PDA

View Full Version : Waist at the back doesn't mean waist at the front.

Liluri
May 31st, 2008, 11:12 PM
I'm trying to not delve into TMI land here. But I'm curious :D

Having reached waist at the back (hair all at the back of my body) I'm wondering how much difference in length to be waist length with your hair at the front of your body. I have certain assets that make my hair appear much shorter when over the front of my shoulders.

Is there a measurement in the long list of lengths that cover this?

I'm sure it's going to be different for different people but I'd love to know if I'm alone in my new goal to attain waist length hair that's over the front of my body.

Dianyla
May 31st, 2008, 11:16 PM
Having reached waist at the back (hair all at the back of my body) I'm wondering how much difference in length to be waist length with your hair at the front of your body. I have certain assets that make my hair appear much shorter when over the front of my shoulders.
If it's any consolation... once the hair gets down past classic, another pair of certain assets balance it out in the reverse direction. :lol:

Liluri
May 31st, 2008, 11:19 PM
Dianyla I love it! I hadn't even thought about that, the joys ahead :)

Jae6
June 1st, 2008, 12:35 AM
i think it's worse when you have layers added to the mix.

case in point: in high school i had no idea i was waist length until i saw a picture of my hair at a school dance. my shortest layers were at collarbone length, and i kept my hair up almost all the time, so to see that (a few years after the fact) was kinda nice...'cuz every other picture i had from that time you didn't see my true hair length, grrr!

dianyla, i totally LOL'd at your post :)

Amara
June 1st, 2008, 02:49 AM
You are not alone! I rejoiced at both waist and "front waist." Now I am realizing that it'll be the same for hip - front hip bones sit lower than in the back, in addition to whatever assets you may or may not have hindering your way. :) Just more milestones to keep ya motivated!

shrimp
June 1st, 2008, 03:44 AM
I'm about classic in back and just short of hiplength in front (unless I avoid laying the hair over the obvious obstacles, then it's top of thighs).

Saranne772
June 1st, 2008, 04:54 AM
Don't I just know the feeling! My hair would be way nearer Classic if I was thinner!

n3m3sis42
June 1st, 2008, 04:54 AM
I'm so glad you asked about this! I've been feeling like I might be "doing it wrong" because I'm saying I'm almost at waist (and I am, in back) but if my hair is over my shoulder to the front, it covers my, um, assets and only reaches a little below them.

n3m3sis42
June 1st, 2008, 04:55 AM
Don't I just know the feeling! My hair would be way nearer Classic if I was thinner!

...And I'd be a lot more sure where "waist" even was if my waist were more defined. ;-)

(On the plus side, I have a small bottom, so I guess classic will be easier for me.)

Meli
June 1st, 2008, 05:28 AM
Annoying, isn't it? I'm going to reach solid hip length (at my back) before I reach front waist length...

camara
June 1st, 2008, 05:35 AM
Yes, there is quite a difference. I´m one inch short of classic, seen from behind, on the front, however, I´m just nearing hiplenght.

Guenever
June 1st, 2008, 05:38 AM
I had only 2 special "marks" in the front that I waited to achieve:
1) My hair covering the "ladies"
2) My hair reaching/at level with my bellybutton!

Right now I'm at TB in the back -- low hip at the front :)

Liluri
June 1st, 2008, 05:39 AM
Well it's good to know that I'm not alone! I like the attitude of more landmarks ;) to achieve on the way.

Mitzy
June 1st, 2008, 05:45 AM
Yeah, but what did you think about the "landmarks" in back equalling out the ones in front, Liluri? Hahahahaha, that was so funny. My backside is bigger than anything in front of me, I promise you that!

Future CCC-SLP
June 1st, 2008, 07:18 AM
I'm glad you posted this Liluri! I'm close to mid-back just a few inches until waist although in-front just barely covering the ladies. I guess i'll be setting goals for my front too!
Off to waist in the back and belly button in the front!

FrannyG
June 1st, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'm pretty sure that with my particular assets, I might not even hit BSL at front when I reach tailbone. Doesn't bother me a bit. :)

hurricane_gia
June 1st, 2008, 09:39 AM
My front assets don't displace very much hair :(, but what makes my hair look shorter in the front is that I have U-shaped hemline. The hair on the sides is about three inches shorter anyway, and that's the hair that most often moves to the front.

Parting my hair in the middle and moving it all to the front . . . well by the time it's gone around my neck and over my shoulders it's all 'three inches shorter'. Which is how I got that U-shaped hemline in the first place (self-trimming method)!

