PDA

View Full Version : My first LHC Anniversary ! One year of hair TLC !

Cailie
November 13th, 2010, 11:25 AM
My first year without heat, iron ... and being mean (and hatefull) to my hair.

... also one year making huge changes in my routine, with regular trims and trying so many little tips I learned here... trying to get rid of the damage...

I'd love honnest comments, encouragements, suggestions on how to do better next year...

Do you think my hair look healthier at all ? Was the TLC worth it ?

Thanks !

ps. please don't quote my picture ;)

Aveyronnaise
November 13th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Wow , It looks so much shinier and it looks like it grew quite a lot ! Felicitations !

hairobsessed1
November 13th, 2010, 11:31 AM
your hair looks beautiful- so moisturized and shiny. Out of interest what is your routine? would love some tips :)

growing2shine
November 13th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Okay my honest oppinion?...

I think you have gained so much thickness and shine. :D Beautiful curls, and I love the colour!
And of course congratulations with your anniversary! :cheer:

Spring
November 13th, 2010, 11:42 AM
It shows in the thickness and hemline... congratulations and happy anniversary

Avital88
November 13th, 2010, 11:45 AM
the henna really worked out well!! i love the shine ,color and volume!! it looks really good and yes better then before!! thumbs up!!Well done.

little_cherry
November 13th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Wow..what a difference the henna and herbal washing has done! Happy anniversary! :D

serious
November 13th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Wow, your hair is beautiful, so healthy and shiny!

And, the henna color is just gorgeous!

Congratulations!

triumphator!
November 13th, 2010, 12:11 PM
wow I love the color! your april picture is to die for :)

DuckyDot
November 13th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Lovely! Your hemline has thickened up so much! I love your natural curls and your hair looks so much better! Well done! The henna has given your hair a great colour and warmth!

Cailie
November 13th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Thank you everyone !

@ hairobsessed1, I will be back in a few hours (no time now) to write the things that worked best on my damaged and dry hair / my present routine (:

ericthegreat
November 13th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Your hair has grown tremendously! I love the new hemline you have, and it looks so healthy and thick. You have indeed been taking care of it better, it shows!

princessp
November 13th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Holy heck is that the same hair! Wow congratulations on one year and all that progress!

Alexannee10
November 13th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Wow ! The henna made a great difference ! Your hair is beautiful, and the difference between the first and the last pic is huge !

Comme je peux voir, tu es francophone ? Tu viens de la france ? :) J'suis du Canada!

Kristin
November 13th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Wow! It looks great! Congratulations!

EleanorRigby
November 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Your hair looks amazing and healthy, so shinier and beautifull, congrats

LisaMonster
November 13th, 2010, 08:23 PM
So beautiful!!!

<3OnHerSleeve
November 13th, 2010, 08:45 PM
wow, ur hair looks remarkably in better condition and has grown so much! congrats! anniversary threads are my fav!!!

Cailie
November 13th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Merci &#224; tous :)

Thanks a lot for all the comments. As promised, here are some things I did during the year (nothing you don't already know, I think :D) :

- choped 4 inches off (made a huge difference)
- dusted the ends every couple weeks
- S & D
- oilling (I love olive oil, but I used others too)
- shikakai wash once in a while (after heavy oiling and scalp massage)
- henna every1.5 / 2 months
- no heat, no iron, a wood comb
- hair usually in updo with hair friendly ties
- scalp massages
- increased my protein intake (food)
- usually co-wash or skikakai or soapnuts or bar (hennasooq)... sometimes a natural shampoo if needed
- sometimes a dilluted vinegar rince
- using mostly cold water on hair and scalp
- washing hair every couple days not too often

etc.

I honestly think that what made the most diffrence is the hair cut and stopping destructive behaviors (and using henna, oils, shikakai (etc), probably !)

christine1989
November 13th, 2010, 11:34 PM
The difference is huge! It look so much healthier and longer than in the beginning.

Sooze
November 14th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Oh your hard work was definitely worth it. Your hair is beautiful - and it's grown so much in a year! Love the curls.

FrannyG
November 14th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Oh my goodness, Cailie, your hair has responded beautifully to the good treatment you've been giving it. The increased thickness, the shine, the texture--everything about your hair has improved incredibly.

Congratulations on a year of being kind to your hair. Your dedication and hard work really shows and your hair is looking gorgeous! :blossom:

Yozhik
November 14th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary, Cailie!

Your hair looks to be in such wonderful condition now, and so much longer! I can't believe that you actually also got a 4 inch cut! Your hair must grow really quickly. :)

DavidN
November 14th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Congratulations, Cailie, on your 1 year LHC anniversary, and here's to many more!:cheer:

Oh, yes, you HAVE come a long ways, and your TLC has paid off, in spades, and I see a lot of shine and definite improvement in condition. Keep up the good work!

hairobsessed1
November 14th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Thank you for sharing tips cailie :)

jojo
November 14th, 2010, 07:27 AM
wow that really is such a difference, your hair looks beautiful x

lw8666
November 14th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Your hair look healthy, thick and shiny! It is beautiful! I love the color! Congrats on your one year!!

AnnaJamila
November 14th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! I love the texture of your hair, such beautiful loose curls! And thats a lot of growth, it looks fantastic!

~BoHemiAngel~
November 14th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Wow, Cailie, your hair looks AMAZING!! Can you tell me what type/color of henna you are using? :pray: I looked at the Henna Sooq website, but they have several varieties- and the color of yours is the EXACT one I have been looking for! It's beautiful!

<3 BoHemiAngel

ButterflyKissx
November 14th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Congratulations Cailie on making it to a year! Phew!:D and yes it looks just LOVELY and that it just brilliant growth! I wish I had those wurlies, curlies you have. :o

remidosi
November 14th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Wow!

The difference between the February picture and the November picture is especially astounding.

Nice work, and beautiful hair! :D

Debra83
November 14th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Looks like you're different people!!! Vous avez fait tres bien!!! Felicitations!!!/ You did very well, Congratulations - Keep up the good work!!!

jasper
November 14th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I think it looks softer and fuller. Happy hair-anniversary!

Chamy
November 15th, 2010, 06:49 AM
It really looks great! It looks so full and bouncy.

May i ask what TLC means? Im totally confused. :)

freckles
November 16th, 2010, 05:39 AM
It really looks great! It looks so full and bouncy.

May i ask what TLC means? Im totally confused. :)
usually stands for 'tender loving care' or some variant of that :)

OP, congratulations on your progress!

CrisDee
November 16th, 2010, 06:05 AM
...Do you think my hair look healthier at all ? Was the TLC worth it ?...

Are you kidding??? Holy GORGEOUSNESS, what a difference! Hard to believe it's the same head of hair, your hard work certainly has paid off. :flower:

DarkChocolate
November 16th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Wow! Really nice progress. It seems that henna thickened your hair quite a bit:) I love your color now too:)

Cailie
November 16th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Thank you everyone ! it is really motivating to read your nice comments :flower:

~BoHemiAngel~, to answer your question, I first used the moroccan henna (sometimes with katam about 60/40) and I recently tried the Rajasthani Indian Henna, which is supposed to be more red I think (?) (always from henna sooq, she is so sweet and I love her herbs / henna /soapbars, etc.)

I apply henna when I have a 2-3 cm regrowth (approximately)

I just love the ritual of henna most of all... and how it makes my hair feel stronger, healthier, and more easily "wavy" than curly when drying in a simple bun. Sometimes I miss my natural color, so I am happy many of you liked the new color. I am very happy about the change in texture though

~BoHemiAngel~
November 16th, 2010, 07:13 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH, Cailie! Keep on growin, girl, it looks BEAUTIFUL!! :cheer:

<3 ~BoHemiAngel~

Intransigentia
November 17th, 2010, 09:31 AM
The changes in your hair in just a year are simply amazing. Congratulations. I hope to be posting something like this ten months from now.

Avvoltoio
November 17th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Nice hair grow process, and yes your hair is much healthy :)

aenflex
November 17th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Congrats and def. great job on taking care of your hair! It look fabulous!

JamieLeigh
November 17th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Wow! That's a huge difference. Congrats!! :crush: It looks gorgeous and healthy.

autumnchild
November 17th, 2010, 10:58 AM
L:bounce::bounce:ks great, thanks for sharing your progress! Happy Anniversary !!

Tia2010
November 17th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Wow ! Your hair looks beautiful , healthy , and shiny ! :D I love the color too !

Lady_C_longhair
November 17th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Congratulations on such wonderful progress!:cheese:

TwilightBloom
November 17th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Your hair looks so beautiful, it is very inspirational to see what you have done in a year. congratulations..

Cailie
November 19th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Thank you again everyone ! :flower:

long hair lover
April 18th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Just Beautiful Cailie!