PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Influence for Your Hairstyle

Ntaark
November 16th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Okay, so I found all of the Disney princesses posts about what people have wanted their hair to be like. But what about video game characters that inspired you to grow your hair out or cut it?

Mine was the sorceress from Diablo 2 because her hair was always so long and looked awesome when she was running. Then Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction came out with the assassin and she was bad ass, so i eventually cut my hair like hers.

Kallenie
November 16th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Lara Croft! :P

I just loved that she could be so intense and still have such amazing long hair!

Coan-Teen
November 16th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Hmm. I play a lot of videogames but I honestly can't think of any character that made me want long hair. I actually have a character who inspired me to cut my hair. Haha.

Ntaark
November 17th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Hmm. I play a lot of videogames but I honestly can't think of any character that made me want long hair. I actually have a character who inspired me to cut my hair. Haha.

Who was the character?

allnaturalboy
November 17th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Kuja from Final Fantasy 9 and Sephiroth from FF7. Its always the villains that encourage me. They have the best hair and clothes.

Intransigentia
November 17th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I wish I could remember which video game it was that lead to one of my favourite nerdy hair compliments: my hair was unnatural cherry red in a longish A-line bob, and I'd been dancing, and some guy told me my hair was exactly like (?) from (?) and started going on about the mathematical and programming effort that had gone into making the character's hair look realistic when she moved.

Dani
November 17th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Zelda in Twilight Princess and I am Nuts for Lightning's hair in ff13. Ever since I saw the first pics and trailer I've been a wee bit obsessed with it. :p I've got to figure out a way to cut my hair like that, but first it needs to get longer. :D

kabelaced
November 17th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Let me at first say that this thread is AWESOME!! :cheese:
I kept my hair in layered cuts for years because I wanted it to look like a Final Fantasy character (Rinoa, who had that "Rachel" cut), haha. I also totally loved Quistis's hair from FFVIII, and when my hair got long enough, I'd try to imitate her hairdo. :p

GeoJ
November 17th, 2010, 11:06 AM
The first time I saw long hair in a video game I already had long hair. Of course if a character had long hair I would be likely to play that character in the game. I often played Sindel in Mortal Kombat 3 because she had long white hair. I played other female characters in that game, too. I think I played Xiaoyu in Tekken 3, though her ponytails were short.

My favorite was a character with very long white hair that would grab and throw the opponent. Unfortunately I can't find that game and I don't remember the game or character names. Off to search my closets some more...

ETA: Found my old games! Yes, it is Sindel that has the ability to grab and throw her opponent with her hair, now I just have to remember how to play, I did the grab & throw by accident just now. :)

slythwolf
November 17th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Definitely Sindel. It would also be cool if I could pick people up and throw them around with my hair, but you can't have everything.

Coan-Teen
November 17th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Who was the character?

Blue Mary from the King of Fighters/Fatal Fury series. I love her hair. ^_^

ETA: Although, I love Millia Rage from Guilty Gear, and Jam Kuradoberi has some impressive length so maybe I do have a few inspirations.

Xepher
November 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Since I got myself a funky faux hawk just yesterday, I'd have to say that some inspiration came from Cloud Strife! :D I've had a huge crush on him since I first got the game, and I always loved his crazy hair!

Also: It's awesome to see a few FF fans around here!

lundmir
November 17th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Not what you mean, but I made a new character on Demon's souls with longish hair and my current color. It amuses me!

Avvoltoio
November 17th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I always liked the style of Arthas from the Warcraft 3 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXShYVjFpOc
But i never would cut my like hair what he have, cause my hair is longer, and i going to grow it much longer :)

I am just curious is there any male video game character who have very long waist, tailbone, or knee length hair? (do not recommend anime game characters :))

Coan-Teen
November 17th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I am just curious is there any male video game character who have very long waist, tailbone, or knee length hair? (do not recommend anime game characters :))

What do you consider anime game characters? Because offhand I can think of a few that aren't Final Fantasy characters but they may still fall under your definition of anime.

BunnyBee
November 17th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Lara Croft without a doubt. The original before they chopped her hair in half. Oh, to have polygons like that (the braid of course!)

Capybara
November 17th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Soul caliber. Although I don't have hair like them, unfortunately :p

Ntaark
November 17th, 2010, 02:30 PM

I can't think of any non-anime male characters that have long hair. i know in the upcoming Diablo 3 the male wizard has kinda long hair.

Armelle
November 17th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Kuja from Final Fantasy 9 and Sephiroth from FF7. Its always the villains that encourage me. They have the best hair and clothes.

