PDA

View Full Version : Hello Long Hair Community! Blondie about to go copper! :D

yotaka
November 13th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I thought I should probably stop lurking in the herbal and henna threads and finally introduce myself. I have naturally blond BSL golden wheat hair and ordered my first batch henna powder! It's Ancient Sunrise's Sunshine Henna for Hair Kit.

http://www.ancientsunrise.com/sunshinekit/index.html

I'm really excited but nervous, as I have never changed my hair color before! I've been contemplating this for months though and am ready for the step. I have used Anicent Sunrise's cassia obavata kit for blond hair before and didn't see much improvement in my hair... But this time I am using the cassia in conjunction with the henna as well as using chamomile tea and honey instead of pure lemon juice which I think was my main problem.

I'll see how this goes! ^_^

lacefrost
November 13th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Aw! I think it'll be lovely. Just make sure you strand test it first. I've noticed that the dye content on the Ancient Sunrise hennas are pretty good. I got the Celebration henna and left it on my dark hair for like 4 hours (about 6 hours less than I usually do) and I could see the red in my hair under regular light.

spidermom
November 13th, 2010, 05:32 PM
From what I can see, your hair color is lovely as it is.
I hope you will be happy with the henna. For me (mid-range blonde), henna varied from orange in the sunshine to brick-color when I was inside, and I wasn't happy.

Pierre
November 13th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Welcome to LHC and Lawsonia!

yotaka
November 14th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Thank you for the advice. I think I'll start out with a ratio of 1:4 henna to cassia so that it will only turn a light strawberry blond color and I can go more copper if I want later by doing another application with more henna. That way, I can get a better idea if I'll like the copper hair but the change won't be so dramatic at first. But I do love my natural hair color, don't get me wrong! I just love redheads and the idea of henna. I think my curiosity got the better of me... ;)