PDA

View Full Version : Where does your hair grow fastest?

jenwexler
November 10th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I noticed the my hair grows fasted behind my ears...Some hairs show 3 inches of growth while others just show about an inch and a half on other parts of my head but I don't know why. Have you noticed anything similar?

Mairéad
November 10th, 2010, 12:31 PM
My hair does that too. In general the hair around my face grows a lot more.

jenwexler
November 10th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I wonder why that is. My bangs grow pretty fast too

aenflex
November 10th, 2010, 12:47 PM
My legs!! :)
Wish I were just kidding.......

DARKMARTIAN
November 10th, 2010, 12:54 PM
My face......:o

jenwexler
November 10th, 2010, 01:11 PM
My leg hair grew faster when I hit puberty but now that my hormones have calmed down it isn't as bad. but I shave almost every day so It's hard to tell.

triumphator!
November 10th, 2010, 01:55 PM
My armpits.... wish that were actually funny... :rolleyes:

I think the hair on my head grows at a pretty concise rate, actually.

Qwackie
November 10th, 2010, 01:59 PM
The top of my head. It's honestly pointless to get layers for me, they grow back so fast. Besides that, my legs. My arm hair grows soooo slowly. A close second is my pits. :P

lajsa
November 10th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Ah, a thread to possibly save me from having to create a new one!

I measured my hair the other day and found it hadn't grown at all (probably it has grown a little though, my first measurement back in august might be faulty but anyway), and yet I feel like some of the the thinner hairs around my face and in my nape has grown like two-three whole inches in these three months. Is it even possible that those hairs just RACE away in length compared to the rest? Or is it just that I've started wearing my hair up and notice them more?

:p

Flossy
November 10th, 2010, 02:04 PM
My hair seems to grow faster in the very back, but I just realised those hairs would hang down, making it look like they are longer, just because they are lower on my head. I don't think that I've ever realised noticed any hair truly growing faster. Apart from my legs...

pepperminttea
November 10th, 2010, 02:29 PM
It's probably an illusion because I don't want the hair there so much, but I feel sure my facial hairs (upper lip, chin and eyebrows) grow faster than my scalp hair. :o

Madora
November 10th, 2010, 02:38 PM
The right side hair grows faster than the left side, for some reason.

enfys
November 10th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Everything except my scalp grows about 1" a day (possibly exaggerating...). As far as my scalp goes, it all seems quite consistent. Not a scientific way to check but if I hold it up 6" higher the ends look like where ther were a year ago. Shame my layered front bits don't grow faster. :(

jenwexler
November 10th, 2010, 02:44 PM
It's def not an illusion for me. I compared hairs from behind my ears and from top of my head in the light and the line of demarcation shows that my hair behind me ears definitely grows faster.

Anje
November 10th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Germany!

Seriously, I gained something like 4 inches in 5 weeks while visiting Germany when I was in high school. It was impressive enough that other people commented on how long my hair had gotten in a month.

On my head, I think it's the back. I don't have one specific section that grows faster, but the sides definitely grow slower.

girlcat36
November 10th, 2010, 04:18 PM
The very back top part of my head(is that the 'crown'?). It grows much faster than the rest, giving me a V hemline.

jenwexler
November 10th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Germany!

Seriously, I gained something like 4 inches in 5 weeks while visiting Germany when I was in high school. It was impressive enough that other people commented on how long my hair had gotten in a month.

On my head, I think it's the back. I don't have one specific section that grows faster, but the sides definitely grow slower.

How different was your diet in Germany? I have a feeling their food is fresher there.

Anje
November 10th, 2010, 04:46 PM
How different was your diet in Germany? I have a feeling their food is fresher there.
Definitely less processed and fresher food. The balance of fruits/veggies, meat, etc. didn't seem that different, though.

jenwexler
November 10th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Germany!

Definitely less processed and fresher food. The balance of fruits/veggies, meat, etc. didn't seem that different, though.

I have a feeling their meat is from local farms. According to my professor, meat in US mainly comes from 12 giant farms in the US. Imagine the preservatives they use to ship it all out. That's why my stepmom claims she doesn't cook meat. I still love to eat meat anyway though but now I am definitely aware of the chemicals. My professor let me try some vegetables from his garden and I couldn't believe how tasty they were! I would love to live near a farm or have my own garden.

enfys
November 10th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Germany is a seven day 18 hour walk away...so if I leave now I'll be at classic by Christmas...that'll knock a whole year off my time!

jaine
November 10th, 2010, 05:49 PM
The nape of my neck seems the slowest. So I have the opposite problem of most pixie growers, wishing I had a longer "mullet"!
But maybe that part is just curlier ...I'm not sure.

<3OnHerSleeve
November 10th, 2010, 05:54 PM
my hair grows fastest on the top of my head, closer to my face than to my crown.

jenwexler
November 10th, 2010, 05:58 PM
my hair grows fastest on the top of my head, closer to my face than to my crown.

Woah! I LOVE your hair. How long did it take to get it that long?

lhangel9
November 12th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Top of my head and "other" places.

TinaDenali
November 12th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I have actually never noticed if I have areas on my head where my hair grows faster than others. Hmmm...

Leg/pit hair grows super fast, though. Pity. :rolleyes:

Angeletti
November 12th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I haven't cut my hair in years so it's safe to say by looking at the pictures of my V hemline that somewhere around the center back portion of my head seems to grow the fastest. If I can remember correctly I started out with a blunt hemline.

McFearless
November 12th, 2010, 08:45 PM
My lower layer. I generally touch the scalp there more so maybe its a blood circulation thing.

jenwexler
November 13th, 2010, 12:59 AM
I felt the back of my ear where my hair grows fast and that part of my head is EXTREMELY hot compared to other parts of my head. Perhaps heat distribution plays a part?

bte
November 13th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Where does my hair grow fastest?

In my dreams!

Dyefree
November 13th, 2010, 01:56 AM
I have a strong demarcation line of where my black roots meet my brown dyed hair so I can definitely say that the under layer grows much faster than elsewhere.... I'd say I have maybe 2 inches of regrowth there, whereas elsewhere I only have an inch. :(

jenwexler
November 13th, 2010, 02:17 AM
That's the only benefit of having roots come in...We can keep track of how fast our hair grows easier.

Henrietta
November 13th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I think my bangs grow faster than the rest, but maybe I just think so because I see it all the time and it gets in my way;)

There is a theory, I have found it on one of the hair sites, that scalp gives the areas where the hair is short more... substances, so short hair, like bangs, grows faster...