PDA

View Full Version : Hair Crisis! Argggh!

Jessclewlow
November 11th, 2010, 08:53 AM
hi guys!
well as you lot know ive been on here for about 6 months or so... and gained a great 3 inches so far - ontop of the 2 ive had cut off! woop.. and slowly undergoing colour recorrection to get rid of the black in my hair...

anyways... this week my hair has started doing something wierd... i havent been doing anything different to usual and used no heat... so im in a flap

basically the parts of my hair either side of my fringe have started going mad... the very ends of each hair strand seems to of gone on a crazy curl mission and they feel really wirey, frizzy... whilst the rest of the hair is fine and soft...
ive looked for damage on these parts and there are no splits etc... so im a tad confused... any ideas??? im going to try doing a superlong conditioning session tonight but all ideas are very very welcome!!!

kristymarie87
November 11th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I wish i could help! I've been here since April and what you describe is exactly what random parts of my hair is like! I still use heat - i did give up for a month but found no difference so gave up :S but i get these random bits that as you say go fizzy and wirey.

I deep condish once per week, i have tried oils, coney serums etc but i airdry all week and it makes no difference!! I will be interested to hear of any advice!

Jessclewlow
November 11th, 2010, 09:21 AM
i have completely gave up the straightners since may! *so proud* i still blow dry on the cool setting though cos my hair takes forever to dry otherwise...
im wondering if its the colour correction... but cant imagine it is as i had that done over 4 weeks ago and this is the first few days its done it...

maybe it was the hat ive been wearing :/ hmm

Anje
November 11th, 2010, 09:38 AM
My hair does stuff like that if I OD on protein, though buildup can do similar things and colored hair might want protein more than my hair does.

So before you do anything too drastic, I'd suggest that you clarify and do a moisture treatment like an SMT (preferably without proteins), and see if it's any better.