CurlyNinja
June 1st, 2008, 09:59 AM
Haha! I've wondered about this too, thanks for asking!

I tend to "feel the length" only as it moves down the front, not the back, and some ex-semi-bangs I had only further cloud my perception of how long my hair really is. In the back I'm waist straight, low BSL curly, but in the front I feel only a few inches past collarbone. When I bring the bulk of my hair forward, I'm mid-boob. Interesting to think about; I hadn't considered the implications for larger-chested women.

squiggyflop
June 1st, 2008, 10:44 AM
i have the same problem.. i have certain assets.. and the hair just barely curls over them.. its ridiculus how much shorter it looks in the front

Ms Monnie
June 1st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Bwahaha! I've never had that problem myself. Classic is going to be a looong time coming though. Me = juicy pear.

CopperHead
June 1st, 2008, 01:29 PM
It's funny this subject was brought up because I was just pondering this exact same thing the other night. My hair is a little past waist in the back, and just covers the "twins" in the front. :) I have very healthy twins. ;)

I'm guessing about the waist length because I haven't seen my waistline in many years. :D

Alun
June 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM
Some bits of my hair will reach my waist if I pull my waves out straight, but it will be at least another year before I can do that at the front, if ever, and that's without any b**bs, LOL! My hair is very tapered.

Pegasus Marsters
June 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM
Haha for sure. My hair was no where near waist at the front when it was waste at the back. You don't even think about that until you get there and it's like "HAY! WAIT!" XD

daydreamer
June 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM
Heheh, I've noticed this as well -- I'm a little past BSL in the back but it feels so much shorter in front!! I wonder how long it will be in back when the girls are totally covered.

Angellen
June 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM
As Alun mentioned, I don't think it's a strictly chest-protrusion-related affair (although that certainly makes it worse). I haven't much in the b00b department, but my hair is hip length in back, but still has a few inches to go in front.

Personally, I don't feel like I've really hit a milestone until I've got it in front, too. :shrug:

Alley Cat
June 2nd, 2008, 05:30 AM
It's not only your assets that make it shorter at the front if you think about it hair comes forward over your neck and shoulders as well making it shorter than straight down over your back. I remember getting to waist myself and wondering when will I be waist at the front. Actually some of it the ends are they if I pull them straight and my hair is a few inches past waist not but the bulk of it is shorter than that, then again I have layers:shrug:

tiny_teesha
June 2nd, 2008, 06:32 AM
well i dont have big front assets, but it still takes it longer to reach that length, i think the way the hair has to move from the back and over the sholders accounts for the loss in length too!

merry
June 2nd, 2008, 07:03 AM
I'm pretty sure that with my particular assets, I might not even hit BSL at front when I reach tailbone. Doesn't bother me a bit. :)
I'm there with you Franny, at the back I'm about an inch away from tailbone, but at the front things are barely covered...:o

Liluri
September 29th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Further to this thread, I just realised that I am now waist at the front! *happy dance* :)

ericthegreat
September 29th, 2009, 08:32 AM
If its any consolation to you guys, even with my mostly one length hair, it still reaches much longer in the back than it does when I pull it to the front on my body as well. My length reaches past the middle of my butt when its all the way back. When any part of it falls to the front, my hair instantly "shortens" to just below waist length due to the natural angle and position of my head of course. I truly sympathize with you all who are at BSL and even waist length and when you guys pull your hair to the front, it seems like its barely past your shoulders!

redneckprincess
September 29th, 2009, 08:32 AM
My hair measures longer if I hold it all behind me then if its tward the front and I have a ways to go before I am reaching those precious womanly assests

rhubarbarin
September 29th, 2009, 08:44 AM
My hair is also much shorter when over my shoulders, and I have no 'assets' that could explain it. I think for most us, even with a blunt cut the bulk of the hair that is reaching milestones down your back is growing from the back of the head, so you're going to lose quite a few inches sweeping it forward.

GlennaGirl
September 29th, 2009, 08:53 AM
That's why I like to think of my goal as CTBL (cover the bo*bs length). At that point I'm assuming I'll be at mid-waist-ish as viewed from the back. (Though at my age, waist and b*obs are about the same thing anyway. Waist may be a little higher.)

But yes, the bump-out factor does make hair appear shorter in the front.

linda g
September 29th, 2009, 08:59 AM
CTBL :D Happens to be a secret goal of mine, too. Oops, guess not so secret now!

