PDA

View Full Version : I cut off seven inches...

JamieLeigh
November 15th, 2010, 10:09 AM
...and I'm now back to about an inch below the classic mark. It felt very cathartic for me, as I had shed out quite a bit from my longest length in January after my miscarriage. I had tried to maintain for months and just trim off the extra growth, to see if I could get rid of the thin ends that way, because they started at hip-length and went all the way down to fingertip. But my growth rate seems to be much faster than what I originally thought, so I was actually continuing to gain length and the trims were really not helping as much as I'd have liked.http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5778&pictureid=85828
The first photo is my hair in October - I took this shot for my 2-year anniversary on this site. It's a bit over 50" here and you can see the thin and uneven ends that start close to classic.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5778&pictureid=88462
This second photo is from last Monday, the night I took off a little over 7", putting my length at 43.75" and just past classic again. I would have liked to have taken a better photo, preferably outside, but it's been too windy to get a good shot of my ends. :p

My feeling is that I've now removed the last physical manifestation of my myscarriage...this makes me feel rather good in the psychological department. :)

Just wanted to share...not all haircut stories are bad ones. And yes, I did it myself. ;)

tinygirl
November 15th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Your hair looks absolutely wonderful and I am happy for you that you feel better after this!
Happy growing and the best for the future!

Avvoltoio
November 15th, 2010, 10:23 AM
your hair look so much healthy on the second picture, but 7 inches sounds too much, at east for me who only doing mini trims :), maybe less cut would fit for you too :), but i don't know, and the cut not really seems to be 7 inch, maybe cause the thin ends from before, but your hair is beautiful :)

janeytilllie
November 15th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Your hair looks so healthy and beautiful :)

SpinDance
November 15th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I understand the satisfaction of a thicker hemline after trimming off thin ends. It sounds like your hair is growing quite well. You'll probably have the length back fast, if you want to, of course.

Firegarnet
November 15th, 2010, 10:35 AM
:) It's wonderful how well this worked out for you...ends that make you happy and the removal of the last manifestations of your miscarriage. It must be wonderful to not see and feel that physical evidence every day. :grouphug: for your past loss.

BrightEyes7
November 15th, 2010, 10:38 AM
It looks great! And I'm sorry for everything you've gone through this year :grouphug:

RecklessCharlie
November 15th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I must say your hair looks much healthier and even more thick in the second photo. Glad that you are happy with the results! :)

aenflex
November 15th, 2010, 10:44 AM
The ends in the after pic look GREAT!!! It's nice to have hair long enough to where a 7 inch but won't kill you :)

feralnature
November 15th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I really like it! So beautiful. So sorry about your loss.

JulietCapulet
November 15th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. Your hair looks lovely :-)

little_cherry
November 15th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Hey Jamie!

Your hair looks fantastic and thud worthy! :)

spidermom
November 15th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Good decision!

Yozhik
November 15th, 2010, 11:48 AM
What a nice thick hemline you've acquired! It really looks great, and your hair is still gorgeously long as before. :)

I'm glad cutting was such a cathartic experience for you.

lapushka
November 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Your hemline looks great, nice and thick.

I'm sorry for your loss. :flower:

constantki
November 15th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I love your hair!

Loreley
November 15th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Your ends look a lot thicker! Congrats! :)

enfys
November 15th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Your hair looks lovely an I'm glad the cut was good for you in many ways :grouphug:

Do you plan to grow back or will you maintain here for a while?

chelles2kids
November 15th, 2010, 12:59 PM
It looks beautiful!
I totally know what you mean about the end problem though, I've been going through something similar myself.
I'm noticing some 'thinning' and think it's time for a trim in order to 'thicken' them up. I know for myself whenever I do this my hair always looks/feels better.

But wow! Classic length...I can only dream:pinktongue:

MissCoco
November 15th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Lucky you, your hair is still really long (and looks so much better)! I cut off a bit more recently and I'm back to short APL hair! Here's to better, healthier long hair, then! :toast:

little_acorn
November 15th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Looks great - and I'm glad its made you feel better too :flower:

SilvraShadows
November 15th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Wowsers... you have a new head of hair! It's gorgeous!!

Kome
November 15th, 2010, 01:25 PM
It looks wonderful. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, but this is a good start to recovery! A new journey and perhaps... a new baby. :)

Carolyn
November 15th, 2010, 02:05 PM
It looks great! And so much thicker. You're right, not all cuts are a bad thing.

FrannyG
November 15th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Beautiful, JamieLeigh, just beautiful. :blossom:

Spring
November 15th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Seven inches made a huge difference! It's beautiful... and great job :)

DakarNick
November 15th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Looks good, JamieLeigh!

I cut off a bit more recently and I'm back to short APL hair!

Is your avatar pre-trim? Because it looks like BSL to me!

Valdeon
November 15th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I am really glad for you! This trim marks a fresh start :blossom:

It seems that you really needed it, and besides even hemline rocks!:cheese:

lindaton
November 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
It looks great! You have very pretty hair.

Linda

Jessica Trapp
November 15th, 2010, 07:33 PM
It looks beautiful, Jamie.

Flossy
November 15th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Your hair looks lovely.

ericthegreat
November 15th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I know this is very late, but nonetheless I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug: I was wondering where you have been lately, and now I understand why. My best thoughts go out to you, in case you still haven't come to terms with it.

As for your new cut, it looks fantastic! It is amazing to me that you are able to cut off a full year's worth of length and STILL end up with classic length hair! Your hair looks even better now, its much thicker and fuller at the ends.

Robbin
November 15th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Bless you Jamie... I cannot begin to imagine your loss. You hair looks much stronger now that you've trimmed the thinned parts off. Beautiful....

christine1989
November 15th, 2010, 09:20 PM
It looks great! The ends are so thick now. You definatly made a good choice. :)

JamieLeigh
November 17th, 2010, 09:03 AM
I really appreciate everyone's comments so much. :heartbeat Everyone here and on Facebook (where I have been posting more regularly) has been very supportive, and I thank you all.

To answer a couple of questions -

No more babies for now! I already have five, and the youngest one is turning 4 on Saturday. This last pregnancy was actually an accident! :tmi:

Yes, I'm planning on keeping on with the growing. I'd still like to find my terminal length, but for now I'm going to continue to keep my ends looking thick for as long as possible while gaining length. My goals tend to change often, though, so don't be surprised by anything you see the next time I post photos. :p

FullMoonTrim
November 17th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Looks great & it sounds like it was a very healing thing for you.

MissCoco
November 19th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Is your avatar pre-trim? Because it looks like BSL to me!

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I only got the subscription email now for some reason! Yes, my avatar is pre-trim and I need to update it soon...:rolleyes:

Avital88
November 20th, 2010, 05:41 AM
its a dark picture but i can see that your ends look really thick now!Good job!

Astarte_1980
November 20th, 2010, 05:51 AM
You ar feeling better with this haircut and that is the most important thing.

Charlotte
November 20th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Your hair looks great JamieLeigh and so healthy. :) :blossom:

curlylocks85
November 20th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Your hair looks great. Your ends look a lot thicker. I am sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs.