PDA

View Full Version : Child Hair

jenwexler
November 10th, 2010, 08:42 PM
How long was your hair as a child? I really wish my hair was in the same condition it used to be with I was little. I feel like I took the beautiful long black hair for granted. This is sort of my goal length. I admire how beautiful child hair is. So did you have long hair? Short hair? Light? Dark?

http://i55.tinypic.com/160ziwn.jpg

trillcat
November 10th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Hair down to my butt, bangs, blonde, that blonde only kids have. Looks like it isn't real. Almost like bunny fur in texture and almost white.
My Mom spent countless hours trying to comb my hair out, but she never made me cut it!

jenwexler
November 10th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I know what blond you mean! It's kind of like platinum but it looks so soft.

Vermelha
November 10th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Can't say. As a child, my hair was never straightened and we had lots of shrinkage, so no one ever knew our actual length. It was only when it was chemically straightened and cut at the age of 11 that it was APL at that point.

I also had lighter hair as a child, but got strikingly dark at around 10.

CaityBear
November 10th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Yup, I had the platnium blonde hair until I was 10. And my mom let me dye it because she had leftover dye from her hair. It never grew back the same after that. :(

I had super thin hair has a child until my mom got it cut super short and ugly looking and then it grew back a bit thicker.

Can't remember the length when I was really little, but I had grown it out to waist when I was 12 then cut it.

Sundial
November 10th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Yup, I had the platnium blonde hair until I was 10. And my mom let me dye it because she had leftover dye from her hair. It never grew back the same after that. :(

I had super thin hair has a child until my mom got it cut super short and ugly looking and then it grew back a bit thicker.

Can't remember the length when I was really little, but I had grown it out to waist when I was 12 then cut it.

I wonder if dyeing changes the texture of the hair that grows out thereafter! I know it changes the texture of existing hair but it seems that my hair texture has never been the same since I started coloring it when I was 19. I wonder if hair color damages the follicles and changes the way hair grows or it is merely due to the fact that my hair texture could have changed as I got older.

I do miss the shine I had as a child though :p

Madora
November 10th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I had hair past midback because my mom would fashion it in long sausage curls a la mary pickford. I still have those curls. Mom saved everything!

jenwexler
November 11th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I was born with practically a full head of black hair. It grew into beautiful banana curls and then straightened out as it got longer. My mom LOVED long hair on me so I only got trims. Problem was my dad thought my hair was in my face too much so he had me cut it off to alittle above shoulder length when I was 5 and a half =/ The picture I posted of me was when I was 7. My hair grew back pretty fast and was up to my butt =D

Armelle
November 11th, 2010, 06:22 AM
It was kept cut above my ears and was golden blonde then dishwater blonde.

GeoJ
November 11th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I had really thick brown hair as a child, which I kept as short as my Mom would allow (I preferred buzz to pixie, she typically only allowed a really short bob). I had no interest in growing my hair longer until I started going through puberty.

tinygirl
November 11th, 2010, 06:30 AM
I had short (chin length to shoulder), curly hair (2b/c) hair. My mum wouldn't let me have it long because the curls were a pain to brush!
It changed around when I hit puberty, and I started to have it longer then.

jenwexler
November 11th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Personally I don't think curls should be combed. My cousin Crystal had a little fro when she was little and she brushed it. Now she doesn't and her curls are defined and beautiful. Same goes for my mom. When she brushes it it turned out frizzy. Using her fingers made her hair tangle free and less frizzy. When I was little I wanted curls like hers.

When I hit puberty Around 10, My hair was a little lighter like my dads, had a slight random wave, and my eyes wen from piercing blue to bright green. I do think my hair may have been lighter because I was always in the pool or sun for like 6 weeks each summer lol. Who knows.

KittyLost
November 11th, 2010, 07:29 AM
I had shoulder length golden brown hair that was beautiful. Kids hair always looks gorgeous in my opinion.

I wish I still had that natural colour, it went ashy during my teen years then I started to dye it.

rags
November 11th, 2010, 07:59 AM
I had that white blond hair, down to my butt with bangs. Then I grew the bangs out. I chopped it at 14 because I was showing horses and it was a hassle for the helmet. It stayed around APL all my teen years, and I grew it out again around 20. It did turn to that horrible 'ashy blonde there's no name for this weird color" when I hit puberty, but I never dyed it.

Dani
November 11th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I had classic length blonde hair throughout my whole childhood, until I chopped it off to collarbone length when I was 13; it started getting to be darker blonde when I was 11 or 12.

enfys
November 11th, 2010, 08:14 AM
I was born with black curly hair. It straightened out and lightened, not it's darkened again, but a fairly red brown. It was fine now it is medium.

It was always around elbow length. In my mid teens I grew it out to classic, then cut gradually to BSL in my late teens/early twenties.

jenwexler
November 11th, 2010, 08:31 AM
My hair was pure black as you can see...Now my natural roots are dark, but a golden brown only in the sun.

