PDA

View Full Version : Bandanas?

Nenwing
November 17th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Lol, I bet a lot of you first read that as bananas!

Who here loves bandanas??

I love wearing them (mostly at home though) to keep my hair back. They are a nice hair-friendly alternative to keep my hair out of my face!

I have about 7-8 of them or so in different colors.

Spike
November 17th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I have a ton of silk pocket squares on my wish list this year! I really like the updo where you make one big rag roll, tie it off, and let the ends of your scarf dangle. So fun and pretty.

bedazzlecat
November 17th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I love bandanas. Particularly when I am at home on a weekend and haven't washed my hair. I don't have any right now. My old favorite was a purple and light green Winnie the Pooh one, and it was cotton, of course.

I collect retro silk scarves and have been known to use those on occasion... but they tend to slip off my head so easily. The cotton ones do too, just not as quickly. The way I've always worn them was kerchief style with the knot under my hair, rather than biker style.

Anyone know how to keep them in place? (I have slick, medium-fine, rather straight hair.)

sibiryachka
November 17th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I am all about the bandanas. Just yesterday I was sniffing around online for some nicer-than-average ones. I have a couple I bought in Russia about 5 years ago, with much more interesting/complex paisley designs than most I find here, but they're starting to fade.

sherigayle
November 17th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I'm wearing one today in my favorite style. Worn like a headband, tied on the top of my head, with a loose, messy bun. Today I did a loosely braided cinnabun, with a colorful bandana.

Nenwing
November 17th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I love bandanas. Particularly when I am at home on a weekend and haven't washed my hair. I don't have any right now. My old favorite was a purple and light green Winnie the Pooh one, and it was cotton, of course.

I collect retro silk scarves and have been known to use those on occasion... but they tend to slip off my head so easily. The cotton ones do too, just not as quickly. The way I've always worn them was kerchief style with the knot under my hair, rather than biker style.

Anyone know how to keep them in place? (I have slick, medium-fine, rather straight hair.)

I will use those clippies and clip at about my temples, or use bobby pins in the same place to hold it better on my head. I also tie it with the knot under my hair.

GeoJ
November 17th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I love to wear bandannas. They keep my hair contained on breezy days, hide it when it's not looking it's best, and protect it from the sun.

I have a few different colors, a couple of homemade bandannas, and my favorite: bandanna maps (they have topographic maps printed on them and used to be sold at national parks).

Ash
November 17th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I love them. I wear one to work every day because I can't stand hats and I work around food. If I am on a road trip I will wear one because I like to have the car windows open slightly and the breeze will give me "poodle head" otherwise. I also wear one if I am going to be outdoors for a while or if I am having one of the days when nothing will keep the short canopy pieces laying flat (which is most of the time lately.)

Lady Mary
November 17th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Lol, I bet a lot of you first read that as bananas!

I did! :hollie: I was like huh... Well, I like bananas *click*

Kelli Kat
November 17th, 2010, 10:11 PM
I love bandanas I have like 15 of them in different colors and designs.

sunshine-locks
November 17th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I have nothing much to contribute except that i think bandanas look amazing in curly, henna'd hair! :cheese: