PDA

View Full Version : New updo i came up with (pic )

bunzfan
November 12th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Hi all, i thought some of you maybe interested in the bun i came up with while trying to figure out how to do a Celtic Knot on my hair.

I think its more of a variation on the lazy wrap though if you want to have a go let me know and i will post how i did it :)

Pictures of course

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/P101112006.jpg

I think i prefer this to the lazy wrap as i didn't like how it looked on the bottom of the bun and this makes it look like i have more hair than i do.

Harriet
November 12th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Looks good- how did you do it?

Dragon
November 12th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Looks good.

bunzfan
November 12th, 2010, 03:25 AM
Well i have never tried explaining a hairstyle before so here goes.

You pull your hair back like your doing a pony tail and then wrap your length round your thumb and wrap the rest a round your hand like you would with the lazy wrap. i put the fork in while my thumb is still round my hair, i insert the fork where i started and then carefully pull my thumb out.

I hope this made sense if not i can post pictures later.

tinygirl
November 12th, 2010, 03:52 AM
That looks lovely!

bunzfan
November 12th, 2010, 03:58 AM
That looks lovely!

Thank you its very comfortable to and holds all day for me.

Valdeon
November 12th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Looking good! What lengths are the best to rock this bun? :afro:

bunzfan
November 12th, 2010, 04:14 AM
My hair is just BSL when dry as its wavy, i think it depends how thick your hair is.

Valdeon
November 12th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Oh, I see. Anyway, No harm in trying, right? ;) How will you call it? :D

bunzfan
November 12th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Oh, I see. Anyway, No harm in trying, right? ;) How will you call it? :D

Hmm i can't think of anything right now maybe someone can come up with a good name :)

Try away i always try hairstyles that i don't quite have enough length for, i have done a variation on the nautilus.

Marjolein
November 12th, 2010, 04:37 AM
OK, I'm sitting here with my thumb in my hair, clearly not getting it :D.

What I now have is a loop that's sticking out of a bun with my thumb still in there. I have no idea how to insert a stick so that everything stays securely in place. Could you explain it again -sloooowly- so that even a nitwit like me would understand ?

bunzfan
November 12th, 2010, 04:43 AM
OK so i may not explained it the best way let me try again :)

Wrap your length around your thumb and then wrap the remaining length around your hand, try taking your thumb and hand away while still holding the loop and insert the stick there as your using sticks you may need more than one (i have been using a hair fork)

I will see what happens when i try using hair sticks.

Marjolein
November 12th, 2010, 05:54 AM
OK, if I insert my stick in this (thumb) loop, where does it come out to secure everything? Because that's the point where the bun starts to unravel for me. The hair that been wrapped around isn't secured anywhere.

Boy, that wasn't very clear was it? Sorry, hope you still understand something of what I'm trying to explain here.

tinygirl
November 12th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Thank you its very comfortable to and holds all day for me.

You're welcome :)
I'd love to see some step by step pictures for this! I'm so much more of a visual person!

Dreamkitty
November 12th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Nice, simple, elegant bun! simple is definetly the best!. :) And I love comfort as well as style. If a bun feels uncomfortable to me, I wouldn't really wear it. I am going to try doing this style later on, my hands are feeling too lazy at the moment lol.

jojo
November 12th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Hmm i can't think of anything right now maybe someone can come up with a good name :)

Try away i always try hairstyles that i don't quite have enough length for, i have done a variation on the nautilus.

I love it! you should call it the bunzfan wrap bun!!! please do a tutorial please!:D

bunzfan
November 12th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I love it! you should call it the bunzfan wrap bun!!! please do a tutorial please!:D

Thanks jojo i would love to do a few tutorials as i have a variation on the nautilus so people with BSL hair can do it ;)

I just need to work out how to upload a video from a web cam you can do a video that way can't you??

Embrace1913
November 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Okay I'm so digging this bun! :bowtome:

bunzfan
November 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Okay I'm so digging this bun! :bowtome:

Wow what a compliment thank you :D i am always trying to come up with new ways to do my hair there's a ex hair dresser for you haha.