PDA

View Full Version : When did you first feel like a longhair?

Synthemesc
November 10th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Just managed to get all of my hair into a secure bun with a single hairstick. Hey there longhairdom, long time no see :D

So has anyone had a moment like that, when they first thought "oooh, my hair is long now!"?

Capybara
November 10th, 2010, 06:38 PM
When it touched my elbows ... that felt extremely long!

ETA: To clarify, my hair has been around BSL for pretty much all of my life, except when I grew it to hip/-tailbone 3 years ago and chopped to apl to donate it. So, it took a while for it to feel "long" - because I was so used to having long hair :p

Vermelha
November 10th, 2010, 06:54 PM
When I pulled out that massive drain clog the other day.

Madora
November 10th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Years ago, when my hair was finally waist long. But I think the "longhair" love really hit me when my hair went past 40 inches. There was so much more I could do with it!

greentealeaf
November 10th, 2010, 06:55 PM
When my hair got to be waist length.

artiste
November 10th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Today! When I noticed that it had finally hit bsl when hanging in front of me. ( it always looks shorter hanging in front that right down my back..)

Synthemesc
November 10th, 2010, 06:57 PM
When I pulled out that massive drain clog the other day.

Heehee, can't wait to be pulling massive hair globs out the drain. :D

aimison
November 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM
When I recently hit waist length. Also--whenever I pull the shower drain monsters out.

Vermelha
November 10th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Heehee, can't wait to be pulling massive hair globs out the drain. :D

Hee hee hee! :D I was embarrassed and proud all at the same time :cheese: I was like, yaaaaaaaay! I have a clog! But I don't want to pay the plumber again, so I had to change my routine. Pretty soon, I'll be outside with a bucket of warm, sudsy water. Can't wait!;)

Vermelha
November 10th, 2010, 07:03 PM
When I recently hit waist length. Also--whenever I pull the shower drain monsters out.

Shower drain monsters are pretty much the sign of someone having long hair...;)

Annushka
November 10th, 2010, 07:03 PM
When a coworker started saying I should cut my hair, and started pointing out ladies with long hair and saying how stringy/bad it looks. :rolleyes:

Synthemesc
November 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM
When a coworker started saying I should cut my hair, and started pointing out ladies with long hair and saying how stringy/bad it looks. :rolleyes:

Sounds like someone's jealous.

JulietCapulet
November 10th, 2010, 07:11 PM
When someone on this forum said I was one. :-)

Vermelha
November 10th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Sounds like someone's jealous.

Totally agree. Jealous people will always say long hair is "gross/unmanageable/nasty/unkempt/overrated/other jealous adjective here."

With I wanted to mention; My sister argued with me about my hair. I told her that I'm trying to keep my hair from breaking. She said "Hair breaks, that's just what it does." I responded, "Well, then what is deep conditioner for then?" She was silent after that.;)

Vermelha
November 10th, 2010, 07:14 PM
When someone on this forum said I was one. :-)

Well, you are =D Your hair is pretty. If my hair gets to your length, I would be perfectly fine :D

Rivanariko
November 10th, 2010, 08:25 PM
The first time I had to pull it out from the top of my jeans :) That's when I finally decided that it was actually LONG!

I'm another one of those "long hair all my life" types though. I haven't had short hair since I was about 8 years old, the shortest it's been was about APL in high school for a play I was in. It's been right around BSL/waist other than that, until I joined LHC. Now it's Tailbone and finally feeling long :)

Also the first time I took my bun out and someone went "HOLY COW YOU HAVE LONG HAIR!"
...doesn't help that my hair is really fine, so my bun is fairly small in comparison, people don't know how I can fit that much hair into a small little knot!

eezepeeze
November 10th, 2010, 09:39 PM
When I could finally do Elizabethan hair taping and the braids actually crossed enough at the top that it looked like a complete circle instead of odd Heidi braids. And just recently in the shower when I could feel my wet hair against my WAIST. Yay!!!

christine1989
November 10th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I used to be at waist length in highschool and I always felt that was long.

Debra83
November 10th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Haven't arrived yet!

sibiryachka
November 11th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Just in the past couple of weeks, when I realized my hair is now the longest it's ever been.

Valdeon
November 11th, 2010, 09:13 AM
my hair has been around BSL for pretty much all of my life. So, it took a while for it to feel "long" - because I was so used to having long hair :p
Wow, the same for me! BSL feels like nothing, so I usually get frustrated and cut it even shorter. But NOT this time! I'm gonna make it to really long hair somehow... I hope :o :D

jojo
November 11th, 2010, 09:15 AM
when I thought a wasp was trying to sting me and I screamed, then realised it was the end of my braid ticking my face, all I may add with 20 odd witnesses!

Yozhik
November 11th, 2010, 09:42 AM
When I caught my hair in the crook of my arm the other day!