Heidi_234
September 29th, 2009, 09:07 AM
My hair is also much shorter when over my shoulders, and I have no 'assets' that could explain it. I think for most us, even with a blunt cut the bulk of the hair that is reaching milestones down your back is growing from the back of the head, so you're going to lose quite a few inches sweeping it forward.
I agree, hair that's the longest from the back, goes a long way when brought forward, which makes it that much shorter, assets or no assets.

Elfe
September 29th, 2009, 09:09 AM
On the back, my hair almost reaches my hips, but on the front, I am barely at my waist.
It's annoying...
And guess what, my first goal was CTBL too :-D

GlennaGirl
September 29th, 2009, 09:18 AM
And guess what, my first goal was CTBL too :-D

Hmmm! Perhaps that means some day my goal will grow to CMBB length! (Cover My Big Bootie)

JamieLeigh
September 29th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I can't remember if I made a big deal out of "front waist" or not - it's really been years since I've been that short. But I loved how I reached classic length (aka top of thigh) in front before I reached it in the back. Gotta love a nice big bum. :p

frodolaughs
September 29th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I've never thought of this before. And I've learned an awful lot of euphemisms reading this thread!

pradabacon
September 29th, 2009, 09:44 AM
^^^Speaking of euphemisms, I believe 'assets' is the perfect term for the ones at the back, but I prefer to call the ones at the front 'perks'. :p

So...my hair in the back is just about at the top of my assets, but just barely covers my perks in the front. I have layers.

I hope the amount of assets and perks I have gained in the last few years doesn't have tax implications I'm unaware of. :hmm: Better call my financial advisor...

Debra83
September 29th, 2009, 12:23 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING!????!!!! We have to deal with THAT???!!!!! sigh.

Debra83
September 29th, 2009, 12:25 PM
With gravity thrown into the mix, it'll be a RACE to see what hits knee first......the hair or the...er...um..."assets"!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

Liluri
September 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM
^^^Speaking of euphemisms, I believe 'assets' is the perfect term for the ones at the back, but I prefer to call the ones at the front 'perks'. :p

So...my hair in the back is just about at the top of my assets, but just barely covers my perks in the front. I have layers.

I hope the amount of assets and perks I have gained in the last few years doesn't have tax implications I'm unaware of. :hmm: Better call my financial advisor...

:rollin:

You'd want to be careful that there's no downturn and your perks become more like assets... Oh goodness gravity please be nice.

82exoticbeauty
September 29th, 2009, 06:15 PM
hmm. . .I don't know about me, I almost hardly do that! The last time I did that was 2007 of July! I had layers like a V shape to the ends! I was classic from the back and the front was about low hip bone! Maybe a bit shorter in the front than the back! Since the back of my head where the hairlines is (the middle center part of head just below)! When pulled in front, it makes the hair seem a bit shorter or half shorter than the back part of your body! I did that sometimes since then!

Sometimes where the hairlines from the head tend to make it seem a bit shorter from the back of the head when pulled front! The hairlines when hair is long seems to make the hair a bit longer than the back hair lines of hair from your head! Only to those who have Blunt or U shape cut in the ends!
Those with V shape hairs with layers, the hairlines of their hair hangs in front seems shorter as the back of the hairlines from their head makes it seem almost longer or almost same!

GlassEyes
September 29th, 2009, 06:24 PM
:D I'm glad I'm a guy with no ass.

Okay, well, apparently that's not true (or so I've been told) so I guess I'm glad to be a gu with a small ass. :D

friskybiznus
September 29th, 2009, 06:41 PM
With gravity thrown into the mix, it'll be a RACE to see what hits knee first......the hair or the...er...um..."assets"!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOL!!!!:bounce:

rchorr
September 29th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Yeah, well, I know what you mean. LOL! :silly: Since my hair seems to have stopped growing, I guess I'll never have the "long in front" look.

Good luck! I hope yours gets there! :thumbsup:

camirra555
September 29th, 2009, 08:33 PM

I'd like for my hair at the front to reach these two goals as well. Right now I've almost gotten to the first one when stretched but I'm so far from the second one :(

pradabacon
September 29th, 2009, 08:49 PM
:rollin:

You'd want to be careful that there's no downturn and your perks become more like assets... Oh goodness gravity please be nice.

Oh, I call them that with plenty of sarcasm...believe me. :D

Bite me, Gravity!!!

Stephichan
September 30th, 2009, 12:58 AM

Right now I'm at TB in the back -- low hip at the front :)

These are some of my 'mini-goals' I guess you could say. It'll be nice when my hair reaches those lengths.