PDA

View Full Version : Should I trim?

Amraann
November 12th, 2010, 07:02 AM
My ends are to my hips ..... But sparse.
I call them fairy tail ends! LOL

Lately I am wondering if I should just chop it and have a thicker even hem line.
I will admit that the reason I am asking this is my friend is coming to visit.
The friend I have posted about a few times..... She ALWAYS tells me to cut it.
I must be PMSing. Because I usually could care less about what other people think.
If I chopped off a good 4 inches the ends would be even.
My aunt always says that my fairy ends are pretty.
(she is a hairdresser)
I am just not sure what to do.
I swear am shedding more then my golden retriever lately!

What is the opinion on this?

aenflex
November 12th, 2010, 07:10 AM
I love a blunt hemline, but it's just my personal preference :)

Valdeon
November 12th, 2010, 07:14 AM
My opinion is take off 4 inches. You will instantly get a thick even hemline. Not sure about the shedding rate though :rolleyes:

skaempfer
November 12th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Your friend who is coming to visit will go home again.

Picture yourself after her visit and try to imagine whether or not you would regret trimming just because she nagged you into it. If you cut it because of her, it will still be gone when she is gone. Maybe you will decide you would like a blunt hemline. If yes, then OK.

If not, picture things being reversed, and imagine how you, as a good friend, would feel bad if she did something she regretted just because you badgered her into it.
I think you would not like to make her do something she would regret, right?
Explain all this to her, and hopefully she will see not just how she is making you feel about your hair, but about your friendship?

Good luck.:cheer::flower:

Sundial
November 12th, 2010, 07:20 AM
If you like fairy ends on yourself, then just keep it that way. Are you thinking of cutting it because you are worried what your friend will say/think?

You can't please everyone. Just keep the fairy ends if you like them. Even if you chop off 4 inches, it does not guarantee that she won't find something else to point out. :rolleyes:

jojo
November 12th, 2010, 07:37 AM
It depends what you want, sod your mates opinion is her hair all that? if it wasnt would you say? like the above poster said she will go home but will you be happy with trimming off a few inches? if you are then go ahead and trim but if you like fairy tale ends keep them...its your hair do what pleases you!

Amraann
November 12th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Thank you all for replying.
In part my post was to follow the two week rule.
It makes it easier to decide if I can talk (post)about it I think.
I think that my friend would find something else if my hair was "perfect"
She once told me to get a tummy tuck LOLOL
(I am 5'6 and weigh 130 and have had 4 children)
In that situation my other friend told her she was crazy as she is not exactly trim. (she weighs like 300 lbs)

I don't think I would be happy if I trimmed it.
If it looked bad my daughter would not hesitate to tell me. (Her opinion I value)

spidermom
November 12th, 2010, 08:14 AM
You could wear it up while she's around.

Amraann
November 12th, 2010, 08:18 AM
You could wear it up while she's around.

I think I will! Since we are going to be cooking Thanksgiving dinner I can get away with that!

BTW your new snake pic totally brings out my snake phobia!
But my 14 yo loved it!
He was like "Mom, can I get one?"

tinygirl
November 12th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Gosh, the tummy tuck comment in conjuction with the hair comments, your friend doesn't sound like a very good friend at all, IMO.
However, we all have friends who are abrasive and blunt, which verges on rude so I wouldn't take much notice of her!

If YOU'RE happy with your ends, then keep the. I've always liked a blunt hemline myself, but the more I see fairytale ends, the more I really love them! Espeically at Classic and beyond length. Just do what makes you happy and for now, like Spidermom suggested wear your hair up when she visits!

Loreley
November 12th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't cut it just because a friend tells me. If you like it this way, don't cut it! But if you think it's too thin and you want to have a more even hemline trim 2" or so. That's not too much but can make a huge difference in the appearance of your hair. :)

Amraann
November 12th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Gosh, the tummy tuck comment in conjuction with the hair comments, your friend doesn't sound like a very good friend at all, IMO.
However, we all have friends who are abrasive and blunt, which verges on rude so I wouldn't take much notice of her!

If YOU'RE happy with your ends, then keep the. I've always liked a blunt hemline myself, but the more I see fairytale ends, the more I really love them! Espeically at Classic and beyond length. Just do what makes you happy and for now, like Spidermom suggested wear your hair up when she visits!

Yeah.. as I posted this I was thinking what I would tell someone else if they said this was their friend.
In my situation she volunteers at the park my husband runs so there is no getting away from this.

lindaton
November 12th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Wow a tummy tuck and trim your hair? I think you have received a lot of good advice here. Let us know how the visit goes.

And I agree with the snake phobia. I have to scroll real fast when I see that so I dont have nightmares. And my son would also love it.

Angeletti
November 12th, 2010, 08:49 AM
My advice is do what you want to do, if you don't want to loose your fairytale ends then keep them or do a small trim, but if you want something different then cut of several inches. As for you friend coming, I would just wear your hair up that way you don't have to hear her tell you to cut your hair.