PDA

View Full Version : Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner?

abritta3
November 15th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Hi all...
I am a curly girl and always on the outlook for great conditioners...
I found this for my DS because she dyes her wavy hair with chem dye about once every 2months & it worked well on her dry hair
I tried it and liked it but it has cones!!! :( whyyyyy?
So disapointing! It smells get and I love the consistency..it is thick
Anyways...any suggestions? Should I just avoid it anyway since it has dimethicone or is occasional use okay as a deep conditioner?
I am so disapointed...

HairFaerie
November 15th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Just my opinion, but if you tried it and liked it and it works for you - why not use it?

Just because something has cones, doesn't make it "bad", unless you are going for a 100% natural, purist approach. That's not for everyone though. Personally, I have tried the 100% natural, purist approach and my hair didn't respond well. Now, I switch it up between natural shampoos and conditioners and other ones that are not natural ingredients. My hair just responds better to that. Some people don't use natural stuff at all.

My theory is...if if works well for you, go for it!

abritta3
November 15th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Thank you for the input! I am trying to be as natural as possible but it has definitely be a work in progress because I wasn't raised that way and just begun learning a few years ago and I still learn new stuff every day! :)

aenflex
November 15th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't let cones stop you from using something you like. Formadehyde maybe, but not cones :)

BrightEyes7
November 15th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I use cones. My hair likes them... so I use them! If your hair is responding well to the product use it, who cares what is in it if it works!

Well... as long as it isn't anything too terrible!

nena_shawty
November 15th, 2010, 12:36 PM
ok please tell me what cones r? i havnt figured that out yet

virgo75
November 15th, 2010, 01:13 PM
1st - if it works for your hair, then it doesn't matter if there are cones.

2nd - I checked the ingredients and the 1st 'cone' in question is a 'peg' modified cone which means it's water soluble, the 2nd one is very low on the list which means it has trace amounts.

Enjoy your new found conditioner. :flower:

GRU
November 15th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Ingredients
Aqua (Water) , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Glycerin , Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil , Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Panthenol , Silk Amino Acids , PEG-9 Dimethicone , Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract , Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract , Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract , Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Achilea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract , Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Juice , Dimethicone , Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans , EDTA , Triethanolamine , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , CI 15985 (Yellow #6) , CI 19140 (Yellow #5)

The PEG-9 Dimethicone is water-soluble, and the plain old Dimethicone is far enough down the list that its quantity is an extremely small percentage of the total product. (And Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone are both preservatives, not 'cones.)

I've used this conditioner before with no ill effects -- I like using it for mixing up SMT-type treatments. If you start noticing your hair feeling dry or icky, just shampoo with a product with SLS to clarify and then go on CO-ing with your new love!

Gvnagitlvgei
November 15th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I discovered this conditioner a month ago and love it, particularly the lemony scent. You should try it under a "steam." Use a microwaved hot towel and place a plastic cap over that. I do this 4 times, 15 min. each with the conditioner applied. It's wonderful.