PDA

View Full Version : When I Hate My Hair...

Addy
November 11th, 2010, 06:00 AM
I braid it! :D

What do you do when you hate your hair?

Dreams_in_Pink
November 11th, 2010, 06:03 AM
I wash and try to blowdry straight. And fail miserably :D

I used to put on long extensions when i hate the length.

GeoJ
November 11th, 2010, 06:06 AM
I wear a scarf or bandanna over it.

DARKMARTIAN
November 11th, 2010, 06:07 AM
When I hate my hair I tease it....http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/neener1.gif

tinygirl
November 11th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Bun it with a pretty hair stick and put on some lovely make up!

Armelle
November 11th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Like you, I braid it! :D

MissBellydance
November 11th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Braid! Or up in a bun, which is for when it's very knotty and I have no time.

mrs_coffee
November 11th, 2010, 06:21 AM
It's usually because of my slowly growing out bangs, so I pin them back and put a bandanna or a scarf on my head.

Addy
November 11th, 2010, 06:23 AM
When I hate my hair I tease it....http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/neener1.gif

You always make me laugh! :D

DARKMARTIAN
November 11th, 2010, 06:37 AM
You always make me laugh! :D

Makes me happy to know that :)

ericthegreat
November 11th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Its time for an immediate CO washing. I rush home or anywhere I can take a shower and drown my hair in my favorite conditioner. After I rinse it out, my hair always feels right as rain all over again.

Viechen
November 11th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I put it back into a supertight bun and hide whatever's left under a scarf or headband... Sometimes a ponytail works well too because I can still see how long its getting :)

rags
November 11th, 2010, 07:07 AM
When it was long enough, I did like you and braided it. A nice tight Dutch braid and tucked the end up.

Nowadays, my hair is beginning the awkward phase of growing back out, and I'm using lots of clips and headbands! And hats! (thank goodness for growing out in winter) And I pretty much hate it every.single.day.

mellie
November 11th, 2010, 07:11 AM
...I put it in double buns (i.e. Princess Leia).

DarkMartian, you're awesome! :D

Neneka
November 11th, 2010, 07:23 AM
...I eat chocolate.

KittyLost
November 11th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I also braid it :) keeps it back and out the way and you're able to ignore it.

Alcenaia
November 11th, 2010, 07:35 AM
I let it down, and I remember the compliments I've gotten on it. :p

MarshMallow
November 11th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I pull mine back with a headband. Once it's long enough, I'll probably put it in a ponytail.

sherigayle
November 11th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I stick something pretty in it or use a pretty scarf. Even if I'm just around the house it makes me feel better.

Madora
November 11th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I'm a member of the braid brigade and loosely braid my hair. It's gentler on the strands and doesn't cause tension on the scalp.

Carolyn
November 11th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I hate it when I have one of those days or weeks. I'll do something nice for it like some kind of a deep treatment then I'll bun it up and out of the way. If that doesn't work I'll do some retail therapy for my hair and get some new products or hair toys. The one thing I don't do is run to a salon. That would only make things worse.

Monsterkitti
November 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Give myself a good head massage and then put it up in a nice secure bun, cover it in a buff/scarf and try to forget about it :)

Valdeon
November 11th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I wash it. Cant help it

spidermom
November 11th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I wash it (because I hate it most when it's greasey).

growing2shine
November 11th, 2010, 09:48 AM
When I hate my hair, I really hate it... Like I want to cut my hair to above my shoulders. But then I try to be calm and put my hair up in a nice tight bun and forget about it.
And no matter how much I hate my hair I never cut it because I will just miss it too much.

ange1ito
November 11th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I tend to apply coconut oil, headband for the choppy fringe and crazy layers at front and braided at the back with hair friendly pink bobble at the end! I am sure those looks people are giving me, are totally from admiration. :bowtome:

jojo
November 11th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I do an overnight DC, cover it with a shower cap and hide and ignore it! used to grab the scissors and then wonder why it wouldnt grow duh!! then get more annoyed!!!

GRU
November 11th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Pull a child's chopstick out of my pocket and put it in my 5-second bun.

Did this yesterday in my allergist's waiting room... frizz hit me in the face one time too many, and I showed it who was boss! :p

Loreley
November 11th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I put it up in a bun. :)

Eire
November 11th, 2010, 10:17 AM
...I eat chocolate.

LOL!

