PDA

View Full Version : Now that summer is here...

SlingMomEsq
May 31st, 2008, 04:14 PM
and I am wearing shorter (midriff) shirts, swimsuits, or sundresses (with cut outs) at times, I LOVE the feel of the hair grazing the small of my back and tickling toward my waist.

Anything you enjoy about summer hair?

Saranne772
May 31st, 2008, 04:18 PM
I love my hair shining in the sun. Not that I have seen much sun recently! Ive been in the basement studying for weeks. My mother said Ive got prison pallor! haha

kimki
May 31st, 2008, 04:24 PM
Summer is here?! Not in the UK! :D

Elainehali
May 31st, 2008, 09:03 PM
well, my hair is supposed to grow faster!

RavennaNight
May 31st, 2008, 09:11 PM
I'm looking foreward to the fabled summer hair growth spurt. I've never paid attention to it before, so I will be watching (my roots are hard to miss:p). I'm also looking foreward to summer clothes, driving with the sunroof open and windows down, and many barbecues with many lambchops and steaks. YUMMY!:D

rubyann
May 31st, 2008, 09:36 PM
We're heading to the beach tomorrow! Yay!

I'm hoping for a growth spurt this summer, too. With more open clothes, I do enjoy the feel of my hair tickling my back. Hooray for summer and warm weather clothes.:cheese:

sapphire-o
June 1st, 2008, 02:39 AM
Summer is usually my big shed and growth stall season. And I put my hair up all the time in summer, so no tickling back for me. :D At least summer here isn't too hot and intolerable.

Saranne772
June 1st, 2008, 07:12 AM
I hope my hair speeds up in growth too. It would be wonderful

Leia's_Advocate
June 1st, 2008, 07:21 AM
Weird, my hair doesn't grow at all during the summer, but I have a huge growth spurt from February to May. I guess my biological calendar is a little skewed.

I like being able to wear my hair down without worrying about it catching on bulky, fuzzy, rough winter fabrics.

Guenever
June 1st, 2008, 07:54 AM
The weather has always affected my mood, so in general I would say that summer/sunshine/high temperatures makes me more balanced, eases dark thoughts and makes life a little better! :) (I so picked the wrong place to live - Scandinavia is usually cursed with rain and cool summers.. THIS year it's different, though.. right now it's 25-30 degrees celcius and not a cloud in sight!! :D)
I hope that this positivity will eventually "spread" to my hair :wink: At least I now that my growth rate usually speeds up when the weather is hot^^

Sana
June 1st, 2008, 08:00 AM
well, my hair is supposed to grow faster!

I am looking forward for the faster growth too!:D Also I love summer as it makes updos look super cool;)

EdG
June 1st, 2008, 09:19 AM
I like that drying my hair is much less problematic in the summer than in the winter.

And when I'm wearing shorts, my wispy ends brush my calves! :D
Ed

ladystar
June 1st, 2008, 09:59 AM
I got to the beach every weekend. I LOVE THE BEACH!!! YAY

mommy101405
June 1st, 2008, 10:27 AM
I'm glad to wear my hair down and not worry about static.

sahiba
June 1st, 2008, 10:35 AM
Summers are never absent in here. I have to look forward to winters if I want to enjoy my hair your style.:)

Finoriel
June 1st, 2008, 01:32 PM
I enjoy most about summer-hair, that itīs drying super fast in the sun :wink: super fast means one hour instead of three.

Phalaenopsis
June 1st, 2008, 01:43 PM
I am looking forward for the faster growth too!:D Also I love summer as it makes updos look super cool;)

Yeah, summer updos, love them too! :cheese:

suicides_eve
June 1st, 2008, 05:05 PM
beach water/air makes my hair super curly! i love it Although i suppose its not the best thing for you hair to go through but i think 3 days of super curly hair is forgivable i could do w/o the stickyniss though lol

Dianyla
June 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
I do enjoy the faster drying time of warm and dry summer weather. Also, I like to get a little bit of natural highlighting from sunlight. :agree:

Unfortunately, I also have to wash it a little more frequently due to getting sweatier and oilier. That's really annoying! :shrug:

Cantabile
June 2nd, 2008, 09:06 PM
I enjoy most about summer-hair, that itīs drying super fast in the sun :wink: super fast means one hour instead of three.

Yes! I love summer for this reason! The drip-drip sensation of water going down my back during the winter is the only thing that makes me miserable. :p

jel
June 3rd, 2008, 02:06 AM
Summer is here?! Not in the UK! :D

Indeed not! :(

But in hot and sunny weather, I like wet bunning - keeps my head cool and the hair protected.

morgwn
June 3rd, 2008, 02:30 AM
We've had some lovely days of sunshine here (even if today is nasty weather) and I LOVE the sun. I've gotten a nice bit of colour on my arms now (I always do, even with sunscreen) and have my hair turning that lovely slightly lighter colour. I always say it looks 'sun-kissed'. :) Now with my wearing my hair up all the time, the underside's getting a bit of sun, too, which usually is my dark blonde/brown colour from the winter and with the top being bright blonde. It usually makes quite a contrast (and even makes it look like I get my hair chemically coloured :(), so I'd glad it's different this year. And I think I'm starting to hit my warmer-weather-faster-growth period; I never hit that last year since we had such a nasty summer.

Patrycja
June 3rd, 2008, 06:51 AM
I love the feeling of my hair against the back of my arms.Lets me know that I'm really getting to my goal!

lora410
June 3rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
I love the feel on my hair gliding on my back, and already my growth has sped up :D

Curlsgirl
June 3rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
I ADORE summer days!!! I love that my hair is longer than it has EVER been in my life! I love the way it feels on my back and arms when I let it down! I love how fast it dries compared to winter (2 hours to dry compared to like 6!) LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about it!

Oh yeah and I really like summer. :D

yogachic
June 3rd, 2008, 07:59 AM
I keep my hair up in a messy bun All summer, it gets so humid here in the Midwest USA.

FrannyG
June 3rd, 2008, 08:20 AM
Oh, I love being able to go out on my shady balcony in the morning with my hair still damp, drinking my coffee and reading a good book. To me there's no other feeling like it. :cloud9:

jojo
June 3rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
Another hopeful speedier growth girl here!

Lova
June 5th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I love the feeling of my hair on my shoulderblades<3

Forever_Sophie
June 5th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I do enjoy the faster drying time of warm and dry summer weather.

Absolutely! And I love having the need to wash my hair more frequently.

Saranne772
June 5th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I love the smell of cut grass (even if it hurts my hayfever) and the sound of combine harvesters. Helping spread the plastic sheets over the silage!