PDA

View Full Version : Increase my man's hair?????

indigonight
November 13th, 2010, 03:24 PM
My boy in his late 20s is paranoid about losing his hair, he has absolutely gorgeous gold brown 3b hair. He already oils his hair with Vatika's coconut oil nearly daily and only washes with castile soap or organic shampoo. He wants to know what else he should do to preserve his hair or increase it, preferably organic or otherwise?????

Thanks for helping me to help him!

little_cherry
November 13th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Perhaps castor oilings on the scalp the night before washing may help.

littlenvy
November 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I use Emu oil on my man and massage that into his scalp. Emu oil is a natural DHT blocker and the massage helps with blood circulation.
Its helping. Not as much as I would wish but at least he is not losing any more.
Prevention is the key here.

Anje
November 13th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Caffeine applied topically has been shown to thicken men's hair at least a little. (Interestingly, the paper I saw didn't find the same effect for the females in the experiment.) Based on that, I got DH to start using a coffee-based shampoo bar, which he adores. Not sure it made a difference (Rogaine was a lot more effective!), but it certainly won't hurt.

starlights
November 13th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I agree with the others a decent quality oil with head massage will hopefully rejuvinate his hair. My friend's husband was going bald so she used to massage his head with almond oil, and now if you see his hair it grows a faster rate than mine! im so jealous LOL

pixistixx
November 13th, 2010, 05:14 PM
before I went on hormone therapy ( I had high DHT levels, like with male pattern baldness) I used a leave in natural gel with saw palmetto extract in it, and it helped quite a bit. forget what it was called though, it came in a brown bottle with a dropper type top. There are several natural brands of saw palmetto hair care out there though.

linda g
November 13th, 2010, 05:16 PM
He should have the right parents? ;)

indigonight
November 14th, 2010, 11:14 AM
thanks for the suggestions!