PDA

View Full Version : Am I almost to waist??

suicides_eve
November 18th, 2010, 08:32 AM
nevermind..

Dreamkitty
November 18th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Your not a long way away from waist!. My hair is 24inches dry and 25 inches wet (same as you) but my hair is still at APL when dry, when its wet it is touching BSL.

Your hair looks past BSL to me and very close to waist, especially the middle part.

How tall are you? sometimes height has got to do with how quickly your hair grows.:) Im jealous lol your hair is nearly same length as mine but your past BSL!

chelles2kids
November 18th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Gosh...I don't know...those few hairs right in the middle sure looks like they are at waist...it's sooo close!
The pic. on the left looks soo much longer than the one on the right, were these taken at different times during you're journey?
Because the one on the left is quite a bit longer than the one on the right??:confused:

As for when I personally tell when my hair reaches a goal is when it's completely dry, some people do their measurements wet & I don't see anything wrong with that but my opinion is that I don't wear my hair wet when I go out so I always go by where my length is dry.

I totally know what you mean about shrinkage though, I have major shrinkage too and it really stinks!:(

bumblebums
November 18th, 2010, 09:00 AM
How tall are you? sometimes height has got to do with how quickly your hair grows.:)

Well, I doubt that this is literally true :) Height does affect how long it takes your hair to reach anatomical landmarks, though.

JulietCapulet
November 18th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I know how you feel. It's kind of unfair that curlies have to wait longer to reach the look of length. My view is that if you straighten it and it reaches waist you are at waist. It just doesn't always appear so. You look just about there. Two more inches.

Quahatundightu
November 18th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I go by the stretched/straightened length, just because otherwise I don't have anything concrete to track my progress.

However if someone asks me how long my hair is, I usually say mid-back, even though it's past hip stretched, because it looks like mid-back when curly.

Belisarius
November 18th, 2010, 01:08 PM
And thats not even full dried. Some days it can get close to APL! grrr shrinkage.

How and when do curly folk lay claims to a title??
Every time we reach it, dry, stretched, wet. So we can celebrate more. :p

Carolyn
November 18th, 2010, 01:17 PM
It looks to me like you have 2-3" to go when your hair is stretched out. You're getting close!

How tall are you? sometimes height has got to do with how quickly your hair grows.:) No, height has nothing to do with how fast your hair grows. Your growth rate is determined by genetics and your general health. If you are a taller person, you have more inches to grow to reach the same body landmark than a shorter person.