PDA

View Full Version : Mei Fa Stickx on Ebay

Cinnamon Hair
March 11th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I was searching ebay for some Mei Fa sticks, and found some but none I liked so thought I would post to enable the people here.
Mei Fa Sticks (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=%22mei+fa%22&category0=)
They are cheaper than the ones on the Bazner Studios site, but like I said, not much selection.

I hope this was the right place to post, since we don't have an Accessory board anymore.

Silver & Gold
March 11th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I agree with you. I saw the Mei Fa hairsticks quite some time ago but there was nothing in the selection that I couldn't live without.

darkwaves
March 11th, 2008, 09:44 PM
And the shipping! $22 to Canada!!!

No, no, no, no, no!

aisling
March 12th, 2008, 04:52 AM
And the shipping! $22 to Canada!!!

No, no, no, no, no!

It's $32 to Finland, even if the dollar is cheap compared to the euro, that's ridiculous. Nice of them to offer international shipping, but it's pretty obvious they don't want such customers.

trollkjerring
March 12th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I can't check out ebay right now (I am at work). Just want to mention that international shipping at baznerstudio directly is also about 30 USD:(
I am really grateful that we had that awesome GO in the past;)
trollkjerring

darkwaves
March 12th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Such high shipping prices! I'm baffled.

Nightshade
March 12th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Such high shipping prices! I'm baffled.

Like aisling said, it's probably meant to be a deterrent more than anything.

Delenn
March 12th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I find a lot of eBay sellers do that, they hook you with a nice cheap price and then slam you with a high shipping charge. I guess they figure people don't read fine print.

darkwaves
March 14th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Like aisling said, it's probably meant to be a deterrent more than anything. Good points!

Nightshade
March 15th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I find a lot of eBay sellers do that, they hook you with a nice cheap price and then slam you with a high shipping charge. I guess they figure people don't read fine print.

Part of that, to be fair to the motivations of the sellers, is also because EBay nails them on the listing price and the final sale price, but not shipping. So a seller will pay far less in fees if they list an item for $1 and charge $14 for shipping, rather than listing the item for $10 and $5 for shipping.

Some I'm sure are doing the bait and switch, but I think fees are the main motivator.

eadwine
March 15th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Part of that, to be fair to the motivations of the sellers, is also because EBay nails them on the listing price and the final sale price, but not shipping. So a seller will pay far less in fees if they list an item for $1 and charge $14 for shipping, rather than listing the item for $10 and $5 for shipping.

Some I'm sure are doing the bait and switch, but I think fees are the main motivator.

Thing is with the new feedback system that bird won't fly anymore as sellers get rated on their shipping separately. Personally I get put off when I see a shipping from the US to here for 20USD, when I know it can be done for $4. I always cross check the shipping fees when an item reaches my home, and I will leave a negative on the shipping department when they ask more than reasonable for shipping and packing material together.

Nightshade
March 15th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Thing is with the new feedback system that bird won't fly anymore as sellers get rated on their shipping separately. Personally I get put off when I see a shipping from the US to here for 20USD, when I know it can be done for $4. I always cross check the shipping fees when an item reaches my home, and I will leave a negative on the shipping department when they ask more than reasonable for shipping and packing material together.

Good, it's a PITA to sift through the sellers like that, so while I understand WHY they were doing it, I neither liked it nor did it myself on the rare item I post on ebay.

I also now like that when you sort by price it adds shipping and the current bid price together and sorts that way.

eadwine
March 15th, 2008, 02:53 AM
That latter thing I do not like at all. I want to sort on price alone, so excluding shipping, and sometimes it just won't let me do that. Many times, I have found, shipping cited is not the correct shipping price, and that misrepresents things then.