PDA

View Full Version : Hair loss update

joiekimochi
November 17th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Hey you lovely-haired people of LHC!

A couple of weeks ago I was moaning about my severe shedding and last week I finally managed to get an appointment with a famous dermatologist who had written a book about healthy hair which I haven't read so I don't know how good it is.

Well! She said I have sebbhoreic dermatitis and prescribed me some fancy shampoos, a scalp spray and some little blue bottle that has a roller head to roll onto my scalp every night, plus a couple of blood tests for thyroid, iron, zinc etc. I have to go back to her in a month to see if the shampoos worked, if not she would prescribe me Regaine (or Rogaine, not quite sure).

It was all fine and dandy until I paid up.

"How much is it altogether?" I asked the receptionist.

"$748.60 please," she replied smilingly.

For that amount my hair better grow, and grow back fast!!!!!

So far I still seem to be shedding an ungodly amount, though. I hope the blood tests were worth the money. And that little blue bottle, honestly, it's the size of a golf ball and it cost $160.

In other news, my mom is finally cancer-free! :cheese:

AnnaJamila
November 17th, 2010, 11:39 PM
O_o whoa, I really hope it works, too!

And super-duper congratulations for your mom!!!!!! That's totally awesome!!!

Sundial
November 18th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Congratulations on all the good news!!

Don't worry about the cost as long as the problem is solved :o Just keep to the routine that you were prescribed and hopefully the dermatologist has good news for you during your follow up visit!

embee
November 18th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Wow! For that amount of money I sure would hope that's the right diagnosis and treatment. Ooof. No more hairtoys for you for a while. Gee whiz. :(

Good luck and I hope your hair comes back in thick and fast!

kabelaced
November 18th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Congratulations about everything! :heart:

May the coming weeks give you peace of mind concerning the hairloss! It's so wonderful to finally be able to give a name to what's ailing; that's the first step towards a remedy. :)