Night_Kitten
November 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I had upper-thigh length hair when I was 8, but I had to cut it because I couldn't take good care of it on my own... So it was cut into a chin-length bob and staid that way till I was 12 or so, then I grew it out to ~waist, and in 10th grade I cut it short again, first into a bob and later into a short pixie (a teenage rebellion of a sorts)... And after a couple of years I realized I want long hair, and started growing it out again and only trimmed it since...
The color was alittle lighter, but pritty similar to what i have now...

Lianna
November 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I had mid back light blonde hair. It's not even as wavy/curly at the bottom as it was.

MsBubbles
November 11th, 2010, 09:29 AM
It did turn to that horrible 'ashy blonde there's no name for this weird color" when I hit puberty, but I never dyed it.

Thank you for not uttering the dreaded 'dishwater' word :)

spidermom
November 11th, 2010, 09:38 AM
It varied between APL and short-short.

ange1ito
November 11th, 2010, 09:48 AM
My mother really cherished my hair and grew it to classic length for me until i reached puberty and began choping and changing colours, i almost grew it back once as an adult but got so stressed from the upkeep that i just chopped it shorter and shorter!! Here I go again...

jenwexler
November 11th, 2010, 09:54 AM
How short do you have it now?

growing2shine
November 11th, 2010, 10:20 AM
As a child my mom always had my hair cut into a longish bob. I was born with a head of black curly hair. Then when I was about two my hair went much lighter, like a warm blonde. And since then my hair has become a little darker and more red. :)... And pin straight!

jenwexler
November 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
So you have natural red high lights? That's beautiful =]

pepperminttea
November 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Finer in texture, slightly thinner than it is now, but I was always told it was thick. Tangled like the devil (it still does, but I didn't wear it up or comb it then). Blonde until around age 7, I think - I was a blonde toddler, but there's also a photo of me somewhere from age 9-ish with APL brown hair, so somewhere in between it switched. Never got really long; I think it reached BSL a few times, but generally kept nearer SL/APL kind of area, apart from one occasion when my grandmother cut it to my chin. She never heard the end of that one.

littlestarface
November 11th, 2010, 11:02 AM
My hair was more curly and much blacker and from top to bottom was thick.

Loreley
November 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4250&pictureid=68892

I'm only 2 years old on this photo. I wish I had this colour and texture now. :D
My mom told me that her friend's daughter (same age as me) was still bald when I had this hair. :)
I usually had waist length hair when I got a bit older, tailbone length when I was a teenager.

Avital88
November 11th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Wow i love the black hair !! cute picture too, my hair ws really thin and medium brown until 8, after my mum gave me a bob and it got way thicker from then.
My natural hair color now is brown with some red shine.

akuamoonmaui
November 11th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Waist and straight. Not sure what happened....

growing2shine
November 30th, 2010, 08:41 AM
So you have natural red high lights? That's beautiful =]

:o I don't know if it's me your complementing...
But if it is; thanks! :D

mellie89
November 30th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I had white-blond, curly hair that darkened to a light golden blond around age 3 or 4. It stayed roughly the same color until puberty, but it straightened out almost entirely.

My mom kept it cut around ear-length until I was old enough to decide that I wanted it longer, at which point I grew it past my waist.

Adiva
December 1st, 2010, 01:43 AM
Here is a pic of me at 4.5 years old on my first day of school. My hair was dead straight but held waves well when it was plaited. It's quite a bit darker now and I have those waves after washing it but they unfortunately don't last long. I grew it longer until I was about 10 and my mum cut it off to shoulder length because I wouldn't look after it.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/shellandshane/Hair%20Album/05firstdayschool.jpg

Antipodienne
December 1st, 2010, 02:53 AM
Mine was super thick. Only part of it is up in this photo!
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac346/Pearlsintern/Untitled-2.jpg
I started out a strawberry blonde, almost redhead, progressed to white blonde from spending time in the sun, and it has gradually darkened as I have aged.

Flossy
December 1st, 2010, 04:49 AM
Even after the years of highlighting I have put it through, my hair is the same texture it has been since I was a child. My mum never made me grow it, or chop it, and I seemed to grow it to waist or hip, then chop it to shoulder length and grow it out again.

I have one photo, I wish I had it with me to scan, where it was at it's longest as a child, down to my hips, maybe even tailbone. I was about 11, and it hasn't ever made it down there again. :(

rena
December 1st, 2010, 05:59 AM
Wow...So you lost your curls? That really happens?

Bonkers57
December 1st, 2010, 07:29 AM
I was born with a little bit of peach fuzz and didn't have much more than that for a couple of years. Here I am at three:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/Amaryllis_Dance/Easter1960.jpg

My hair looks white in this pic. My mom said it looked like I was wearing a feather cap. Now, my hair's every bit as flyaway and thin - just not such a pretty color! :laugh:

jenwexler
December 1st, 2010, 08:19 AM
I have been told hair can change color and texture every 7 years. Woah!!!!

mira-chan
December 1st, 2010, 08:20 AM
Short dark hair, about the same color as I have now, just ear length at most until I was six. At six years old I started growing it out and it was from waist to tail bone from then on. It was a more medium texture and 1c/2a wavy.