Like Jojo, I freaked out and jumped, but luckily I didn't scream. ;)

Alvrodul
November 11th, 2010, 10:01 AM
When I could finally do Elizabethan hair taping and the braids actually crossed enough at the top that it looked like a complete circle instead of odd Heidi braids. And just recently in the shower when I could feel my wet hair against my WAIST. Yay!!!
This!:D
I also get that "long-haired feeling" when I am undressed and have my hair loose, and feel my hair tickling my back. :cool:

Eireann
November 11th, 2010, 10:18 AM
When I first joined LHC, even though my hair wasn't that long yet (between APL and BSL), was when I started acting like a long hair! Around waist (this past summer) was when I really felt like I had arrived in the long hair brother/sisterhood.

Carolyn
November 11th, 2010, 10:28 AM
I've gone back and forth from shoulders to a little above waist my whole adult life. It would start feeling long around mid back length. Then I would take a stupid pill and cut some off. So I kept doing it over and over. Now I don't think mid back is long at all. How perceptions change!

pepperminttea
November 11th, 2010, 10:47 AM
A couple of months ago, not long after I hit waist for the first time, when I saw my length photo pre-trim, and I thought "it's finally starting to look long," though it doesn't yet feel it. Just after I took that unfortunately I trimmed two inches, but my hemline and ends are now much improved, so. :)

cmnt831
November 11th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Mine's past waist and I still don't feel like a longhair. That may be because I've grown it longer in the past and I'm still measuring from that. That and the curl can make is shrink a lot when it has a mind to. :p

Juneii
November 11th, 2010, 11:20 AM
when it got stuck in the waistband of my pants :o

akuamoonmaui
November 11th, 2010, 11:21 AM
When it started to tickle the back of my arms. Also, when I started getting looks from people in public. :thumbsup:

Henrietta
November 11th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Mhm... I felt it twice. When I was looking in a mirror just before a trim. I have no idea why I always feel I have to trim when I feel that my hair is long. Maybe because I feel save "oh, it's long already so I can trim a little..."

Angeletti
November 11th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I would have to say when the ends started reaching tailbone length. I have always had what society considers long hair, right around mid back length, but for some reason never saw myself as having long hair, it was just something I was used to. It's now halfway down my butt so I finally feel like I have long hair : )

Avital88
November 11th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I still dont feel like i have longhair!Everytime i think : another inch or 2 and i have long hair,but then i gained the inches but the feeling sticks.
So i guess i need another 4 to 5 inches,then im at hip and i must feel long then!

Bene
November 11th, 2010, 02:26 PM
I haven't gotten to that moment yet.

Coan-Teen
November 11th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I'm still waiting for it this time around but I do look at old pictures of myself and think, "Oh my! It was long," though I don't remind thinking I had long hair. ^_^

curlymarcia
November 11th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I still don't feel it long. I'm just at the top of my bra strap, and can wait to get to bottom of the strap. I think passing bra line will be enough long for me :)

Anadyomene
November 11th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I guess that I felt like I had long hair when I sat on it for the first time. Now it is on its way to my knees, but some days it still doesn't really feel long to me. It does however feel long to me when I brush it because I can't quite reach the bottom of it anymore without lifting it a bit.

starlights
November 11th, 2010, 05:13 PM
when it passes my chest at the front lol thats when my friend says "ooo look you got mermaid hair" !! :D

xojennyxo
November 11th, 2010, 09:02 PM
When my hair finally reached BSL and when I got comments all the time of how long my hair is

Cheeks1206
November 11th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Even when my hair was mid-back to hip length, I don't really remember thinking "wow, I have long hair." It just always was. Now, since my hair has been APL to pixie for the last 5 years, now it is starting to feel like it's getting longer. Of course, that's only when it's wet and BSL-ish. When it's dry it still feels short, as it likes to hover around APL.

Robbin
November 11th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I still don't feel like it's really very long. However, I had it up daily since early spring and when the cat saw my hair down for the first time in months, she kind of freaked. So it's long to others.... I'm waiting patiently.

drquartz1970
November 11th, 2010, 10:02 PM
it started to feel really long when i caught it in the car door and being yanked on by the armpits.

Avvoltoio
November 11th, 2010, 11:30 PM
i don't feel it long, propably i would feel it long and become more happy with it when it will have more weight, and the length will be at least at my tailbone, but i would not stop growt here. :)

Arniky
November 11th, 2010, 11:44 PM
felt long when it was almost midback could easliy ponytail/bun it.

