PDA

View Full Version : NuNAAT and Philosophy products?

glittergirl84
November 17th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Okay, this might be a strange thought. I was curious about some products I read about a few months ago. One of the papers we get has a review section. A reviewer tries out various products and writes about what they like, didn't like, what you get when you buy a product, etc. All of these products got pretty good reviews. Still, that's one person's review. I'd like to buy these products and try them out. At the same time I'm a bit wary. I'd hate to blow money on something that I really end up hating. I've been a lurker here and I noticed that all of you totally know your stuff when it concerns hair care/hair products. I thought some of you might've tried this line of products.

So here are the products. Have any of yall ever tried NuNAAT shampoo and conditioner (the Chocolate Special line that supposedly smells like chocolate) and a Philosophy Fudge Cake 3 in 1 line (the product can be used as bubble bath, shower gel, or shampoo). lol, I guess that's where the strange thought comes into play. Why would you want to smell like chocolate?

Anyway, did you like the product you tried? Did it make your hair feel nice or did it make your hair feel greasy, dry, etc? Did the product actually smell good?

I know this is a long post. I apologize for that. Thank you to all the people that read my post and reply to it. :)

tigr
November 22nd, 2010, 11:29 AM
I'm curious about the 3 in 1, too. I used it in a different scent, but it was many years ago, and I wasn't paying much attention to my hair at the time.

Tia2010
November 22nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
I have never tried ( or heard of) NuNAAT . I do like some of the Philosophy skincare products ( LOVE hope in a jar) , but I didn't like how the shampoo's/ all in ones made my hair feel. I may try them again in the future since I don't use cones anymore to see if I get a different result .

HoneyJubilee
November 22nd, 2010, 05:27 PM
I've never heard of NuNAAT. I've used Philosophy's Hot Cocoa 3-in-1 as a bubblebath and a shower gel, but didn't try it on my hair. It's really brown and I wasn't sure about putting it on my blonde hair (although it probably would have been fine), and there may have been some ingredients I wasn't sure about putting on my hair too but I don't remember. The chocolate smell doesn't bother me at all, and I've used other chocolate scented bath products and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfumes .

ChrissieM
November 22nd, 2010, 05:59 PM
I've used other Philosophy 3 in 1s as shampoo before...I definitely needed conditioner though, and they seemed a bit drying. Better as a body wash, IMO.

Gvnagitlvgei
November 22nd, 2010, 06:39 PM
I want to try the NuNaat so badly.

glittergirl84
December 8th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Hey everybody!
I just wanted to come and update this post and thank everybody for the replies. I ended up emailing NuNAAT and I explained the situation to them. The company was kind enough to send me a few samples. Here are my results:

Okay, they sent out 3 samples per kind. They sent me three samples of the chocolate line, 3 from the shea butter line, and 3 from the coconut line. I thought I'd experiment with how I used the samples. I tried the chocolate out right away. I only used one small packet of shampoo and one small packet of the conditioner. The shampoo really lathered well! They all actually did tbh. I think I preferred the Shea Butter scent the most if I had to single one smell out. The second kind I used was the coconut. I ended up using 2 shampoo packs and 2 conditioner packs. This one smelled pretty good too. And last night I used all three of the shea butter shampoo and conditioner packets. I think I liked it the best out of the samples I tried.

I'll let yall know if I buy a bottle of Philosophy if I liked it. :) Thanks again!

Shicurls
December 8th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I know you've got samples of the NuNAAT line, but I wanted to share my experience with Philosophy's 3-in-1 line. I really liked how it smelled and how luxurious the lather was, but when it came to performance, I find that it acts just like a Suave Naturals shampoo. That being said, the money is in the scent and lather. I liked it because I like smelling like my perfume from head to toe, but it is better as a body wash. That being said, I would not chuck it if it showed up under my Christmas Tree!

jil
February 28th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I just used Nunaat Curly Hair Intensive Mask (label says for wavy, curly and very curly hair types). I have wavy hair. It smells nice and definitely made my hair feel soft, but it doesn't feel better than with other deep conditioners I have used. I got it from someone who no longer wanted it. I will continue to use the product, but I don't think I would buy it (not my ideal ingredients). My hair tends to be dry, maybe others would have a different experience.