And experience with it....

Yep! I hear you sister!

(just kidding of course)

Well if that's the case... I'm f*****... I think I don't even have 20....
But on the other hand, the ones I do have are just awesome :cool:

I would not agree about the number of posts thing - you have some noobs who litterally flood the forum with more or less pertinent and intelligent posts for a few months, then seem to lose interest and never be seen again ever after. On the other end of the spectrum, some members for years have quite a low postcount and I'm sure must feel like a part of the community, at least I feel they are anyway.

I think I'm a bit of an attention wh*re who goes on about me! me! And I don't think I have a problem with other people that are too :patrol:... I do post repetitive stuff (my kids, my lack of knowledge in herbal stuff but somehow still wants to try it) and most of the time, while I try to be pertinent to the subject, I end up talking about myself a lot :p...I've been a LHC follower way before I joined, I learned how to oil my hair and wash it with baking soda to clarify it.
When I decided to go back to my natural hair color I joined the community, I wanted to pick at all of you guy's brains :twisted: for info... and all of you have been so interesting I can't seem to stop :cheer: I check this more often than my Facebook... so I think you have the noobs that post, and also the members who post like noobs :laugh: roaming around the threads...

I agree with the the common theme of symbolism and taking care of your hair... that makes you a member, it doesn't matter how new you are... If you have pretty hair, we will talk about it and we want to see it!

mali
November 20th, 2010, 08:02 AM
leslissocool,you're right!

patti
November 20th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Getting the new member title off takes 25 posts right? I think this post might do it for me. Boy, 25 posts have been a struggle. My first post was soooo stupid, I went back and read every single article available so I didn't waste anyones time with garbage. I will consider myself a member when it reads member - just member - under my name.

restourceful
November 20th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I will consider myself a member when it reads member - just member - under my name.

Congratulations, Member patti! And welcome to LHC! :waving:

Lady Mary
November 20th, 2010, 09:46 AM
*says ''hello'' in robot language*

01001000 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 00100001

:eyebrows:

princessp
November 20th, 2010, 10:17 AM

Dag, you guys beat me to it! Oh well, "does not compute, does not compute, does not compute, does not compute!" [:] [:|] <------- robot emoticons that don't seem to be computing...

Laylah
November 20th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I'd say I consider people to be a "true LHC-er" when I can recognize them and have associated an identity with them, it doesn't really have an concrete standards.

Jules diamond
November 21st, 2010, 02:10 AM
Longhair is not an age or a length, it is a mindset. :cool:

Nera
November 21st, 2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slz View Post
I could not agree more. Also, you can't join a forum such as LHC and just *take*. You have to be willing to *give back* as well. Education and support and friendship are all two way streets.

Definitely! I am almost a 2 year member here. I read the boards every day but I hardly ever post, just because I don't feel like adding something, just feel like learning from others.

Sammich
November 21st, 2010, 04:39 AM
I'd think of a true LHCer as giving honest, sincere posts and doing what they can to help others who are in need of hair advice. :D
Oh and lurking. :p

mali
November 21st, 2010, 08:47 AM
01001000 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 00100001

:eyebrows:

08765296713520867453629973648167492900173645958746 32109287 :laugh:

tigr
November 22nd, 2010, 08:47 AM
I think the only "members" some of us might not consider "true LHC-ers" are the phishers -- pumping products, or hair-sex sites, or trying to manipulate others (kids, spouses, SOs). These posters tend to drop their hooks, and we never hear from them again - thank goodness - if they aren't banned outright on the first thread.
I agreed with everything you wrote, dropinthebucket, but I wanted to highlight this. I hadn't thought about people like this, but you have a point. I might not consider them members. I will have to think about that.

Velvettt
November 26th, 2010, 12:42 PM
There are lots of us who hang out in the blogs and rarely hit the forums. :D I used to be quite active in the forums but nowadays, I just read blogs.

I'm still a real LHCer. :waving:

luxepiggy
November 26th, 2010, 04:34 PM
There are lots of us who hang out in the blogs and rarely hit the forums. :D I used to be quite active in the forums but nowadays, I just read blogs.

I'm still a real LHCer. :waving:

Hello! *waves back* (^(oo)^)/"

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/shoppingpiglet/piggies/3heo131.gif

christine1989
November 26th, 2010, 04:38 PM
As long as you are passionate about hair and eager to absorb all of the knowledge LHC has to offer you are a "true LHCer". :)

Dani
November 26th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Well i am a member since 2005 and i have 44 posts;)

I know how that is. :) I've always lurked more than anything else, and feel like I've actually joined in, finally, in the last 6 months or something. I had 30 or 40 posts a long time ago, and then had a baby girl in 2006 and came here very rarely. But now I can't believe how many posts I've made recently, considering my track history! :p LHC has fun and interesting forums to come and check out. It's been my homepage for a while now. This topic is funny to me 'cause I have absolutely no idea how to answer it, and also it makes me think of the Velveteen Rabbit wondering when he'll become REAL? :rolling:

Qwackie
November 26th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Honestly, I don't care. As long as a player isn't mean to other players... I mean, a lurker such as myself who's on for hours on end without posting knows just as much and is just as good as someone who's played for years. People shouldn't judge people by their post count or how long they've been on.

mali
November 26th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Totally agreeing!

Victorious
November 26th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Newbie here and glad I joined. I'll admit I found this site while looking for a specific updo, but instead I found a huge group of great people.

I probably won't post much, because my keyboarding skills are horrible. (I can't play the piano very well either.)LOL

Proud to be a renegray.

justgreen
November 28th, 2010, 08:03 PM
I know I'm an LHC'er....they gave me my own smiley.....:justy: