PDA

View Full Version : do you guys think I'm a redhead?

mariika
November 13th, 2010, 06:26 AM
my haircolour with flash:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6486&pictureid=88282
no flash, daylight:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6486&pictureid=88283
some people say this hair colour is what it really loks like:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=31036&dateline=1287001323&type=profile
but the catch is that it doesn't look like that everyday, it kind of switches colours or something... one day I look 100% mousey dark blonde and many other days I look like those two first pictures - do you guys think I'm partially redhead?.. or is it just a tint which doesn't count? but... I mean... does it look to you like blonde?

smileycat
November 13th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Dark blonde to dark strawberry blonde. Golden dark blonde? My significant other says my hair is "almost" strawberry, and your color is not dissimilar to mine. My hair does the same thing, by the way. Sometimes it looks what I think of as dishwater blonde, and sometimes the reddish gold tones come out more. My avatar is in full sunlight.

Very pretty hair, by the way!

ButterflyKissx
November 13th, 2010, 06:43 AM
def. a strawberry blond, or strawberry gold! BEAUTIFUL! I have always wanted your hair color! :) You have hair like an Scottish princess.

Unofficial_Rose
November 13th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Natural, medium blonde (lucky thing!). I don't see any red.

KittyLost
November 13th, 2010, 07:01 AM
I would say you were a blonde and lucky enough for it to change colour tints in different lights :)

Sooze
November 13th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Beautifully blonde, Mariika :)

Speculating, I suspect if you ever used a weak henna gloss you'd end up with fabulous natural reddish gold.

see_turtle
November 13th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I'd call your color blond...nice curls!

Dolly
November 13th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I see a little strawberry in there......your hair is a gorgeous color, btw.....

jojo
November 13th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Your hair is a true strawberry blonde and is beautiful xx

UltraBella
November 13th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I don't see red or strawberry blonde at all, just a nice pretty blonde shade with a bit of golden undertone. A lot of people mistake gold tones for red but there is a pretty big difference and I think if you put a true strawberry blonde next to you it would show how golden blonde your hair is.
It's really very pretty :)

Milui Elenath
November 13th, 2010, 09:23 AM
I agree with Ultra Bella. Golden undertones but not strawberry blonde. :)

Bianca
November 13th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I'd say blonde too.

My hair can go from looking very reddish, to greenish, to very blonde - in sunlight golden blonde, and inside sometimes even light brown. Isn't it great - apart from the green, which I get in certain lights, hate that :p

DuckyDot
November 13th, 2010, 09:25 AM
A very pretty Blonde with slight red undertones :)

princessp
November 13th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I would call you a strawberry blonde in those first few pictures, but probably a blonde in the last one. Either way mariika, you and your hair are lovely!

growing2shine
November 13th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I agree with everybody so fare. I think you are a lovely blonde with a golden undertone. Your curls a just to die fore!!! :flower:
And your face is AMAZING! Your are really beautiful. :)

Mariah!!
November 13th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Strawberry blond i would say.

Gumball
November 13th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I see your hair as blonde. I see the gold tones as opposed to strawberry or reddish tones. It's a great color!

Deborah
November 13th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I think you are a blonde. I don't see any reddish cast to your hair.

ktani
November 13th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Your hair looks like a medium golden blonde to me. It may have a slight reddish undertone that only shows up in certain lighting conditions.

My hair is dark blonde with some red in it. It is still considered by others and myself as dark blonde.

CaityBear
November 13th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Firstly, I LOVE your hair! It's so gorgeous. The colour and the curls!!

As for colour, I would call it a blonde with a touch of strawberry. And if you're seeing some red in it every now and then, I'd definitely say more of a strawberry blonde then, just not a strong strawberry blonde.

Valdeon
November 13th, 2010, 03:31 PM
It is most definitely a medium ashy blond with primary gold undertones and secondary red ones. Beautiful color, almost impossible to achieve with any kind of dye. You are really lucky! ;)

<3OnHerSleeve
November 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM
to me, strawberry blonde is a much more... orangy colour, it needs more strawberry to be a cross between blonde and red. You've definitely got golden blonde with a bit of ash. Absolute killer gorgeous colour though! My hair hasn't been that colour since I was about 6-7.

starlights
November 13th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I see dark blonde with gold no hint of red at all. Still pretty tho :)

Capybara
November 13th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I don't think you are a redhead (maybe it's my computer screen?) but you have pretty blonde curls!

spidermom
November 13th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I don't see red/strawberry, either. I see gold. The color is gorgeous. I'm not surprised that it changes with the light. Most natural blondes do, I think.

akuamoonmaui
November 13th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I see a strawberry cast in it! I'm laughing because there is no consensus! But whatever the outcome, the color is beautiful ~ hope you're not thinking of changing it!

