PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I'm still lurking!

JennQ
March 11th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I've been registered since last June, and this is my 15th post. I was so bummed when the forums went down, I promised myself if they came back up I'd start posting and start a hair journal and post pictures and all of that good stuff. Ten days later, I'm still lurking! I even lurked over at TBB.
I'm going to try and turn over a new leaf. I truly appreciate what a great community this is, and I'd like to contribute a little more. I don't know what I'd do without all of you fabulous ladies (and gents) giving me tips and recipes.
Hair Summary: My hair was calf-length when I found y'all, but I chop some off occasionally, so it's knee-length now. I've been 'cone and 'poo free since last Fourth of July (since shortly after I found you guys). I never intended to have long hair, I just sort of stopped cutting it years ago. Until I found LHC, I never really thought about the condition of my hair, but I've always treated it pretty well. Now that I know more, I'm very good to it! Oddly enough, I'm now planning on cutting it up to about BSL with layers and growing it back out to CL. I'm also going to lighten it a bit with honey.
So, anyway, Hi!

tomm
March 13th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Welcome, JennQ! If you grew your hair out to calf-length, I am sure you have a lot of knowledge and tips of your own. We look forward to learning from you as much as you learn from us.

JennQ
March 14th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I wasn't actually trying to grow it out, I just stopped cutting it. Seriously! It kind of took on a life of its own after a while...

Accolady
March 15th, 2008, 11:30 AM
So glad you are here again, come on in and have fun posting with us.

Welcome, welcome, welcome back.

KM :)

zift
March 15th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Hello JennQ:waving:
Wow Your hair's knee length now! It seems like you're ahead of many of us;) But are you really sure you want to do all those things. Cut to BSL and layer... It will take to many years to grow it back you know and growing with layers to calf length ,is it a good idea? You might want to get rid of them sooner or later and it would waste even more time. Sorry for poking my nose in your business but it sounds unfair to me to cut a lovely knee length hair back to so short to grow back.:o