Universal cure :D

Henrietta
November 11th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I comb it, do a scalp massage and clip it back with a claw clip or I braid it and pin it up so it does not hang down.

But this is sooooo rare situation... Once per 6 months maybe, after a bad experiment or when I don't rinse out conditioner well enough:D

littlestarface
November 11th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I call it stupid then wrap it up in a bun with some hair screws and forget about it.

Avvoltoio
November 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM
i don't know if i ever hated it, but if it disturb me cause the weather is too windy(it nead to be really windy, cause i like if it move my hair :D), or i eating something i just do a ponytail :)

Anje
November 11th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I wash it. Or braid it and wash it at the next available opportunity.

Usually I hate my hair because it's misbehaving or feels coated or something. Washing solves all that.

*Seraphina*
November 11th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Sometime I hate my hair because it is short. Mostly I wear it up then :)

ravenreed
November 11th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Up and with a scarf or wrap over it. There in a store near me that does head wraps like the bikers' head wraps, but is beautiful, feminine fabrics. I have several, and am going to make a pattern off them since they never slip off like scarves do. I get nice comments on them too. I think this winter I am going to do this more often since I almost never wear hats and my head gets cold.

Avital88
November 11th, 2010, 01:13 PM
i ll put it up in a bun,messy one usually. or braid it and put it up then so i dont see the thin ends..

tinti
November 11th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I put it up in a messy updo. Just pony it, take little sections and fingercurl it, place them randomly with tiny claw clips and spread them out. When I hate it it's mostly because of the dang layers, so when I do this they can stick out as much as they want because it's the point. If that fails I just yell at it, put it in a bun and cover it with a loose knitted hat or my buff. I allways hate my growing out bangs, but I can't do too much about that but just pin it back or braid/twist them back.

HairFaerie
November 11th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I swear a lot and then just shrug and say "Oh well, maybe tomorrow it will look better...." I then try to just forget about it and the next day it's usually fine!
Or, if I really hate it, I put on a hat.

Debra83
November 11th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Depends what's wrong! I try to fix it. But, the other day I slept in and didn't have time to wash my hair (I usually do it in the morning), so I just braided it and went out the door. It was too cold outside for me to wet it and go....at least, I was feeling the cold that day and didn't want to be colder - because some days it's really cold and I do go out with it wet! Sometimes, I'll just claw clip it, and sometimes, I just let it loose. I play with it a lot at work now when we're having a quiet time. I'll braid it, or french braid it (my version), but no ties so it will just come loose. Weird, I never used to play with my hair so much when I had it much longer before!

Angeletti
November 11th, 2010, 01:24 PM
If I have to leave my house then I'll throw a hat on and braid it, but if I am just hanging around the house all day then I'll just throw it up in a bun and forget about it.

TinaDenali
November 11th, 2010, 01:31 PM
When my hair looks bad (when I hate it) I just put it up in a messy bun.

Coan-Teen
November 11th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Right now I just make up my mind to ignore it. My hair isn't long enough to braid or bun and I hate hats more than I've ever hated my hair. Haha. I just decide it's going to be a messy day and go about my business. It's just hair.

If I hate it on a day when I have to look nice I used to break out the heat styling tools. I've quit them cold turkey but who knows when the next day like that will come... Maybe I should give my flat iron away before I'm tempted to use it again.

Kittin
November 11th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Have my bangs trimmed. Its normally the bangs that make me hate my hair. If I'm trying to grow out my hair my fringe then I buy hair toys to distract me from how much I dislike my bangs.

nemileo
November 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Neneka (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=31967); good solution!! Chocolate fix it all! Me and my hair have our arguments from time to time, but just as it is when I argue with my partner, we end up loving eatchother more after.:D

ddiana1979
November 11th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I put it up in a low bun, then throw on a hat or scarf. Keep calm & carry on. Tomorrow will be a better hair day. :)

pennyroyal
November 11th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I put it in a ponytail, which is what i do everyday right now cause i hate the stage it is in. :( My bangs still annoy me tho cause they are too short for my ponytail.

Coan-Teen
November 11th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I put it up in a low bun, then throw on a hat or scarf. Keep calm & carry on. Tomorrow will be a better hair day. :)

How British. :D

curlymarcia
November 11th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I make a ponytail or a bun

May
November 11th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I swear a lot and then just shrug and say "Oh well, maybe tomorrow it will look better...." I then try to just forget about it and the next day it's usually fine!
Or, if I really hate it, I put on a hat.