Calaelen
November 13th, 2010, 06:16 PM
definitely golden blonde. Speaking as a hairstylist, and colour tech, your hair is in the warm range, and gold undertones. Many people mistake this gold for a red shade, and were you to ever colour your hair darker, say a brown, you'd definitely show gold tones there.

Demetrue
November 13th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Your hair looks reddish blonde on my computer screen. Whatever color it is, is it certainly beautiful!

squiggyflop
November 13th, 2010, 07:35 PM
i see blond with a bit of gold.. sorry but there is no red in there (at least not in those pics)
its easy to think that gold is red, but its not..

Hylia
November 13th, 2010, 09:07 PM
It looks strawberry blonde to me.

excentricat
November 13th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Maybe it's because an entire wing of my family has firey red orange hair and that's what I'm looking for, but I see golden blond and no red at all.

Nenwing
November 13th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Very pretty!! I see gold, but no red highlights. You could be a model!

invisiblebabe
November 13th, 2010, 11:42 PM
My husband says you are "blonde" and I agree. Haha.

freckles
November 14th, 2010, 05:12 AM
looks like dark blonde to me :)

Lize
November 14th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Gorgeous hair!! And you are very pretty. I think it looks more blonde to me than red.

Yozhik
November 14th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Very nice soft curls! I'd call it blond.

I don't see any red or strawberry in it.

curlymarcia
November 15th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I would say it is strawberry blonde

mellie89
November 15th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I'd say you are medium golden blond. My hair is very similar looking, only a bit darker I think. I've been called a redhead on a few occasions, and I'm always a little confused. I think many people mistake golden blond for strawberry blond.

Doesn't matter what you call it, your hair color is to die for!

mali
November 15th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Light blonde hair with golden undertones.I don't think you are a readhead.

nena_shawty
November 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Dark blonde to dark strawberry blonde. Golden dark blonde? My significant other says my hair is "almost" strawberry, and your color is not dissimilar to mine. My hair does the same thing, by the way. Sometimes it looks what I think of as dishwater blonde, and sometimes the reddish gold tones come out more. My avatar is in full sunlight.

Very pretty hair, by the way!

my hair is dishwater blonde too, my dad says and it does the same thing i have redish highlights and very light blonde highlights like under my hair its weird but i like it

PrincessBob
November 15th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I think you are solidly strawberry blonde.

nena_shawty
November 15th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I love the color ... and you r very beautiful!!

Avvoltoio
November 15th, 2010, 02:33 PM
you are a real blonde :)

Lianna
November 15th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I only see gold, too. I read somewhere a few days ago you had lighten with lemon, maybe before that it was strawberry blonde?

Valdeon
November 15th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Shall we make a poll or something? :D

feralnature
November 15th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I see blonde.

Your face is beautiful. You look like a model. If you ever change your haircolor, you might want to go red as it would fit your complexion. Very pretty!

jaine
November 15th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Just popping by to say I LOVE your haircut! I hope mine grows into a shape like that over the next few years. I love the layers.

The color is lovely. Looks blonde to me ... but I'm untrained in the subtleties of light hair colors!!

Piewee
November 15th, 2010, 06:28 PM
golden blonde?

lesbia
November 16th, 2010, 06:49 AM
no, definitely! you blonde is so nice :D I think it could be called 'light strawberry blonde' :)

mariika
November 16th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Thank you guys for liking my hair so much and thank those of you who said nice things about my face as well - it's just that those are really nice pictures

I only see gold, too. I read somewhere a few days ago you had lighten with lemon, maybe before that it was strawberry blonde?
Lemon didn't lighten much, I wasn't any more strawberry before I 'lightened' (I put quote marks there because it didn't really work) - I have earlier pictures where I'm the same colour.......

Shall we make a poll or something? :D
Looks like we do :D I was thinking about counting everyone's opinions one by one because I can't really say who's winning right now by only reading all the opinions. I am having a feeling those who say I'm blonde are in majority..............

Just popping by to say I LOVE your haircut!
Thanks :) I made it myself:)))) Yeah, the secret is layers but it was a dry hair cut, I cut separate curls - do that kind of cut if you can (yourself or have a stylist do that).

OKAY, I DID COUNT ALL THE OPINIONS :D
31 for blonde vs 14 for strawberry hints.......... Oh noes... Well, on the other hand a solid one third of opinions says I have some red tint in there :)