MissMB
November 12th, 2010, 01:50 AM
"Shower drain monsters", LOL!! That's the truth.. especially the random clumps of fallen, accumulated hair on the carpet by my desk chair. My vacuum cleaner also suffers. :bounce:

DiablitaNoir
November 13th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I started feeling like a true longhair when it got past APL and I could see the ends of my hair when I lifted my arm. However, now that my hair is waist length, APL doesn't seem that long to me anymore even though APL hair is actually considered long.

princessp
November 13th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I've always had my hair BSL -- TB and I've always felt like a long hair with those lengths. But oddly enough since coming to LHC, I no longer feel like a real long hair. This is the first time I am going to try to get past TB, I am hoping then I will feel like a true long hair :)

Piewee
November 14th, 2010, 05:41 PM
When people started telling me when I would go to the hairdresser to get it cut, haha.

MNoelH
November 14th, 2010, 05:57 PM
When I trimmed (about four inches) and nobody noticed.

jane53
November 14th, 2010, 06:00 PM
1965 .........

FrannyG
November 14th, 2010, 07:20 PM
My hair has never been longer than 28 inches, which was sometime during my first year here at LHC. I've had to cut off damage since, and I'm only at BSL, and have never had hair as long as waist length. Yet.

However, I first felt like a true longhair (at heart, at least) when I ditched the heat appliances, damaging products and started really caring for my hair when it was only at about APL.

I am going to grow my hair as long as it will grow and still look pretty, but no matter what length I can achieve, I am and will always be a longhair now.

Cirafly24
November 14th, 2010, 09:22 PM
When it got stuck in the waistband of my jeans. Sometimes I still don't feel like it's long, though!

lhangel9
November 22nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
So has anyone had a moment like that, when they first thought "oooh, my hair is long now!"?

No, not yet....got a looooooooooooooong way to go:(

Jadewtch
November 22nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
About once a year, usually in the spring, I used to chop off my hair so it'd be short enough to pull back - barely. I've got a hair toy that would let me fake a bun when my hair's too short for a normal one.

When my hair gets too long to work with the toy, (a little below shoulder) it's getting long. Right now, (slightly below bsl) is probably the longest my hair's ever gotten because I always get bored with the same old thing and chop it off.

Hair toys have been keeping it interesting this time around and hopefully I'll make it to waist length. (damn you and your expensive hair toys etsy!) ;)

jasper
February 15th, 2011, 08:09 PM
When it got stuck in the waistband of my jeans. Sometimes I still don't feel like it's long, though!

^ this.
and when it became apparent that one shed hair on its own could become a frightening hairball.

Luna12345
February 15th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I finally feel like a long hair today since my hair is finally past shoulder length when straightened but i realise it's becomeing alot harder to take care of my hair now!!...It's ggetting on my nerves =(

AspenSong
February 15th, 2011, 11:39 PM
I'm still waiting to feel this way! =/
I'm still 2-3 inches from waist, and in my mind for some reason I equate tailbone length on me as "long". Anything under that just still seems like "eh" to me.

*sigh*

CaliforniaAnne
February 15th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Only recently when I re-attained my former length (I neglected taking good care of my hair for a couple years) or (and I'm sorry if this is gross...it's a descriptor..eep!) of top-of crack length (soooorrryyy!!). It's a length that people have started to comment on, the hair around it has started to thicken up, and I feel pretty damn cool! :D

krissykins
February 16th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I think more recently when I started wearing my hair down. I have relatively thick hair, but my buns still look kinda tiny for the amount of hair I have. So when I take my hair down, I've been getting "WOW I didn't realize your hair was long!" comments.

Endymion's_Star
February 16th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I've always had long hair, (apl/bsl ish) but have never really thought of it as loooong, because I get it trimmed so often, cause it grows fast.

Normally I scoop it up into a barrette or ficcare and forget about it for the day, except a few weeks ago, I joined a new gym, and was taking my hair out of a plait/bun/thing from my work out, and a woman was staring at my hair! She told me her hair never really grew longer than shoulder length, and was rabidly envious of my just below-bsl locks... bit of a shock!

The other one was less weird, and more hilarious... when I got in the car with the other half the other day, and my favourite barrette had so much hair in it, it died... and pinged out, hitting him in the ear! >.<

Amelia
February 16th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm really close to waist now, about 3 or 4 cms to go (1.2in/1.6 in) and it still doesn't feel like i have long hair.

Probably doesn't help that my hair being thick and curly it feels like it never grows enough. I'll have to grow to hip to have it at waist, because it shrinks sooooo much.:justy:

Kherome
February 16th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I still haven't felt like I have long hair.

Newniepg
February 16th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I think I am slowly getting there, my hair has started really annoying me in bed if it is just braided. I suppose if my hair 'needs' to be up in order to be out of my way then I am nearly there.

I think elbow length might feel long on me, but then my definition of long keeps shifting ever downwards.

AgnesONutter
February 16th, 2011, 10:03 AM
For me, I start to feel I have truly long hair when my ends hang out if I do the bend-over-and-wrap-with-the-towel after showering. But then, I've had hair around waist length most of my life...so waist just feels normal.

vanillabones
February 16th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Never... I've never felt like I've had long hair... never gone past APL and that was 10+ years ago it feels like