PDA

View Full Version : hair cutting scissors ?

Tia2010
November 16th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I was out last night and stopped in the beauty supply store ( big surprise :D) and while I was there I picked up a pair of scissors to start S&D .

These say "Eclipse professional shears with beveled razor edge." Is that ok for S&D . I didn't think to check before I bought them. I really didn't know anything except don't use dull scissors for S&D .

So are they OK ?

Igor
November 16th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Sounds pretty good- and sharp

I recently bought a new scissor myself too and can totally tell the difference. I’m actually afraid of getting my fingers in the new one! Maybe that’s the real quality test for a scissor: Are you afraid of cutting yourself on it or not? :gabigrin:

lordofthespoons
November 16th, 2010, 02:30 PM
No scissors can be called good or bad im afrai, it's basically what feels right for you while i was doing hairdressing befor i decided it wasnt my thing (bitchy people T_T although i may go back to it at some point :D)

I tried every pair of scissors in the shop, Finally ended with some Jaguar Satin pluss -ice- scissors at arround £100.

But then a friend of mine did the same thing, and ended up with some "own brand" £40 ones and they were the best shed ever used.

Legnth of scissors varies from person to person so much too, i usually go for arround a 5'5" shear but some people go for 4 and some for 7.0+ (look like office paper scissors to me :o)

My babies <3
http://imgur.com/wgLFB.jpg

Tia2010
November 16th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I have no experience cutting hair .... just saw " beveled edge " and wondered if that was the right thing or not to use for hair. I didn't want to mess it up :)

soopahgrover
November 16th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Yeah... I'm not really sure what beveled means, but it sounds like it might not be as sharp? For a special effect?

I have a semi-cheap pair of Tweezerman hair shears. I think I got them at Whole Foods. I like them! They've stayed pretty sharp, and the style designates them as 'hair scissors' so they don't get used for other household tasks.
Tweezerman sharpens for free by mail too, IIRC.