That's a healthy attitude :) I try to do the same.

On days when I'm not loving my hair I put it up into a ponytail with the front pinned up into a pompadour so it has some style. :D I can't hate it like that so I win!

Naphthylamine
November 11th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I braid or bun it so that I cannot reach to cut or wash it.

Bene
November 11th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Baking soda wash and deep conditioner, followed by an ACV rinse. I find that when I'm hating my hair for a few days, it's time for clarifying and moisture. Hasn't failed me yet :)

Aria
November 11th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I wash it with my sulfatey shampoo and elastic-ponytail, actually. Guilty guilty! It's a habit built up over the years and I usually hate it because it's feeling dirty and/or in my way. Even when the ends were parched to death and half-matted from the change in environment last year before I learned a few tricks to help (I haven't found the perfect solution yet, though. I took off most of the damage and the remainder's still a little crispy), with it tied up like that I don't notice.

Qwackie
November 11th, 2010, 03:41 PM

Nice pun there.

I dump cold water on it, because there isn't much I hate except it sticks up everywhere.

chelseamichelle
November 11th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I put it in a bun :) Stick a headband on too

PiroskaCicu
November 11th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I usually do 2 french braids. They look cute and no one can tell how awful my hair is underneath!!

RitaPG
November 11th, 2010, 04:19 PM
If it's a little oily I use a bit of baby powder. If it's a little too oily I'll just wash it. If it's windy weather I do a french braid.
If my hair is just being stubborn, I make a headwrap :D

<3OnHerSleeve
November 11th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I S&D or put it up, it doesn't bother me too much any more

starlights
November 11th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I oil it!!!! if my hair is playing up i know its begging for that bottle of oil. My hair is an oil-aholic!

GRU
November 11th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I oil it!!!! if my hair is playing up i know its begging for that bottle of oil. My hair is an oil-aholic!

"Hello, my name is starlights.... and I'm an oilaholic..."

"Hi starlights... pull up a chair and join the group and tell us about yourself..." :D

xojennyxo
November 11th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Braid it for sure :)

Alexannee10
November 11th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Braid or bun for me !

FullMoonTrim
November 11th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I start to trim it, and layer it. It's actually pretty dangerous!

eezepeeze
November 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I slick it back with some water into a sleek banded pony....which I wore today ;-)

Katze
November 12th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Wash it with 'cones, blowdry (ok, blow DAMP, I am still careful!), style, and put lots of product in it to try to tame it into some semblance of order...

karadaema
November 12th, 2010, 05:59 AM
I clip it up in a weird puffy bun that looks neat from the front, and crazy in the back. Good thing I rarely see the back of my head.

Siava
November 12th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Wash it. I only hate my hair when it gets greasy.

Addy
November 12th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Today is another braid day. Ick!

I hate my hair because of my layers but I don't want to miss my length by cutting them out. So yeah, another day of hating my hair and a french braid to go along with the feeling. Least that looks nice! :D

Embrace1913
November 12th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I put it up in a bun until I figure out my next move lol:run:

BrightEyes7
November 12th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Throw it up in a top knot!

Raventresses
November 12th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Bun or wash it.... i usually hate my hair only when it starts getting greasy. i hate second day hair.

Nae
November 12th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Breathe in...........then breathe out..........

Then I slowly, slowly back away from the mirror, and try my best to go back to bed.

lajsa
November 13th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Either I braid it back or bun it and try to forget about it. But I rarely hate my hair :p Except for when it won't grow, when it won't hold an updo, when it flaps around everywhere, when it dries in the oddest ways to make me look like an idiot, and when it turns out it held on to my conditioner a bit more tightly than I thought when I was rinsing, leaving me with greasy, lanky hair. :D

But I love my hair. Really. :p

Theobroma
November 13th, 2010, 07:50 AM
When I hate my hair it's usually because the bottom 30&#37; of my length is so thin after a huge shed two years ago. I'll coconut oil it to feed the ends, bun it to hide the ends, and skewer it in place with my very favourite hair fork to make me feel better about how my hair looks. :)

emmabovary
November 13th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I don't hate my hair so much lately! :D But when I do, I usually French or Dutch braid it.

