PDA

View Full Version : Did your hair shedding increase once your were at BSL?

bunzfan
November 11th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I had long hair as a teenager and i do remember leaving hair everywhere but, since i have reached BSL it is far more noticeable when i brush my hair strands come out as well as when i put my fingers through my hair and i notice it in the shower to.

Have any of you had a similar experience i am wondering if this could be an effect of my quite fast growth it just seems rather a lot :confused:

HairFaerie
November 11th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I have had BSL before. Then I cut it. From what I remember, it seems like it wasn't necessarily shedding more, it's just that is is way more noticeable than when you have shorter hair.

At BSL, I remember having to put on shoes and running my foot over the carpet to gather up the hair first before vacuuming, then running the vacuum only to then have to cut away the long hairs that got stuck in the roller! When you have short hair, I am sure it's the same amount of hair, it just doesn't cause the same problems.

Pulling away 4" hair in your hands feels like a lot less than pulling away 24" strands of hair.

So, perhaps it's just because of the length, you are noticing it a lot more now.

bunzfan
November 11th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I was wondering if i am noticing it more now due to my length and if you had this to thats probably what it is. I also wear it up most of the time so maybe that could be a reason to.

Watergallop
November 11th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I agree it feels like much more since I've been at BSL, but since I can't think of any reason why the shedding would increase due to length, it must be, like the others said, that it just seems like more because the hair is longer.

spidermom
November 11th, 2010, 02:36 PM
My shedding increases and decreases for no particular reason that I can determine. Maybe it has something to do with the alignment of the planets or the change of the seasons, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with length.

lhangel9
November 21st, 2010, 02:30 PM
My shedding increases and decreases for no particular reason that I can determine. Maybe it has something to do with the alignment of the planets or the change of the seasons, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with length.

I have to agree with this. My hair just seems to do what it wants. However I don't really see as much shedding since it reached BSL.