PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider taking biotin, even if you have thick hair?

Dreamkitty
November 10th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I was wondering if anyone with iii hair has taken biotin to make their hair even thicker? and does it make already thick hair more thicker or is it just used for people with thinning hair?

Lianna
November 10th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I thought it helped hair grow faster, that's why I started taking it! I've heard some people say it grew faster.

Dreamkitty
November 10th, 2010, 09:10 AM
I thought it helped hair grow faster, that's why I started taking it! I've heard some people say it grew faster.

:) I heard this too, how much do you take in a day?

Lianna
November 10th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I just started 5.000 mcg, because I asked around here a while ago, and a lot of people took 2.500-5.000. I also take MSM, might help with my joint problems too. :D

enfys
November 10th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Some people believe it makes hair grow quicker, not thicker.

I took it for several months and all it did was contribute to a lighter wallet. My hair didn't grow faster for it, I didn't get acne. I tried a few different doses in that time and no change occured.

Since you just pee out the extra it's not as harmful to overdose on but you are still making your organs work overtime to proccess it.

jojo
November 10th, 2010, 10:11 AM
biotin is a vitamin for growing hair not making thicker, i think you are thinking of msm maybe?

ikke1978
November 10th, 2010, 10:31 AM
i can't imagine it will grow your hair faster, but maybe it will make your new hairgrowth come back stronger

Octave
November 10th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Nope, as I believe in getting vitamins and such things naturally from the things I eat.

enfys
November 10th, 2010, 11:21 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31246

According to this poll as many people found it made their hair grow faster as found it didn't.

jojo
November 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
i can't imagine it will grow your hair faster, but maybe it will make your new hairgrowth come back stronger
well ive been taking it 4 months and now get an inch a month and before was getting 1/4 of an inch so works for me!

Lianna
November 10th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Nope, as I believe in getting vitamins and such things naturally from the things I eat.

I also believe in that, I'm just so eager to grow hair, LOL. Seems like abnormal amounts of biotin make some hair grow faster (more than daily recommended). And also with other abnormal amounts of stuff, I just chose biotin and MSM.

crystal_89
November 10th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I'm taking biotin to make my hair grow faster. I'm now hoping it doesn't make my hair too much thicker. I don't have iii hair, but my hair is thick enough for me.

UltraBella
November 11th, 2010, 12:21 AM
I will run and hide from anything that will make my hair thicker !!! My ponytail circumference is at 5.10" and it is honestly a lot to deal with at hip length.

****** I know, I know. Oh poor me, I have such thick hair..... BLAH BLAH BLAH. Some of you rolled your eyes at me, I felt it ! Don't be making faces.

I NEED my thick hair, it makes my butt look smaller ;)

jeanniet
November 11th, 2010, 12:42 AM
I'm with you, Ultrabella, I don't want my hair to be any thicker than it is already. I do take biotin, but I haven't noticed my hair getting thicker. I don't know if it's growing faster, either! :D

Crazycatlady
November 11th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I will run and hide from anything that will make my hair thicker !!! My ponytail circumference is at 5.10" and it is honestly a lot to deal with at hip length.

****** I know, I know. Oh poor me, I have such thick hair..... BLAH BLAH BLAH. Some of you rolled your eyes at me, I felt it ! Don't be making faces.

:rolleyes: My bleeding heart goes out to you, UltraBella! I've read a lot about ponytail circumference here, but never picked up the measuring tape until now...just for you! After 15 months of growth from a super short pixie...a whopping 2.5 inches!!!

Now I deserve some sympathy, sister! No, you know it's just hair envy...I can't deny it. :eyebrows:

Hiriel
November 11th, 2010, 08:09 AM

Hehe, I understand. While my hair isn't as thick as yours, it's certainly more than thick enough. I like it, but it does NOT need to get any thicker ;)

patti
November 11th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the laugh UltraBella ... really needed it today. Biotin does work, at least for me (to grow hair) along with MSM and other supplements.

curlymarcia
November 11th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I am be taking biotin for a few months and hair is not thicker. I am not sure yet if it's growing faster.

Roseate
November 11th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I'd quit the biotin today if I thought it was going to increase my circumference! Thicker hair, no thanks. So far, it hasn't. Hasn't done much for my growth rate either, but I'm not quite ready to give up yet, I am stubborn!

Embrace1913
November 12th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I've been taking biotin faithfully for 7 months now. I take 5000 mcg per day in conjunction with my other supplements. I have very thick hair so I don't know if it got any thicker but it has definitely grown longer :)

Vermelha
November 12th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I want to take Biotin again, but I'm so worried about my skin...I used to take 5000 mcg but I got really bad breakouts, but I had such good results with my hair :(