Aveyronnaise
November 13th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I go and dig up a hat or scarf or something to hide it a bit. I think I only strongly dislike my hair though,on days like today when it looks helmety and frizzy at the same time.

slythwolf
November 13th, 2010, 11:35 AM
The only times in my life I can remember actually hating my hair were when my mother made me cut it super short. That was when I was six and twelve. So...cry, and grow it out again?

silverjen
November 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Do a coconut oil treatment and come to LHC for inspiration. Which is exactly what I'm doing right now. :(

misslicorice
November 13th, 2010, 07:02 PM
I cut off quite a lot of damaged hair recently, so I hate it right now! To deal with it, I'm obsessively calculating how long it will take before it grows to a length I'm comfortable with. If hair grows six inches per month, I should feel better about this cut by April! :o

Flossy
November 13th, 2010, 07:40 PM
I usually do 2 french braids. They look cute and no one can tell how awful my hair is underneath!!

Me too! Makes me feel fresh and pretty.

squiggyflop
November 13th, 2010, 07:46 PM
i put it up in a scrunchybun.. which is what i do most days (because the only 'good hairday' is washday) and even on washday i often get fed up with it and back up into the beebutt bun it goes..

HintOfMint
November 13th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Depends on what goes wrong.

If it is my bangs, I flat iron them into submission. If at first I don't succeed, scorch scorch again. If they STILL don't work, I'll change the direction, and scorch scorch again. If they still don't work, I pin them back or put on a headband, and brace myself for an unattractive day. :p

If it is all of my hair, then usually it is a humid as heck day and so I put it up in a bun or let it get bushy and amuse myself with how frizzy it can get.

Prettyeyes23
November 13th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I'll put it in a cinnamon bun!

lacefrost
November 13th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I oil my hands, put in a braid or two framing my face and bun the rest. Sometimes I'll put in a pretty hair comb. I usually only hate it when it's all undefined and frizzy.

JulietCapulet
November 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I go to the salon. Or I do this thing where I braid both sides and then bun it.

Tia2010
November 16th, 2010, 02:00 PM
When I'm having a bad "I hate my hair day " I do a deep oil treatment and try not to look at it so the urge to chop it all off doesn't overwhelm me :rolleyes:

GreyArea
November 16th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I braid it.

feralnature
November 16th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Braid it and wear my pretty scarlett lipstick and nice black eye kohl in order to take the eye away from my hair.

And eat chocolate.

Tia2010
November 16th, 2010, 05:59 PM
And eat chocolate.

:thumbsup: I think I will add that to my bad hair day routine :D

sarah061
November 16th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I put it in a high cinnabun!

mrs carol
November 16th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Put it up in a bun then tie on a bandanna.

DARKMARTIAN
November 16th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Sometimes if im feeling particularly hostile....ill pick up some electric clippers and make sudden movements at my hair with it....

All the while saying stuff like "How do ya likeTHAT....huh, HUH"????

JK....I braid it, ponytail it or wear a knit cap.......:)

StraduX
November 16th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Whenever it rains and my hair gets extremely tangly in the next 15-30 minutes. I think it's mostly due to the way I treated my hair back when I first started growing it out, too much shampoo, blow drying, towel drying.

shawty
November 16th, 2010, 09:38 PM
...I pretty much just cry.
I only hate my hair after I've exhausted my other options though. I don't rush into the crying part. On a day when I can't get it to look cute in pigtails and I can't find a beanie to borrow and I have something serious going on that prevents me from wearing my CAT EARS, that's when I resort to crying.

Milui Elenath
November 17th, 2010, 03:53 AM
snip And eat chocolate.

:thumbsup: I think I will add that to my bad hair day routine :D

I like the idea of a bad hair day routine.

Step 1. Bun hair with something pretty and sharp. (Take that hair)
Step 2. Cover all mirrors
Step 3. Hide scissors
Step 4. Eat chocolate, (actually I prefer savoury :p)

Naphthylamine
November 18th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I am one of the braiders! Sometimes -even after I braid it- I continue playing with my ends, ripping off the breakages. When I come to my senses, I bun quickly not to ruin my ends further.

BeachBabe91
November 18th, 2010, 03:39 PM
...I eat chocolate.

Hahahaa.

I twirl/braid my bangs back and bobby pin them out of my face... it's long, awkward growth stage of my bangs that annoy me... or just throw my hair into a ponytail or braid if it's my hair.

firefly42
November 18th, 2010, 06:03 PM
i pull it up into a hat and ignore it for a day...or two...

or if it's a long term hatred i bun it and leave it until i feel better about or i HAVE to wash it.