PDA

View Full Version : when i was a kid...

starlights
November 10th, 2010, 11:42 PM
When i was a kid aged six i used to like playing braids with my other school friends and i remember my school teacher snapped and said to me;
"stop doing that. stop playing with hair, its so vain. Its only dead cells it doesnt matter."
The teacher in question used to have mad hair, thats the only way i can describe it, like the DOC from Back to the Future, :D except her hair was browny ginger. It was all over the place.
Has anyone else got funny stories of things people have said about loving hair too much ? :)

jojo
November 11th, 2010, 05:18 AM
ha ha! eat your crusts or you never have curly hair! and somebody told me rubbing mustard oil on my scalp and hair would increase the hair growth...but that one was true!:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

embee
November 11th, 2010, 05:47 AM
My hair is fine, thin, and straight - has been all my life, except for the original "born with" hair which doesn't last.

When I was in highschool I grew my hair out - not quite to BSL - and my highschool principal didn't like that look. She angrily told me that if I cut my hair short it would wave and curl and look nice.

Have to admit, her hair was lovely naturally wavy thick so she hadn't a clue about straight hair. My dad defended me and my hair was allowed to be long. :)

DARKMARTIAN
November 11th, 2010, 05:55 AM
When I was a kid I used to have a friend named Danny. Well his hair was not long by any standards.......but I would always tell him that he THOUGHT...that he had long hair. Man I was relentless.....I was on him about that for like two years! HAHAHA!!

I wonder if he still "thinks" he has long hair......:p

starlights
November 11th, 2010, 01:07 PM
ha ha! eat your crusts or you never have curly hair! and somebody told me rubbing mustard oil on my scalp and hair would increase the hair growth...but that one was true!:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:
that was me!!!
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

GRU
November 11th, 2010, 01:32 PM
ha ha! eat your crusts or you never have curly hair!

I'd always hear that bread crust would make your hair curly.... and it made me NOT want to eat them b/c my hair was TOO curly already! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/th_brillo2.gif?t=1289507503

Coan-Teen
November 11th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I always heard putting it up would make it fall out, but I think that's because my mother had no idea what to do with hair so she wanted me to keep it down. :)

TinaDenali
November 11th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I was always told that sleeping on your side would make that side of your hair stop growing. Hasn't proved to be true for me! :P

starlights
November 11th, 2010, 02:36 PM
where do the old folks get these stories from :D

paperwhite
November 11th, 2010, 02:42 PM

I got that old 'eat your crust' line from my mom and great aunt when I was a kid, too! And now I'm tempted to try mustard oil (look at all that dancing cheese! It must be good!). :)

marzipanthecat
November 11th, 2010, 02:54 PM

Oh yes, I was told I should always eat the crusts on my bread or my hair would fall out.

Also, I was told I should eat bread that had gone mouldy because then I would get blue eyes.

I think my family were trying to kill me...

starlights
November 11th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I got that old 'eat your crust' line from my mom and great aunt when I was a kid, too! And now I'm tempted to try mustard oil (look at all that dancing cheese! It must be good!). :)
http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/essential-oils/health-benefits-of-mustard-essential-oil.html

paperwhite
November 11th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the link, starlights! :)