PDA

View Full Version : Succesful layers!

Fethenwen
November 17th, 2010, 02:34 AM
:joy:I'm so happy right now! I'm glad I took the plunge and went to the hairdresser today. This time I got a more drastic change. *pics coming soon*

I really did prepare myself for this and tried to find pictures and visuals on what sort of layers I was going for.
I just sort of realized a few days ago that my hair just was hanging there and not flattering to my face when worn down. So I started to ponder about those dreadful layers, I have had bad experiences from having layers put in before but wondered if it could be possible to have layers without looking like a disaster :p Or some sort of "teenage brat", that is so not my thing.
So I went to this hairdresser I have heard is really good, and boy was I nervous! But she was very understanding and listened carefully to what I wanted and gave suggestions on how this could be done. I had quite a wave day, most of the time my hair is quite wavy so she suggested layers that would bring forth my locks better. And that is exactly what she did, such a great job! She also used a wide toothed comb which did not pull my hair at all.

I also tested to braid my hair just now, and it did look sleek and neat without any strands poking out. But I think that is because my hair is wavy and sort of keeps it together that way, I guess really straight hair might be harder to braid with layers?

Finding a good hairdresser really makes a difference, I found mine by searching the net and reading reviews, it's quite surprising that so many people discuss hairdressers over the net these days :p

Barniie
November 17th, 2010, 02:37 AM
YAAAY very happy for you :) Hope you enjoy the layers for years to come!

Dragon
November 17th, 2010, 02:58 AM
I am very gald your layers turned out well :)

Unofficial_Rose
November 17th, 2010, 03:11 AM
I just had long layers cut into my shoulder-length hair. They got rid of some really nasty damaged stuff, and they've been done well enough to look OK air-dried.

It was nice to take off the square look I had before, too. When done properly, layers are fantastic. It's not easy to find someone who does a good job - looks like your research paid off. :)

FrannyG
November 17th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Oh how exciting! I love hearing good hair stylist stories, and I love hearing about people changing their look a bit without having to lose length.

How did you go about getting info on a good hairdresser from the internet? I would be interested in doing that just in case one day I feel like getting a professional trim instead of my do-it-yourself trims.

I am so looking forward to pictures! :D

Fethenwen
November 17th, 2010, 07:05 AM
^ Well I did some googling, and found reviews on sites that listed hair saloons. And also there was this Finnish haircare forum ^^
Yeah, I do recommend doing the research if possible.

trillcat
November 17th, 2010, 07:08 AM
*taps fingers and awaits pics* :)
YAY for you, Happy hair stories, I love it!

spitfire511
November 17th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Yay for successful layers! :) Can't wait to see pics.

pepperminttea
November 17th, 2010, 07:39 AM
It's so nice to read a happy story from someone who's just seen a hair stylist. :) Good for you!

sophiamarie
November 17th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Yeah! So glad it went well for you. Would also love to see pictures

Kerynna
November 17th, 2010, 08:11 AM
I have been considering getting long layers for a while now, so I can't wait to see your pics. I, too, have worried about the layers messing up the look of braids, buns and ponytails. My hair is a little bit wavey, but not really on the ends.

curlymarcia
November 17th, 2010, 11:44 AM
It's great that you like it :) I also want to see your pics!

Eire
November 17th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I've been thinking about getting layers as well, and your success story is giving me some courage! :)

lilalong
November 17th, 2010, 12:35 PM
That sounds great!! I'm waiting for the pics.

spidermom
November 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM
What? No pictures yet? Where's my instant gratification?

BrightEyes7
November 17th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Did you get layers just around the face or all around layers?

I've been toying with the idea of layers....

And I'm with SpiderMom... where's my instant graification? This is the internet after all!!! :laugh:

Fethenwen
November 17th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Sorry guys! I just wetted my hair with a quick water only, I was planning to take a photo _before_ doing that :doh: But it will be interesting to see how it looks when it's dry and not been styled. So you will have to wait until tomorrow, it's getting late and it's still wet.

BrightEyes7 - I got most of my layers in the front, and they are long and not choppy at all. The rest is sort of cut more into a gentle V shape. Pics coming soon!

Edit: I just have to add that I'm quite giddy over it now, my fingers run through my wet hair nicely and locks are started to form in ways that it did not do before.

GlennaGirl
November 17th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Marking my place for pics! :) I love my (very subtle) layers. They lift my hair just a little so it doesn't lie as flat (my hair naturally lies VERY flat against my head). Can't wait to see yours!

jojo
November 17th, 2010, 02:22 PM
:drama: ..................its gonna be a long wait!

Kerynna
November 17th, 2010, 02:30 PM
:drama: ..................its gonna be a long wait!

I hope you popped enough for the rest of us. ;)

TinaDenali
November 17th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Yay! It's always nice to hear about a good hair cutting experience.

I'm also anxiously awaiting pictures :D

nena_shawty
November 17th, 2010, 02:57 PM
yay im happy for you its hard to find a hairdresser that wont chop your hair off and somebody that can do a good job at layers

Dani
November 17th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Sweet nectar!! I bet you look even more gorgeous than usual now. :D I can't wait to see the pics of it! Have fun with your new hairs. 8)

jojo
November 17th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I hope you popped enough for the rest of us. ;)

sure help yourself!:drama::drama::drama::drama::drama:

Fethenwen
November 18th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Alright, here's some pics :D

I don't really have a before pic, the last one was taken on May 2010. So it's not really that relevant.

But here are the _now pictures:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2829&pictureid=88663

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2829&pictureid=88664

I must warn you guys who are maybe considering layers that it does make ones hair feel a lot shorter! It looks apl length in the front.

Dani
November 18th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Awesome style! You look beautiful and so does your hair. :D Your hair looks a lot like mine (but I'm at SL right now), and I know I'll want layers when it's longer this time because it's just too heavy and doesn't 'move' at APL+. Your stylist did a fantastic job! I'll have to remember your pic here, so I can see it when I feel like cutting layers into my hair. :cheese:

Fethenwen
November 18th, 2010, 06:39 AM
^ Nice to hear my trip to the hairdresser gave you inspiration :P

GlennaGirl
November 18th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Nice job!!! It's a very "wash and go" style, isn't it? You're soooooo lucky to have a little bit of wave to make the layers "float" nicely around your head. Have fun with them!

Unofficial_Rose
November 18th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Stylist obviously did a nice job, it's a great shape. :)

Fethenwen
November 18th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Nice job!!! It's a very "wash and go" style, isn't it? You're soooooo lucky to have a little bit of wave to make the layers "float" nicely around your head. Have fun with them!
Very wash and go indeed, it looks exactly the same as just after the cut, even if it has been wetted once between. I really seldom have that happen!

Stylist obviously did a nice job, it's a great shape. :)
Yeah, she really did :)

TinaDenali
November 18th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Gorgeous!! I love the cut and the color and the fringe suits you very well. You've got a great look!!

sophiamarie
November 18th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Looks fantastic!

feralnature
November 18th, 2010, 01:09 PM
How nice to have found a stylist that can give you such a nice cut! YAY!

sleepingIn
November 18th, 2010, 01:21 PM
:eek: I cant see any photos but YAY for finding a stylist who listens and moreso, ACTS ACCORDINGLY! I am embaressed to say how many hackjobs I have had done!!! So good job on doing your homework