But...but Kuja had LONG hair inf FFIX! :crush: He's definitely one of my video game hair heroes! (Especially the cut scene where everyone is nearly dead in Burmecia when he steps off the dragon and flips his hair... *SWOON* :D )

Also Millia Rage from Guilty Gear XX. I'm hoping to cosplay as her at DragonCon one day. :D

Nobody
November 17th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Lara Croft! :P

I just loved that she could be so intense and still have such amazing long hair!

Same story here!

KittyLost
November 17th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Lulu from final fantasy :)

She had an awesome braided bun with hair sticks then braids falling down to waist length so her hair would've been longer than waist. It looked really cool.

Roscata
November 17th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I absolutely love Nariko from Heavenly Sword. I want my hair to look like hers when it grows out.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/ioana2adelina/TheLongHairComm/heavenlysword.jpg

KittyLost
November 17th, 2010, 03:53 PM
That is some gorgeous hair.

enfys
November 17th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Not a big game fan (despite DH being a Computer Games Design graduate...) but I was tickled to notice Aeris/Aerith has a rope braid!

Some of these character designs have stunning hair. If only it was possible to have in real life...way cooler than Princess hair (except Princess Leia).

Anadyomene
November 17th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Lara Croft without a doubt. The original before they chopped her hair in half. Oh, to have polygons like that (the braid of course!)

I second that when I watched the movie I counldn't follow the story becuse I couldn't stop watching her hair.

Olivia23
November 17th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I absolutely love Nariko from Heavenly Sword. I want my hair to look like hers when it grows out.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/ioana2adelina/TheLongHairComm/heavenlysword.jpg

That is the one I was going to use lol! Love her hair!

I of course am a huge Final Fantasy fan and love Aeris. My favorite scene from FF7 is Aeris death scene. It was so touching especially with the music in the background. Here is a youtube link if that scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l0pks4jRLk

I also love Rinoa hair from FF8 I believe that's the right number.

GeoJ
November 17th, 2010, 07:50 PM

The only one I can think of right now is Lei Wulong from Tekken 3. His hair is in a ponytail and looks approximately hip length. I'm sure there are others, but I haven't played these games in several years so my memory of them is fuzzy at best.

Wow, Nariko's hair looks cool!

Angeletti
November 17th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I always love finding characters with long hair especially if it's somewhat similar to mine, so here is what I've came up with. The top picture is Shanoa from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. The bottom picture isn't a video game character but I thought I'd put it in because it's my favorite and I would love to look like that if I could transform myself into a video game character : )

Shanoa (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/genazollner/shanoa_72dpi.jpg)
Etaine (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/genazollner/123-2.jpg)

Xepher
November 18th, 2010, 01:52 PM
But...but Kuja had LONG hair inf FFIX! :crush: He's definitely one of my video game hair heroes! (Especially the cut scene where everyone is nearly dead in Burmecia when he steps off the dragon and flips his hair... *SWOON* :D )

Also Millia Rage from Guilty Gear XX. I'm hoping to cosplay as her at DragonCon one day. :D

Ohhh Kuja had beautiful hair, for sure <33 That scene in the rain is one of my favorite scenes from any game :p *Also swoons*

Xepher
November 18th, 2010, 01:56 PM
That is the one I was going to use lol! Love her hair!

I of course am a huge Final Fantasy fan and love Aeris. My favorite scene from FF7 is Aeris death scene. It was so touching especially with the music in the background. Here is a youtube link if that scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l0pks4jRLk

I also love Rinoa hair from FF8 I believe that's the right number.

I never played Heavenly Sword but I agree with Nariko's hair being among the coolest ever :D

Rinoa's hair always seemed pretty plain to me, I instead favored Quistis and Selphie's! Maybe some day I'll do that flippy style, even if it is old fashioned.

Aeris' hair is nice too... That scene still breaks my heart to this day. I played FF7 when I was too young to know how popular it was, and so of course I had no idea she was going to die. I think I cried for about 15 minutes straight. It certainly didn't make beating Jenova right after any easier LOL.

Jasperine
November 18th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I also gotta go with Lara Croft. Total bad-ass, intelligent and independent. With AMAZING long, brown, glowing hair.

.. She is and will always be my most truest hair idol :D

Maelyssa
November 20th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Lara Croft & Tifa from Final Fantasy. :D

Ntaark
November 21st, 2010, 09:35 AM
Blue Mary from the King of Fighters/Fatal Fury series. I love her hair. ^_^

Aw, her hair is cute!

skaempfer
November 21st, 2010, 11:01 AM
Elaine Marley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaine_Marley) from the Monkey Island series!

Or maybe the pirate (http://www.smh.com.au/news/reviews/mysims/2007/10/03/1191091177890.html) from Mysims!

Gojira
November 21st, 2010, 11:14 AM
Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII. I kid you not.
I think I was 9 or 10 when I first started playing that game. Loved his looks.

http://i53.tinypic.com/wgruhd.png