PDA

View Full Version : Been MIA and a ?

spitfire511
November 14th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Hey folks - seems I can't manage to get on the computer with any consistency lately. :( But I need a HEAVY dose of LHC right now! (Seeing everyone's lovely pics is definitely helping already:).)

I haven't had my hair cut or trimmed in coming up on 6 months. That's a long time for me!

The hitch is that, for some reason, around this time every year I get the itch to chop - and I mean chop, to like chin length.

DH really likes my hair long. In fact, in trying to make me feel better last night he told me that my hair is 'iconic' to him. Yeah - that got a smile. The biggest part of that is my color. He has loved my color since we were kids.

That removes coloring/henna from my ways to scratch the hair-change itch. :(

I have bangs that I'm growing - which is already frustrating. And to top it off, my hair will *not* stay up in any nature of updo (without an elastic) when it's dry. I know that part of that is layers. But it also just seems to constantly 'untwist' itself. (Does that make any sense?) Even a messy bun won't stay with anything but an elastic. I've wanted to try a ficcare, because it looks like something that might stay, but we haven't had the $ for one. argh!

So - (sorry for the essay) anyone have any ideas how to help it stay up/scratch this chopping itch? TIA for even getting through this!

see_turtle
November 14th, 2010, 07:20 AM
To make my hair stay I always need a large amount of bobby pins...otherwise it slowly slips out and looks frazzled. HTH Good Luck your hair is very pretty resist that urge!

Coan-Teen
November 14th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Have you tried braiding when wet? My hair is super-fine and will not stay up without a ton of product unless I braid it when it's wet.

As for the urge to chop I get the same thing once every three months or so. I have no good advice except maybe trying a new style. Just remember nice things people have said about your hair and how you would miss it if it were really gone.

Sorry I don't have anything better. Good luck.

Pierre
November 14th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Try some Flexis. They're less expensive than Ficcares, and they hold tight for days.

If your hair is too slippery, it may be the way you wash or condition it. Try changing that.

spidermom
November 14th, 2010, 11:33 AM
A small trim might soothe the urge to chop, especially if part of the urge is enjoying salon services. I do - the washing and conditioning with scalp massage, the individualized attention.

curlymarcia
November 15th, 2010, 08:44 AM
If you want to see your hair short without the cut you can enjoy a fake bob for a few days

LHGypsyRose
November 15th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I have the very same problem of wanting to chop all the time and constantly trim! All I can suggest is just don't do it! Last winter I went from knee length back to classic (again) because I was addicted to the scissors! Of course being pregnant at the time didn't help matters any, but even before then, I would have to trim at least 2" every few months because of my obsession with having blunt ends. I finally realized that I was mainly loosing precious length rather than helping my already healthy ends any. Maybe try buying yourself some new hair goodies and using them with different styles. Good luck!